Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds UK
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineJeff Funk
 User Gallery

Botanicare vs. Flora Nova
    #443578 - 07/08/10 05:48 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

I was wondering which line of nutes you fellow growers out there prefer and why? I used Botanicare nutes for most of last year on my grows, and has just recently switched to Flora Nova due to the success and great talk about the line throughout the Grow Journal forum. I had really good results with Botanicare Cal-mag, Liquid Karma, Sweet, and Pure Blend Grow and Bloom... So far I'm seeing good results with Flora-Nova as well, but it's only been a week. After a visit to a new hydro shop in the area and talking with one of the owners and telling him I recently switched to Flora_Nova from Botanicare I could tell he really wasn't too fond of Flora-Nova. Saying "it's made out of a bunch of cheap shit, and is super thick and I should have stuck with Botanicare" I told him some of the grows I've seen using Flora, and he just said well General Hydroponics have n=been around forever and some people just swear by it but Flora-Nova is basically trash! He showed me a few other lines I should consider using, but as of now I'm not to into product jumping I like to find one that works and stick with it.
  So I was just wondering how many of you have made the switch to Flora Nova, or the switch from it and why?

--------------------
@Str8dankgenetics

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblemaryanne3087
Stranger
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Botanicare vs. Flora Nova [Re: Jeff Funk]
    #443738 - 07/08/10 08:41 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

My mate whom hooked me up with the House and Garden line up with all the additives as a sample said a 600w using HnG nutes as recommended will yield quite often as much or more than a 1000w light using a single part nutrient. I was browsing threads on icmag and saw someone saying the same thing about his personal experience with both lines and coincidentally he used HG on a 600w as directed and nothing but FloraNova and KoolBloom on a 1000w and had better yield under the 600w.

I've used Floranova outdoors as it's cheap, concentrated, and gets the job done. If I used it now on my indoor plants I'd try to make a complete and balanced diet for my plants dependent on medium. Medium matters a lot when picking a lineup of nutrients.

Are you considering Floranova as a stand alone nutrient vs Botanicare's arsenal of nutrients?

OfflineJeff Funk
 User Gallery

Re: Botanicare vs. Flora Nova [Re: maryanne3087]
    #443772 - 07/08/10 09:54 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

Well I'm using Floranova with Kool Bloom dry and liquid, I'll also probably use som molasses as well.

--------------------
@Str8dankgenetics

Invisiblemaryanne3087
Stranger
Trusted Cultivator
    #443774 - 07/08/10 10:01 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

I'm going to be running the Flora 3part + Kool Bloom powder. I think the liquid Koolbloom is expensive maybe it's just the place I saw it for sale. I may side by side it vs the House and Garden stuff dont plan on using the HG stuff until I have a strong mother as I only have enough of it for a single run.

OfflineJeff Funk
 User Gallery

Re: Botanicare vs. Flora Nova [Re: maryanne3087]
    #443784 - 07/08/10 10:33 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

Right now I'm growing out my mothers(white widow and Kings kush) with the Floranova grow. Hopefully I'll be able to take clones from them at the end of the month and get my journal back up.

--------------------
@Str8dankgenetics

Invisiblemaryanne3087
Stranger
Trusted Cultivator
    #443817 - 07/08/10 11:05 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

One thing I noticed about the Floranova is that I liked the Floranova Grow a lot more for veg than I did the Floranova Bloom for flowering. I don't have much experience with hydroponic grade fertilizers as I prefer to keep things organic and grow outdoors but I found that the Floranova grow really makes plants take off. A friend who uses Floranova grow for veg then switches to other nutrients for flowering says he thinks it may be that there Humic acids in the Floranova that are lacking in many other nutrient formulations. Whatever it is I definitely think the grow works very well.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale