Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds UK
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Grow Bags   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineIamasmoker
imachavel
Male

Loc: Florida
Re: the ultimate organic nutrient: molasses [Re: Sirius]
    #58349 - 06/16/08 05:22 AM (15 years, 9 months ago)

well, maybe not the total GROWTH of 2 days in one day

what I was saying is it would have the accumulated sugars of 2 days of photosynthesis in one day. Maybe not respiration and usage of this energy, but a big boost, and nitrogen as well as the bacteria eat the sugars the plant doesn't absorb.

i don't know, using fertilizers i've seen the plant grow in one day what it would in two, you don't think in total with added micro nutrients in the soil and extra sugars the plant would eventually increase it's growth by maybe 20-40%?

i hope so, pot grows too flow for me being an outdoor grower

it has it's growth spurts, but they seem few and far in between. I thought maybe cannabis had a slow rate for processing sugars. maybe in that as well just having the sugars doesn't mean the rate for processing them would increase. so what would help, sugar, and a fan? plus a little fertilizer and a good amount of light??

--------------------
my rating of flavoraid:

b*tch*s shouldn't call me a retard..

and this shit... "I like to drink tea, lift weights, punch shit, have sex with girls"....

is gay as f**k

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineSirius
Saturn Ascends

Loc: The Milky Way
Trusted Cultivator
Re: the ultimate organic nutrient: molasses [Re: Iamasmoker]
    #58462 - 06/16/08 12:05 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Iamasmoker said:
i don't know, using fertilizers i've seen the plant grow in one day what it would in two, you don't think in total with added micro nutrients in the soil and extra sugars the plant would eventually increase it's growth by maybe 20-40%?

Its possible, but 200-300% probably isn't. :wink:

Quote:

maybe in that as well just having the sugars doesn't mean the rate for processing them would increase. so what would help, sugar, and a fan? plus a little fertilizer and a good amount of light??

I don't know about having a fan outdoors, but having optimal conditions across the board will make all the difference. I've read, though, that plants generally do not use more than 50% to 75% of the carbohydrates that they produce through photosynthesis, so giving those carbohydrates for the plant probably couldn't provide for that much of a boost, although I'm certain it does provide a good boost (just not a holy grail one :grin:). I'd have to imagine something like molasses really shines in grows wherein the plant receives less than optimal carbon dioxide and light, thus limiting photosynthesis. I'm just speculating here from what I've gathered so far, because I certainly haven't studied this stuff or had much first-hand experience in growing.

--------------------

OfflineIamasmoker
imachavel
Male

#58500 - 06/16/08 12:43 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

i hear you

none the less

a plant that gains an inch and a half extra in a week, will give you an extra 16 inches in 2 months

that's not bad, maybe not extremely efficient but a lot better in the end

i'm just looking to increase my plant size
get a better yeild, don't know if I've been doing something wrong, but i usually notice a foot a month average with my cannabis plants
so if this thing starts flowering at the beginning of september, that's only 2 and a half feet away if i start growing right now

i wanted to get at least 3 - 3 and a half feet

there's supplements that go a long way with growth in hydroponic nutrients that don't have to be used just in hydroponics right?

like oyster shell.. and such?

sirius? what's your best results? and with what? maybe you should try the brown sugar, tell me how it goes

--------------------
my rating of flavoraid:

and this shit... "I like to drink tea, lift weights, punch shit, have sex with girls"....

is gay as f**k

OfflineSirius
Saturn Ascends

Trusted Cultivator
    #59230 - 06/17/08 09:05 AM (15 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Iamasmoker said:
get a better yeild, don't know if I've been doing something wrong, but i usually notice a foot a month average with my cannabis plants

What kind of strains are you growing exactly? Indicas? Its possible that the rate is a good, average rate, depending on the specific circumstances.

Quote:

there's supplements that go a long way with growth in hydroponic nutrients that don't have to be used just in hydroponics right?

Nutrients are nutrients, really, the only thing that might differ between growth mediums is concentration and time schedule of doses....

Quote:

sirius? what's your best results? and with what? maybe you should try the brown sugar, tell me how it goes

I'll let you know when I have results. :tongue: My friend is waiting to begin his first indoor grow. He's grown outdoors in the past, but it was many years ago and it was as simple as planting them outside and possibly watering them on occasion. I just do a lot of reading from a lot of sources and use my reason skills to discern the right information, and nutrients and additives is a subject I have barely little information on, beyond basics and some specifics for my friend's setup. :grin:

Anyways, all you can do is grow them out, give them the molasses/brown sugar, and hope for the best. I saw a good signature quotation somewhere else just yesterday "Get rid of your expectations, it'll ruin your grow". :smirk: You'll get what you get and learn more through the process for next time, have some fun and still have at least some tokage if you don't totally fuck it up. :lol:

--------------------

OfflineIamasmoker
imachavel
Male

#59371 - 06/17/08 12:15 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

i hear you bro

--------------------
my rating of flavoraid:

is gay as f**k

Offlinefantasy2reality
 User Gallery

#62624 - 06/20/08 07:22 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

Been using this tea, except with quail poo, and I'll tell you what... I notice a difference in just the 2 weeks I have been using. I use this tea every other day just to allow enough to soak in the ground, then chase with some water. Seems to be working out pretty good so far.
I'll get the pics from before using, and now after using it and try to put them up.

Thanks for the hook up man.

InvisiblePhish_Dude
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: the ultimate organic nutrient: molasses [Re: fantasy2reality]
    #62642 - 06/20/08 08:51 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

Congrats on the success I'm glad its working out for ya.
5 leaves for you (when i have 50 posts).
post pics soon!!!! :greenthumb:

--------------------
organic growers check out:
basic compost tea guide
organic goodies

OfflineIamasmoker
imachavel
Male

Re: the ultimate organic nutrient: molasses [Re: Phish_Dude]
    #62708 - 06/20/08 10:37 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

alright, I haven't had an opportunity to try this shit with cannabis yet

but here's some results

i've been feeding brown sugar to a tree i've been growing, this tree is sitting in a pot, and hasn't really grown much more than a few inches in the last year or so

the last week i've been feeding this shit large amounts of brown sugar, i've probably given it between 5 to 10 tablespoons, I don't know exactly, i've just been pouring it on

I'd say it's grown in mass about 45%, and has increased it's space about 30%

meaning, it's branches have grown about a third of what they were longer and the leaves and extra branching along with that probably make up a 45% increase in growth

so total this thing has almost doubled it's growth by one half in a week, no nitrogen burning is apparent although don't take that too far because this tree seems to able to handle a lot of fertilizer with little nitrogen burning

all in all though this is massive results

i'd say this shit works like a fucking charm

i'd give it a shot, i wish i had pictures

but i don't

maybe in the future i'll take some pictures so you can have some results

in the meantime thanks a lot

peace

--------------------
my rating of flavoraid:

is gay as f**k

OfflineSirius
Saturn Ascends

Trusted Cultivator
    #62875 - 06/21/08 04:16 AM (15 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Iamasmoker said:
i've been feeding brown sugar to a tree i've been growing, this tree is sitting in a pot, and hasn't really grown much more than a few inches in the last year or so

And what kind of watering and feeding regimen has it been on in the last year or so? :strokebeard:

--------------------

OfflineIamasmoker
imachavel
Male

#62881 - 06/21/08 05:52 AM (15 years, 8 months ago)

well to tell you truth, once or twice a week, a water it, and feed it anywhere between 5 and 15 drops of miracle grow. I'm not saying it can't grow well, I'm just saying that in a pot it seems limited, adding the brown sugar seems to have accelerated it's growth beyond the potential it had in that pot/with the sugar added, I don't think it could tell the difference between how much root space to growth ratio it could perform.

that shit works!

the only other instance i've seen of some super rapid growth was when i added a bunch of rotting vegetables to the soil of this other plant, it composted so quickly the plant got a rush of nutrients and did the same thing, it grew like half it's size plus in a week sitting in a pot it hadn't grown more then a few inches difference in 2 or 3 years.

the problem with these things is i don't want to burn the plants or cause rotting.

otherwise i'd just dump miracle grow or dead compost or spoonfuls of sugar into these plants. I'm really not against superman growing my plants :lol:

anyway, if you're going to use sugar with your plants, you should see a big difference, from what i've seen, here's a basic estimate of what i'd give my plants, just an estimate from what i've seen with the smaller and larger plants. some extra nitrogen burning or rotting can occur, so try it like this

for every foot of plant you have add a tablespoon of sugar in your water every time you water. for example, 2 foot plant, use 2 tablespoons, for a 3 foot plant, use 3 tablespoons. for plants under a foot use a 12th of a tablespoon of sugar every time you water, for example, for a 3 inch plant, use 3 12ths of a tablespoon of sugar everytime you water, for a 7 inch plant, use 7 twelvths of a tablespoon. I'm going to try it like that with these baby juicy fruit seeds my freind gave me that just sprouted, hopefully it works out.

so far i've only seen minor burning with high doses and a puke rotting smell in the soil that i had compost in, the plants seem really resilient to sugar, so so far i don't see a problem with using it.

let me know

--------------------
my rating of flavoraid:

is gay as f**k

InvisiblePhish_Dude
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #64389 - 06/23/08 02:12 AM (15 years, 8 months ago)

thats really cool i had no idea, but i probably could have made an educated guess for sugars success.
im glad this thread helped your grows substantially;)

--------------------
basic compost tea guide
organic goodies

OfflineIamasmoker
imachavel
Male

Re: the ultimate organic nutrient: molasses [Re: Phish_Dude]
    #64394 - 06/23/08 02:21 AM (15 years, 8 months ago)

yeah

let's see how it does with my OTHER plants

--------------------
my rating of flavoraid:

is gay as f**k

OfflineIamasmoker
imachavel
Male

#67388 - 06/27/08 10:54 AM (15 years, 8 months ago)

once again i just want to give props to this information

i had another tree, a ficus that got destroyed by whitefly, for the past 6 months it's lower branches have had no leaves, and it hasn't wanted to grow them back

i used 2 tablespoons one each time the first 2 times i watered trying brown sugar. it didn't do much so i added 7 tablespoons the last time, after a week, i thought it wasn't going to do anything. 10 days later, i went out there today, the plants bottom leaves have all grown back with new branching areas, and the plant has gotten leafy and really bushy, i'd say it's grown a total 30%-35%.

so that's another plant i'm growing that just got big as fuck thanks to the excess of sugars i've been adding. and this isn't even with molasses which has the b-vitamins. thanks for the info!

hopefully everyone will be using molasses in their grows soon and we can all see the results:thumbup:

--------------------
my rating of flavoraid:

is gay as f**k

InvisiblePhish_Dude
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #68828 - 06/30/08 01:54 AM (15 years, 8 months ago)

np, pot always seemed to be a sweet tooth:grin:

--------------------
basic compost tea guide
organic goodies

Offlinefantasy2reality
 User Gallery

#77109 - 07/09/08 07:40 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

fantasy2reality said:
Now, after mixing all the ingredients... do I feed all in one watering? or spread it out throughout the course of the week?

I'm new to growing MJ, so please be patient. I just took some photo's of my best plant so far... I have three different locations within 50 square yards of each other.. one location has three plants, one has two, and the other has one plant.

Don't know why it worked out that way, but it did.
I'm hoping I get at least two females.
But I am new to the whole thing, and just trying to learn as I go.

I do have fish emulsion made by Bonide, I also have MG bloom booster for when the time comes. I already made the molasses tea, I used quail shit.... is this okay? I raise quail, and a friend told me that as long as I let it sun and dry, that it would be cool...
Thanks for all your help for a beginner... I'm hoping to harvest some decent stuff to have for the year. I don't smoke that often so a little bit will last me forever.

Here's an update for you guys on my use of the molasses juice I've been using since finding this information on this excellent website!!!

Just discovered it's a girl today, two big bright white fluffy hairs sticking out from the base of the stem and branches!!! LUCKY ME! the picture with my hand you can kind of make the hairs out, sorry so blurry.

I wanted to ask you guys about this picture too... sorry to butt into your post phish...

Whats up with the 9 leaves on this plant? is this usual? does it mean anything? a friend told me it was normal, and that maybe the plant had mutated?????

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
    #77114 - 07/09/08 07:42 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

it's not a mutation, so no worries!  Things are looking good :smile:

--------------------

MFDoom666: sobriety kills my buzz every time.

OfflineEleutherios

#78023 - 07/10/08 10:22 AM (15 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

fantasy2reality said:
I used quail shit.... is this okay? I raise quail, and a friend told me that as long as I let it sun and dry, that it would be cool...

Look into ratios for using chicken shit. I would imagine that the amount used would be the same.

--------------------

Offlinefantasy2reality
 User Gallery

Re: the ultimate organic nutrient: molasses [Re: Eleutherios]
    #78144 - 07/10/08 12:40 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Eleutherios said:
Quote:

fantasy2reality said:
I used quail shit.... is this okay? I raise quail, and a friend told me that as long as I let it sun and dry, that it would be cool...

Look into ratios for using chicken shit. I would imagine that the amount used would be the same.

Been using quail poo at about 2 TBS. per gallon of water. Seems to be alright. no yellow leaves, plants healthy.

OfflineEleutherios

#78866 - 07/10/08 09:51 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

As far as the concept of feeding the soil goes, I wonder if it might be beneficial to mix a pot of different organic fertilizers. Then pour in some nice molasses broth, pour it in, and leave the soil to condition for a couple weeks prior to planting a rooted cutting for flowering. I was reading that because of the time span of the plant being in the media vs the time required for appropriate breakdown and activation of nutrients, certain things may be slightly limited in their usefulness. If you were to create a rich active media for the plant prior to planting, I think it wouldn't be an issue. Microbial life and beneficial fungi are where its at.

--------------------

InvisiblePhish_Dude
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: the ultimate organic nutrient: molasses [Re: Eleutherios]
    #85752 - 07/16/08 11:09 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Eleutherios said:
As far as the concept of feeding the soil goes, I wonder if it might be beneficial to mix a pot of different organic fertilizers. Then pour in some nice molasses broth, pour it in, and leave the soil to condition for a couple weeks prior to planting a rooted cutting for flowering. I was reading that because of the time span of the plant being in the media vs the time required for appropriate breakdown and activation of nutrients, certain things may be slightly limited in their usefulness. If you were to create a rich active media for the plant prior to planting, I think it wouldn't be an issue. Microbial life and beneficial fungi are where its at.

yes if you use dry ingredients with your soil such as bone/blood meal you want to mix it in with soil a week or two in advance to stabilize the Ph, your plants may get burned otherwise. and with the addition of molasses letting it sit a week will be good because the organism  levels will start to thrive (depending on temp) and start to break down the dry ferts.

--------------------
basic compost tea guide
organic goodies

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Grow Bags   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck