Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds UK
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Invisiblemaryanne3087
Stranger

Trusted Cultivator
Re: MONSTROUS buds [Re: magick81] * 2
    #591992 - 10/13/11 11:06 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

magick81 said:
Quote:

FurrowedBrow said:
ive also had a single terminal cola that was an OZ dry and looked as big as the ones in the pictures here.  and it was indoor only under 400 watts.

Furrowed Brow, would you mind sending me a PM with the breeders name and strain? I'm looking for strains with a single terminal cola to compliment my small wardrobe I am trying to use.

Cheers
Magickz

There's numerous strains (er cultivars) that just love to grow a single cola some will even grow like a Christmas tree which is even better since you're not going to run into over crowding issues as much.

Many cultivars will grow a single cola if you don't veg them long enough for them to form many branches. You can also trim the lower branches before flowering which is called "lollipopping" this essentially makes cultivars that wouldn't grow a single cola or would normally branch out grow more uniform and skinnier which is the goal when growing for maximum yield in a small closet.

Selection is also a big factor as some some offspring may have variations in height, girth, bud size, growth speed, growth profile (branching vs single cola or christmas tree like vs not), etc. You're always going to have a uniform crop if you grow from clones, you can from seed / multiple cultivars but it's going to be a lot more difficult and even still less uniform.

Do some research in growing a Sea of Green / Monocrop. It's the highest yielding method and it's the most time and electricity efficient. However it's also the most dangerous if you live in a place where plant counts make your grow more illegal as the key to growing a effective Sea of Green is using 20-36 (sometimes more!) plants in a 3x3-4x4' area. This is also a headache to water especially if you're in a closet where you only have access to a portion of one side (the door) so hydroponics would be your best friend. Hydroponics isn't necessarily complicated, expensive, or time consuming in case you're already intimidated. You can put together a drip system for next to nothing perhaps nothing if you have some things laying around.

Recommendations? I've found several high yielding low branching including:

Chimera's GFxBB Perhaps the best I've grown for this purpose when considering the frequency a SoG candidate pops up. Very fruity, relatively potent, commonly grows a single cola, few side branches which can easily be trimmed if necessary. Grows to be a ~2ft 20ish gram plant when flowered at 8-10" in my experience.

Chimera's Mental Floss This one may not be suitable for your closet as it gets a bit taller some phenotypes take 77-80 days to finish whereas the GFxBB finishes commonly in ~63days. Mental Floss yields potentially more than virtually anything else I've grown, it's very potent, and tastes amazing. It would be more of a challenge to flower out a pack or two of these in a closet but once you find your mother I think it would be worth while.

Mr.Nice's SuperSilverHaze In my experience it's challenging enough to get the majority of these plants to finish at 4-5 ft so growing in a closet would definitely be a challenge, however there are 8-9 week phenotypes that grow a single cola and yield like a mad man. Flowering from seed in a closet probably isn't an option with this one.

Mr.Nice's Critical Mass - This is one of the more common cash cropping varieties in Canada. It's fast, chunky, and even when grown in a greenhouse can basically grow a single cola(definitely depending on selection! http://mrnice.nl/dhtml/strains.php?id=17 ) Is there any plant that can beat this one in the yield department? It's fast as hell and huge. There's also very skunky and berry phenotypes so the smoke can be appealing to most.

Serious Seeds Chronic - Personally I'm not a fan however this is probably the most famous cash cropper because it yields A LOT and grows a single fat sticky cola. I've come across it before and there's certainly better smoke out there but it's nothing to laugh at either.

Note: Both the Chronic and Critical Mass can have serious mold problems since the cola's grow so dense. I can't speak for Chronic personally but Critical Mass outdoors on a humid summer = not harvesting anything that you could smoke.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleFurrowedBrowM
Free yourself from yourself
Male User Gallery

Loc: Carpal Tunnel
Trusted Cultivator
Re: MONSTROUS buds [Re: maryanne3087]
    #592008 - 10/13/11 01:07 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

wow, very interesting write up there maryanne.  thanks for sharing it!

--------------------

Multidisciplinary Association for Psychedelic Studies - Become a member!
The Growery's Herb Museum (post #24)
I prefer dangerous freedom to peaceful slavery.
~ Thomas Jefferson ~

Invisiblemaryanne3087
Stranger

Trusted Cultivator
Re: MONSTROUS buds [Re: FurrowedBrow]
    #592037 - 10/13/11 03:47 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Always a pleasure.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck