Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds UK
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisiblephychotronM
Medicated

Loc: Earth (mostly) Flag
Trusted Cultivator
TBT - My first Grow
    #771879 - 03/12/15 10:02 PM (9 years, 18 days ago)

Was going through my photos and found some of the first grow I did. Decided to toss it up here for nostalgia. Its been just over 4 years now since I popped my first seeds.

I don't remember the all the exact details but a few basics:

Soil, Roots Organic.
one Blackstar 240UV LED from ebay, $300.
Some 26w CFL's, one to three.

Some shitty bag seeds. These clay pots are definitely not recommended, shitty growth and hard to get out. They considerably smaller than the plastic pots.

Also where I learned not to let the cat be alone with the plants. She ate two of them when I turned my back for just a few seconds to adjust the blinds for better photos.

Got three clones from a friend, Super Lemon Haze and Jack Herer and suppose to be another strain, but it was one of the two listed, I can't remember which.

Bag seeds in the solo cups.

Got an Afghan Kush Ryder from my brother. Should not have planted in such a small container, as it stunted the growth to up-pot it and have to grow roots again while starting to flower

Light WAY too far away for that cheap LED

AKR

AKR Day 19

AKR later

Day 28

Not too shabby for a first grow

First clones I took of the Super Lemon Haze in the cups not sure what else in the others.

Lemon Haze

Not sure which, plant #2

Not sure which, plant #3

Wouldn't recommend using 2 Liter bottles either...

I think those bag seeds were mostly male or died from dropping or trying to transplant.

And that's where the photos stop. I ended up getting a little over 5ounces or so of not so dense flower, but still decent bud. So it was a bit expensive for the LED but it payed for itself in bud savings on the very first grow. I'd skip the cheap stuff if I had to start over again, but I'm still using the Blackstar to veg right now, so its not like it went to complete waste.

As a bonus heres photos of one of the early setup about a year later. With better lights, but still not ideally set up. Some more Blackstar LED's, My first Advanced LED DS400, a T5 and another LED my brother gave me.

Overgrown in the tent, I had a tall blueberry sativa that I should have toned back but my brother gave it to me and I just stuck it in flower. The 2 Chemdawg stretched a lot and the tent was ditched.

Blueberry in front 5 gallon smart pot, 2 chemdawg Inline with that in the autopots on the ground. I'm not sure what those 2 on the right are.  Probably BubbleGum. Same with those on the shelf and tubs on the left. Possibly Afgoo in there too.

Got the tall ones out and not sure what's all growing. Think maybe Afgoo was added. 

Chemdawg at harvest, did 8 oz but WAY too tall. Dense bud all the way down though.

Afgoo, too bad she has powder mildew and then my buddy completely lost it. She was a sweet one.

Compared to what I'm doing now, grapegod day 30

--------------------
Any help given is for educational purposes only. Its your responsibility not to break any applicable laws
Bamboo Bongs I make | Perfect Dry and Cure | Grapegod under LED
“Human beings, vegetables, or cosmic dust, we all dance to a mysterious tune intoned in the distance by an invisible player.” ~ Albert Einstein

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisiblephychotronM
Medicated

Trusted Cultivator
Re: TBT - My first Grow [Re: phychotron]
    #771906 - 03/13/15 07:13 AM (9 years, 17 days ago)

SO ghetto. I'm looking at this photo and if you notice my bed standing upright. I didn't even hesitate to flip that bitch on end when I needed the space.

And to do that I had move my veg tent into my living room to not disturb the light cycle (cheap tent leaked all kinds of light through the zippers)..

What do you notice next to it? Thats my couch standing on end to make it fit.

I have no idea where the hell I slept, but sometimes you gotta do some extreme things to keep your plants going.

Gonna go out on a limb here and say this is probably the time that I learned that planning is essential.

--------------------
Any help given is for educational purposes only. Its your responsibility not to break any applicable laws
“Human beings, vegetables, or cosmic dust, we all dance to a mysterious tune intoned in the distance by an invisible player.” ~ Albert Einstein

OfflineBluntguY 207
That Guy
 User Gallery

Loc: North East Coast Flag
    #771922 - 03/13/15 09:15 AM (9 years, 17 days ago)

Wow. I remember my first grow too.  Made it work... planning is essential.  :billymaythumbup:

--------------------
"Self sufficient medical marijuana patient"

"I should be sponsered by Swisher Sweets":gethigh:

InvisiblephychotronM
Medicated

Trusted Cultivator
Re: TBT - My first Grow [Re: BluntguY 207]
    #771948 - 03/13/15 01:14 PM (9 years, 17 days ago)

Its been fun thinking about all the stuff that's come up. All the different styles I've tried. From autopots to blumats to now a pump and manifold system on a recycle timer. All water automatically but this way is the easiest to set up and operate. The Autopots and Blumats are passive hydro, gravity fed so the tank had to be a foot or more above the soil line--a real pain in the ass sometimes, especially when the cat knocks it over.

I just sold those Auto pots to a friend for his second grow but first real attempt. He has 4 of my grape god in coco/perlite coming down tonight or tomorrow. I'll try and get some photos of if I go over there. Last I checked they were looking really good compared to the one he's hand watering. Got the airdomes hooked up to the rootzone pumping air into the pot just above the water line the whole time.

I got sick of adjusting the valves and setting up the manifold and the tank. They're a good system though if you don't mind keeping an eye on them for valve clogs. The Chemdawg above is in the Autopot. I'd like to see what I could do with them with today's knowledge and formula on the Grapegod I've been dialing in my garden with, but they're gone and I'll have to see what my buddy can do with them.

--------------------

Offlinecgsjames
I like little kids

#773443 - 03/24/15 11:07 AM (9 years, 6 days ago)

Did the bag seed end up flowering?

--------------------
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://[url=http://files.growery.org/files/g13-50/677457884-myfiles][/ur

InvisiblephychotronM
Medicated

Trusted Cultivator
Re: TBT - My first Grow [Re: cgsjames]
    #773490 - 03/24/15 06:38 PM (9 years, 6 days ago)

If I recall there ended up being like 2 bagseeds that flowered. Got maybe an 8th between the two, shitty bud.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies