Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleHawksresurrection
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Organics for Beginners [Re: Cannablissthecat]
    #731343 - 05/13/14 11:48 AM (9 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Cannablissthecat said:
Quote:

Magash said:
Little fact. Take a glass of tap water and test it for Chlorine then stick your finger in it for about 5 seconds and test it again. Now the test will show no chlorine.

Now myself I find organics a huge waste of time. I've never met anybody that can tell the difference between organic and chem weed. I decided that after years of growing organically to do some tests and here is a copy of the post I did on it.

Quote:

Ok, I have been growing since the mid 80’s and the entire time I’ve heard how organic bud is better tasting and such. I always felt that this was true just cause when you listen to why it is suppose to be better then buds grown with synthetics or chemical nutrients it seems to make sense. Then I saw this show called bullshit with Penn and Teller and the subject was organic food. I saw the test that they did and I just had to do em with buds.
Well the test was done at 3 different clubs and with a group of growers in Mendocino County. The strain used was Granddaddy Purple.
People were allowed to try free samples of organic grown and buds grown with General Hydroponics nutrients. Flora Nova and Kool Blooms.
Now the samples
2 plates of buds with labels showing but the buds switched. Organic buds in the hydro plate and hydro buds in the organic plate. 2 plates with no labels and the buds were in the right plate. Then for fun (he he he ) two sets of plates one with organic buds in both plates and one with hydro buds in both plates.

The results.
Buds in the right plate but no labels showing  73% of people picked the hydro buds as better tasting and smoking buds.

Buds in the plates with the labels showing but with the buds switched 87% picked the organic side with the hydro buds in the plate. (Even so far as going and saying they can taste the soil then getting very pissed when shown the bud they picked)

Then the same buds divided into two and put into labeled plates. So what I mean here is buds from the same plant put into two plates with different labels to see if anybody would notice. In both sets of plates 87% of people again picked the Organic as better tasting in both sets even though it was the same bud divided into two plates. I heard comments on how the organic tasted “earthy, cleaner, less salty, and one who insisted that the organic buds burnt better then got pissed when told he picked hydro in every instance.

The only people who picked right were people who didn't care if grown organic or grown with raid ant killer as long as they got a free sample.

Both sets of buds were flushed for one week before harvesting.

Conclusion is that properly grown hydro buds seems to be as good in every way as organic buds.

That is based on a "taste" study. Monsanto food is going to taste relatively similar to organic food, but organic food in the end is going to be healthier for you. I figure the same would apply to cannabis growing and consuming.

So everyone is speaking of distilled and RO water, (I might use distilled water, but not RO water) what is your take on natural spring water?

Do you have any stats to back up what you are claiming?  The most recent studies I have come across have shown no clear distinction in nutritional value between organic and non organic foods. 

Now is it better for the environment to move away from pesticides and petroleum based fertilizer?  Of course.  But to say one is better for you is a wildly inaccurate statement with no basis in science.  It's an opinion.

--------------------
Dude she isn't as young as she use to be.

-niteowl

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineCannablissthecat
Weedwacker
Male

Re: Organics for Beginners [Re: Hawksresurrection]
    #731361 - 05/13/14 01:31 PM (9 years, 10 months ago)

It's a very broad subject matter, I'm new to researching its background myself, also because I'm young and want to live a healthy life. So I don't have direct links to backup what I say, but if you do I would love to have a look.

I'm with you on that. Organo phosphates are not good for combating pesticides. It is also the same pesticide, along with agent orange that is being sprayed through chem trails all around America. I also don't like monoculture breeding of plants, which are major corporations reasoning for using these pesticides, and I think it's a huge dilemma that needs to be changed in society.

The majority of organic food should hold higher nutritional value over their nonorganic counterpart. It's not to say nonorganic isn't nutritionally bad for you, they are just going to carry traces of those chemicals along with them. We have an increasingly alarming rate of medical problems to this very reason, and it's hard to scientifically prove because of how delayed these problems can occur.

If this is offtopic, etc, I apologize. Please don't flame
:rabble:

InvisibleHawksresurrection
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Organics for Beginners [Re: Cannablissthecat]
    #731362 - 05/13/14 01:34 PM (9 years, 10 months ago)

I wasn't flaming you at all man.  Just stating some facts.

Here's a good link on the subject of nutritional content.

http://med.stanford.edu/ism/2012/september/organic.html

--------------------
Dude she isn't as young as she use to be.

-niteowl

OfflineSmokeSomeHash
Littlest pee pee on da block
 User Gallery

Loc: murica Flag
Re: Organics for Beginners [Re: Cannablissthecat] * 1
    #731614 - 05/15/14 07:09 AM (9 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Cannablissthecat said:

The majority of organic food should hold higher nutritional value over their nonorganic counterpart. It's not to say nonorganic isn't nutritionally bad for you, they are just going to carry traces of those chemicals along with them. We have an increasingly alarming rate of medical problems to this very reason, and it's hard to scientifically prove because of how delayed these problems can occur.

:rabble:

That is WAY off. Just because its not labeled organic doesnt mean its chemical. I have some acreage my family farms and all our neighbors farm too. Myself and many others grow organically but arent going to pay for the organic certification so its just regular produce. Its fully organic even though the label doesnt say...and thats how it should be.

so to say its got bad chemicals just cuz theres no organic label is wrong. Also, if growing in hydro using synthetic nutes but properly flushed, there should be no residuals.

it sounds like you are overusing and overbroadening the word chemical when you should be saying "pesticides and herbicide products desinged to kill"

--------------------

Offlinedjd202
Stranger
Re: Organics for Beginners [Re: BlargIAmDead]
    #744097 - 08/15/14 11:37 PM (9 years, 7 months ago)

LC’s Soiless Mix #1:
5 parts Canadian Spaghnam Peat or Coir or Pro-Moss
3 parts perlite
2 parts wormcastings or mushroom compost or home made compost

if i just made this for a indoor soil would it work good just mix it up and put in my pots. not sure what you mean by parts or how to measure that but i guess it just depends on how many gallon your pots holds?

Edited by djd202 (08/15/14 11:39 PM)

Offlinemrenigma
Stranger
Re: Organics for Beginners [Re: Hawksresurrection]
    #808673 - 03/24/16 11:53 AM (7 years, 11 months ago)

i've read that in fruits and vegetables, organics are not found to be any more nutritious, in terms of vitamin content n whatnot than "conventionally-grown" produce.. organic food was, however, shown to be less likely to contain pesticide residues. not rly applicable to most cannabis grows i would think. the real value in growing organically, for me, is that it's a lot more fun. and im sure quite a bit cheaper. i use backyard compost(oak leaves, pine needles, veg scraps, grass clippings some months, spent mushroom substrates). backyard soil(containing many  acorns which shoot up mid-grow--hate it but i love it), dolomite, n perlite n during grow at dift times i sometimes throw in a lil diluted coffee, molasses, etc. i add lactic acid bacteria from water kefir or whey. compost tea. all dat good good. costs me nothing. and seeing your soil creeping and crawling n ur plants happy is good stuff too.

tl;dr

maybe not better tasting or healthier, but cheaper and more fun

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds