Home | Community | Message Board

High Mountain Gold Compost
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleCrushNazT
Male

Loc: Colorado Flag
Advice on using Roots Organic nutrients?
    #779020 - 05/16/15 06:52 PM (8 years, 10 months ago)

so im used to using botanicare's pure blend pro grow and bloom with some additives (like beastie bloomz, cha ching, bud candy and more recently floranectar) but im interested in trying out roots organic's line of nutrients. i just grabbed a bottle of buddha grow from the store to try out on a plant or 2 but have a few questions before using it on anything.

basically im wondering about pH and PPM of the nutrient solution with these bottled organic nutrients like roots organic. i've read that you dont want to pH the solution because some of the beneficial bacteria (or something) are killed off. not sure if thats accurate... also heard you dont need to pH it because it's organic and the soil buffers itself, or something about adding dolomite lime? well, what if i'm in fox farm soil? do i need to add dolomite or am i fine?

i usually just use tap water since i dont have an RO filter or anything. lots of dispensaries here do it too just because we dont need to. the water is pretty good for growing ganj. i just made a 1 gallon batch of the grow, 1 tablespoon to 1 gallon, reads about 250ppm and pH 4.0. i would feel really nervous abotu feeding a plant anything at 4.0... i might give it a test with a gallon of distilled water or something to see if the pH/PPM is any different.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineSmokeSomeHash
Littlest pee pee on da block
 User Gallery

Loc: murica Flag
Re: Advice on using Roots Organic nutrients? [Re: CrushNazT]
    #779022 - 05/16/15 07:44 PM (8 years, 10 months ago)

Ive used them briefly and didnt like them. And i know certain people on this site hate roots organics...because of the low pH problem you mentioned.

I would just stick with botanicare...the lineup you mentioned is really good. The only thing id personally switch is the FF additives but theyre good products regardless.

Also ive personally seen people buy the RO soils only to open them and find huge chunks of mold the same way you would in a contaminated shroom grow. Im talkin half of a big bag just nothing but mold.

--------------------

InvisibleCrushNazT
Male

Re: Advice on using Roots Organic nutrients? [Re: SmokeSomeHash]
    #779031 - 05/16/15 08:21 PM (8 years, 10 months ago)

yea i dont like their soil at all. i had SO many fungus gnats while using their soil. im not stupid, i dont overwater, their soil is just infested with gnat eggs. so i switched back to ocean forest, and started adding a little perlite to it. everything is fine now.

thankfully i only bought a bottle of grow and spent $12 on it. not out too much. i have a BUNCH of botanicare to use so maybe ill just stick to it. i'll experiment with one or 2 plants and see how it goes. might just use it on some peppers or something outside. i've done awesome with botanicare so far, so i guess theres no need to fix what isnt broken. maybe ill give the kind lineup a try.

been thinking about finding some kind of organic version of beastie and chaching. any ideas? i'll be adding bloombastic to my lineup, that may compare somewhat to beastie bloomz.

OfflineMidgetpawn
 User Gallery

#779040 - 05/16/15 08:46 PM (8 years, 10 months ago)

throw in garbage! those guys really annoyed me in email and I legitimately heard they allegedly use factory sewage runoff as their water source.

you don't have to throw their shit out, but I wouldn't rely on it for a living organic grow

OfflineSmokeSomeHash
Littlest pee pee on da block
 User Gallery

Loc: murica Flag
Re: Advice on using Roots Organic nutrients? [Re: Midgetpawn]
    #779041 - 05/16/15 09:19 PM (8 years, 10 months ago)

Try out the general organics line of products if you want a fully organic line.

--------------------

InvisibleCrushNazT
Male

Re: Advice on using Roots Organic nutrients? [Re: Midgetpawn]
    #779053 - 05/17/15 07:12 AM (8 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Midgetpawn said:
throw in garbage! those guys really annoyed me in email and I legitimately heard they allegedly use factory sewage runoff as their water source.

you don't have to throw their shit out, but I wouldn't rely on it for a living organic grow

thats almost believable. their buddha grow smells like straight shit.

InvisibleHawksresurrection
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #779055 - 05/17/15 08:58 AM (8 years, 10 months ago)

Awful company, toss it like was stated earlier

--------------------
Dude she isn't as young as she use to be.

-niteowl

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale