Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Premium Bali Kratom Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleHawksresurrection
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: The organic myth. [Re: coastalcalifornia]
    #631240 - 07/10/12 02:51 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

"Synthetic" chemicals are derived from natural sources. 

And all these "Organic" nutrient lines are having a HUGE impact on the environment.

--------------------
Dude she isn't as young as she use to be.

-niteowl

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleMycophile
 User Gallery

Re: The organic myth. [Re: Hawksresurrection]
    #631249 - 07/10/12 03:41 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

As long as it doesn't end up like Rice Krispies weed (snap, crackle, poppin' when I burn it) then it's all good.

What about Genetically modified bud? :ooo:

Edited by Mycophile (07/10/12 03:42 PM)

OfflineLegalize
Stranger
Male

Loc: Michigan USA
Re: The organic myth. [Re: Hawksresurrection] * 1
    #631251 - 07/10/12 03:49 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Organic or non organic is all the same..Non organic is the same stuff just usually more concentrated, which in turn makes it man made..Look At H20 whether hydrogen and oxygen combine in nature or a lab to make water it's still water and there's no difference..Same atoms same molecules are used to make it ..Same with fertilizers.. Potassium is potassium whether made in the lab or nature..There's no difference or it wouldn't be potassium..Same with nitrogen ,phosphorus or anything else..I really don't see why these discussions are always coming up..Do people not think for themselves anymore? Seems like everyone just believes what someone else has told them ..People lie,people are misinformed,and people like to impress other people by how much they "know" even if they've never really thought about it or investigated the ideas themselves..Everyone needs to start just thinking on their own..
The plants break these back down and rebuild to what they need..So even if there was a slim possibility it mattered where it came from" which it doesn't" it doesn't now cause it's been broken down ,and rebuilt into something else..

Edited by Legalize (07/10/12 06:18 PM)

User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: The organic myth. [Re: Legalize]
    #631253 - 07/10/12 04:02 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

That's why I was referring to the fact that they all come from natural sources.

--------------------

-niteowl

InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #631308 - 07/10/12 09:28 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

I've said if before and I'll say it again if the bud is grown organically or with chemicals as long as it's properly grown you can't tell the difference.

:happyweed:

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

:growingweed: Join us at the Growery! :growingweed:

Offlinecoastalcalifornia
Organic Grower

Loc: California
Re: The organic myth. [Re: Magash] * 1
    #631348 - 07/11/12 10:44 AM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Yes - chemical based nutrients are derived from elements based on our planet, but that does NOT mean that all elements on this planet are beneficial to our health. Many fertilizers on the market are derived from petroleum. Why would you want to put that shit into your plants - your body or the environment?

100% organic and veganic nutrients are derived from vegetable sources. They provide readily available nutrients, are environmentally friendly, and sustainable.

Here is one example a natural element being harmful - this video clip of sulfur miners in Indonesia who suffer major health problems due to natural sulfur exposure. It is very sad but it is their only option to make a living for their family:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ENY6z2pj2pQ

Be conscious of what your fertilizers are based of - they're ultimately ending up in your plants, your blood, and our earth.

OfflineLegalize
Stranger
Male

Loc: Michigan USA
    #631351 - 07/11/12 10:57 AM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Here we go with another one.. Think 4 yourself..I like how you brought up petroleum..

Petroleum (L. petroleum, from Greek: petra (rock) + Latin: oleum (oil)[1][2]) or crude oil is a naturally occurring flammable liquid consisting of a complex mixture of hydrocarbons of various molecular weights and other liquid organic compounds, that are found in geologic formations beneath the Earth's surface. A fossil fuel, it is formed when large quantities of dead organisms, usually zooplankton and algae, are buried underneath sedimentary rock and undergo intense heat and pressure

Sounds like organic to me..
And i wont post in here anymore this thread really annoys me to look at ..

Edited by Legalize (07/11/12 11:04 AM)

Offlinecoastalcalifornia
Organic Grower

Re: The organic myth. [Re: Legalize] * 1
    #631352 - 07/11/12 11:10 AM (11 years, 8 months ago)

It is organic, Legalize, I'm not disputing that. I'm just asking people to think about what organic matter they put into their plants. Petroleum based fertilizers vs. vegetable based fertilizer? Vegetable based fertilizers are much better for your plants, your health, and the environment.

Peace, bro.

OfflineLysurgeon
Psychonaut
Male

Loc: Far Away From Any Ground ...
    #631353 - 07/11/12 11:12 AM (11 years, 8 months ago)

i started my first run in connoisseur organics soil...nothing butt water and molasses for the hole cycle....:thumbup:

--------------------

User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: The organic myth. [Re: coastalcalifornia] * 1
    #631354 - 07/11/12 11:29 AM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

coastalcalifornia said:
Yes - chemical based nutrients are derived from elements based on our planet, but that does NOT mean that all elements on this planet are beneficial to our health. Many fertilizers on the market are derived from petroleum. Why would you want to put that shit into your plants - your body or the environment?

100% organic and veganic nutrients are derived from vegetable sources. They provide readily available nutrients, are environmentally friendly, and sustainable.

Here is one example a natural element being harmful - this video clip of sulfur miners in Indonesia who suffer major health problems due to natural sulfur exposure. It is very sad but it is their only option to make a living for their family:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ENY6z2pj2pQ

Be conscious of what your fertilizers are based of - they're ultimately ending up in your plants, your blood, and our earth.

Actually most organic sources of nutrients from plants are derived from bat shit, fish meal (which is devastating our ocean system), horse, cow, pig, and chicken shit.  And then the plants, mostly sea weed extract, which is also hurting out ocean system by harvesting. 

Just because something is derived from petroleum doesn't automatically make it dangerous.  The fish we are getting out of the ocean to make these ferts have a ton of mercury in them.

--------------------

-niteowl

Offlinecoastalcalifornia
Organic Grower

#631465 - 07/12/12 10:43 AM (11 years, 8 months ago)

I moved from the east coast to the west coast years ago. When I first got here, I could taste a major difference in fruits and vegetables grown here.

I occasionally go back to the east coast and I can tell the difference in synthetic vs organically grown produce. Synthetically grown produce has a distinct chemical taste.

The same goes for buds.

User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #631472 - 07/12/12 12:47 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

:lolsy:

That's funny.  I'd love to have you do a blind taste test on it.

--------------------

-niteowl

Offlinecoastalcalifornia
Organic Grower

#631475 - 07/12/12 01:05 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

I'm not being rude or disrespectful. I'm just giving my opinion taken from the decades I've been alive. I don't aim to convince anyone of anything.

It's your body - if you want to drink petroleum - go for it. If you want to eat fruit and vegetables - more power to you. Good luck with your choices.

User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: The organic myth. [Re: coastalcalifornia] * 1
    #631477 - 07/12/12 01:19 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Drink petroleum....come on dude.  That's just scare tactic propaganda.

I've been on the earth as long as you.  And have done a whole lot of research into this.  The vegetables grown with synthetic vs organic ferts have no difference health wise.  What you're needing to watch out for are the insecticides and herbicides and GMO's that are out there.

I'm all for you growing organically man.  But I've seen blind taste tests and most people can't tell the difference or choose the synthetic one.

--------------------

-niteowl

Offlinecoastalcalifornia
Organic Grower

#631480 - 07/12/12 01:49 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Right on, man. Good post.

InvisibleHarry_Ba11sachM
cannoisseur
 User Gallery

Loc: Nepal Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #631487 - 07/12/12 03:43 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

coastalcalifornia said:
It is organic, Legalize, I'm not disputing that. I'm just asking people to think about what organic matter they put into their plants. Petroleum based fertilizers vs. vegetable based fertilizer? Vegetable based fertilizers are much better for your plants, your health, and the environment.

Peace, bro.

You know that they don't actually make the fertilizers from Petroleum right? That pernicious misstatement arose from people trying to argue that using synthetic fertilizers increases domestic petroleum consumption because of the processing factories and various other energy-intensive processes necessary to create the fertilizer. In no way does the plant food actually contain crude oil, that's just absurd.

--------------------

Offlinecoastalcalifornia
Organic Grower

Re: The organic myth. [Re: Harry_Ba11sach]
    #631490 - 07/12/12 05:02 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Premium Bali Kratom Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order