Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Invisiblecaptain.koons
Failed Botanist
Trusted Cultivator
Kush via seed
    #803161 - 01/12/16 10:30 PM (8 years, 2 months ago)

What kush / kush hybrids have yall grown from seeds?

What's the good the bad and the ugly?

Years ago when Kushes blew up the scene and most pot markets there was a lot of IBL hype which tbh were almost all shit. I'm not the biggest fan of Kush but the market demands mostly Kush.

GOOD: Archive seeds face off bx1 hybrids, this breeder has a m/f og found in some face off og kush and crosses it to verified og kush clones. These are great.
BAD/ugly: basically everything else I've tried so far

Archive is great, pure OG no watered down bullshit, absolutely fire, a bit expensive and as expected with clone only strains most of them are low yielding.

I am however interested in trying a number of other kush hybrids including those from DNA genetics, Chimera, and med-man brand. I'm most skeptical about med-man brand, apparently he uses an OG Raskal Tahoe OG male to outcross some BC Kushes. BC Kushes tend to be more commercially viable having more afghani kush genetics.

What you all running? What you all recommend?

--------------------

TROLLS NEED LOVE TOO!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisiblephychotronM
Medicated

Loc: Earth (mostly) Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Kush via seed [Re: captain.koons]
    #803236 - 01/14/16 04:07 AM (8 years, 2 months ago)

I've smoked all the individual Platium, Bubba and OG kushes, but they don't compare to the Platinum Bubba OG Kush...

But thats a clone only plant last I checked

--------------------
Any help given is for educational purposes only. Its your responsibility not to break any applicable laws
Bamboo Bongs I make | Perfect Dry and Cure | Grapegod under LED
“Human beings, vegetables, or cosmic dust, we all dance to a mysterious tune intoned in the distance by an invisible player.” ~ Albert Einstein

InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Kush via seed [Re: phychotron]
    #803270 - 01/14/16 01:32 PM (8 years, 2 months ago)

I'm running OG#18 from DNA, Purple OG#18, Sour Kush.

Sour Kush also goes by the name Headband.

:happyweed:

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

:growingweed: Join us at the Growery! :growingweed:

Invisiblecaptain.koons
Failed Botanist
Trusted Cultivator
    #803271 - 01/14/16 01:39 PM (8 years, 2 months ago)

Only interested in seeds. That platinum bubba og whatever looks fucking nice though.

Clones only kushes are good and all but the yield and vigor is usually pretty poor. I'd usually sacrifice a little potency or stench for added vigor and/or yield but in some cases everything can be improved or changed with the introduction of new genes or even a reshuffling.

Bubba is one of my favorites dunno what clone I got, I imagine it's a BC / Canadian clone as it's different from the samples I've had in the states. Just takes way too long to get any appreciable yield. I'd rather grow something else and just smoke resin.

--------------------

TROLLS NEED LOVE TOO!

InvisiblephychotronM
Medicated

Trusted Cultivator
    #803280 - 01/14/16 06:51 PM (8 years, 2 months ago)

This one didn't have any of those problems. I've found that vigor is usually determined by the phase of growth of the mother plant at the time. If you clone a plant at the wrong time or wrong branches the clones will suffer for awhile and need added veg time.

Were you by chance in Olympia today buying a sandwich?

--------------------
Any help given is for educational purposes only. Its your responsibility not to break any applicable laws
“Human beings, vegetables, or cosmic dust, we all dance to a mysterious tune intoned in the distance by an invisible player.” ~ Albert Einstein

InvisiblephychotronM
Medicated

Trusted Cultivator
    #803281 - 01/14/16 06:53 PM (8 years, 2 months ago)

If you can get your hands on the Obama Kush it's a pretty nice one, its similar to the PBOG but tastes a bit different when smoking. Probably also a clone only, but very good buds nonetheless.

--------------------

OfflineDannyFolks
OG
Male User Gallery
    #803308 - 01/15/16 03:09 AM (8 years, 2 months ago)

Im growing my first kush strain now..Pakistani chitral kush from Ace seeds
Its supposed to be very colorful and the green phenos are said to be more potent. Its also a landrace strain. But its my firts time growing it. Im half way into flowering now. I only ordered them cuz curiosity got the best of me. So i really cant recommend them....yet

--------------------

!!!!!Warning!!!!
  !!!!TRESPASSERS WILL BE EXECUTED!!!

OfflineDannyFolks
OG
Male User Gallery
Re: Kush via seed [Re: DannyFolks]
    #803309 - 01/15/16 03:14 AM (8 years, 2 months ago)

But if u asked my advice on haze I could
have been a little more helpful my dear

--------------------

!!!!!Warning!!!!
  !!!!TRESPASSERS WILL BE EXECUTED!!!

Invisiblecaptain.koons
Failed Botanist
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Kush via seed [Re: DannyFolks]
    #803310 - 01/15/16 07:15 AM (8 years, 2 months ago)

How's the x18? I heard they lost their mother and it's not the same as it once was. This seems to be a common accusation in the seed game.

Are the Purple x18 and Sour also from DNA? How are they? Do you run them from seed or just grab clones?

My haze game is already strong. Never done collecting, always got to keep it new and fresh. Right now I'm after Kush though, specifically after cali kushes in seed form.

--------------------

TROLLS NEED LOVE TOO!

InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #803342 - 01/16/16 09:02 AM (8 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

How's the x18? I heard they lost their mother and it's not the same as it once was. This seems to be a common accusation in the seed game.

I don't know the story but it comes out killer so I'm cool with it.

Quote:

Are the Purple x18 and Sour also from DNA?

Yes, both are pretty killer and they came from seed.

Quote:

Right now I'm after Kush though, specifically after cali kushes in seed form.

http://www.apothecary-genetics.spruz.com/king-of-kush-strains.htm

:happyweed:

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

:growingweed: Join us at the Growery! :growingweed:

OfflineGrit
    #804717 - 01/29/16 06:54 AM (8 years, 1 month ago)

I've grown out a couple MK-91 (socal master kush x chem 91skva) bred by Pisces genetics outdoors from seed. Those plants stank to high heavens and was straight fire. Finished into the first week of October with a respectable yield. I wish I would've taken a few cuttings to mother up and keep around for awhile, oh well live and learn.

Check out Firestax, they probably will have something your looking for, also greenpoint and Illuminati. I've smoked some pestilence from Illuminati before and it's really good. Pestilence is abusive og x west coast dawg.

Edited by Grit (01/29/16 07:02 AM)

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale