Home | Community | Message Board

Royal Queen Seeds Cannabis Seeds
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineTheman
Stranger
 User Gallery

Few money shots... few more..moe
    #822308 - 01/02/17 11:46 PM (7 years, 2 months ago)

Really wish I could capture how crazy packed and long the trichomes are.. great for dry sift or bubble.

Anyway, enjoy!

All pics are of God candy (worked gov Canada strain dubbed candy X Canada God bud) X pre 98 bubba  2 phenos both great in there own right. 1 grape like bracts ie huge calyx unreal long trichs bag appeal although prob not as potent as it looks because of large bracts that likely have ltitle thc inside. Other more purple slightly more perfume bigger yield more resistant plant.  Both resinous stems in Veg def 97% afganicas

Edit

Couple more. Dif phenos amazing how purple it looks next to green..

Edited by Theman (01/06/17 11:05 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineTheman
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Few money shots...few more [Re: Theman]
    #822349 - 01/04/17 01:02 AM (7 years, 2 months ago)

Note the trichomes sandwich and purple stalks on some of the trichs on the last pic. wish had macro lens lol:) first pic is of moby dick nice producer pretty large nugs. Also had nice lavender flower scent to her

Edited by Theman (01/04/17 01:08 AM)

Offlinebudgrowerwannabe
Bum fighter
Male User Gallery

#822350 - 01/04/17 03:34 AM (7 years, 2 months ago)

nice plants you have there!!:jackiechanofapproval:

Offlinetrippyhippy
Dr. Tripp
Male

Loc: Washington,Oregon,florida
Re: Few money shots...few more [Re: budgrowerwannabe]
    #822360 - 01/04/17 04:51 PM (7 years, 2 months ago)

Nice whats ur yeilds like?

--------------------
Where ever you go... There you are.

OfflineTheman
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Few money shots...few more [Re: trippyhippy]
    #822392 - 01/06/17 12:27 AM (7 years, 2 months ago)

Depends on the plant lol. Lemon skunk was a weird one decided to toss buds all the way down prob beast outside but light airy sativa nugs. Ie likely under. or moby dick or G13xcheese going to be above average.

Brings up a point often said by Bm. We are growing trichs and Terps. Veg weight is something only underground cash growers care about. Ie 2 lbs of mid's or 1/4 lb of wicked smelling fine erb, I'd choose less of better. The point is when focus on quality, quantity will be what it is, only way to get more is with pgr which create weight bUT less terpenes and cannabinoids per unit.  Lol little off topic...

InvisiblephychotronM
Medicated

Loc: Earth (mostly) Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #822441 - 01/07/17 09:28 AM (7 years, 2 months ago)

Looking good. I dont know if it will help in your case, but if you adjust the white balance of the camera you can eliminate the pink from the LED. It has less effect when you have another bright light source and sometimes it makes it worse. A phone you might not have the option at all.

It'll turn this

into this

If you have a camera with a detachable lens on it the macro lenses on amazon/ebay are cheap and work well for the price. ~20 for a set of 4. Also good is a multi-piece Macro Barrel, which just takes your existing lens and move it slightly further away from the body.

Even still they're hard to take, you need a lot of light and then the bud gets so close to the lens that it blocks the light itself sometimes. And the focal depth tends to make it really difficult to get a clear shot.

--------------------
Any help given is for educational purposes only. Its your responsibility not to break any applicable laws
Bamboo Bongs I make | Perfect Dry and Cure | Grapegod under LED
“Human beings, vegetables, or cosmic dust, we all dance to a mysterious tune intoned in the distance by an invisible player.” ~ Albert Einstein

OfflineTheman
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Few money shots...few more [Re: phychotron]
    #822449 - 01/07/17 11:46 AM (7 years, 2 months ago)

Thanks one of those barrels would be neat like tilt shift think it's called does similar thing for the mini world look.

Ya 2 or 3 light sources but 1 or 2 pics in particular I like the colors. Esp 1 with 1 third plant 2 third pink backround.

InvisiblephychotronM
Medicated

Loc: Earth (mostly) Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #822462 - 01/07/17 03:50 PM (7 years, 2 months ago)

I like the way LED's give you a bunch of bands of individual light that separates and  produces layers of shadows that are all slightly offset.  Before I moved I wanted to build a light box to get some really good nug shots. But I wanted to trick it out with a bunch of different colored LED's from all different angle's to get that effect.  Getting some of those individual colors really close can give you some really neat results.

Here's some of my favorite blended color shots. The Green LED really makes it pop against the contrasting purple/blue/red bids. I accidentally got these shots and have been trying to recreate the effect ever since.  The light has to be within an inch or so for it to work.

compared to this non-white balanced version that you see in real life..

I like the last photo you posted where its the plant in regular HPS light and a perfect purple background that's far enough away to make the leaf pop in contrast. The focal depth makes it blur out just enough to really make the leaf appear very crisp.

--------------------
Any help given is for educational purposes only. Its your responsibility not to break any applicable laws
Bamboo Bongs I make | Perfect Dry and Cure | Grapegod under LED
“Human beings, vegetables, or cosmic dust, we all dance to a mysterious tune intoned in the distance by an invisible player.” ~ Albert Einstein

Offlinenewbie2shoes
Stranger

Re: Few money shots...few more [Re: phychotron]
    #823319 - 01/31/17 01:54 PM (7 years, 1 month ago)

Nice buds and tip on photography under the blurple lights:raisemyglass:

Offlinebastard4life
Stranger

Re: Few money shots...few more [Re: newbie2shoes]
    #823605 - 02/12/17 10:23 AM (7 years, 1 month ago)

Nice pics and advice.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains