Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   North Spore Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Invisiblethoughts
Stranger

Chamomile tea has great health benefits and and reacts well with psychs! * 2
    #765339 - 01/13/15 05:35 PM (9 years, 2 months ago)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chamomile
Quote:

Pharmacology[edit]
Major chemical compounds present within chamomile include apigenin and alpha-bisabolol.[2][7] Other compounds in chamomile include: sesquiterpenes, terpenoids, flavonoids, coumarins such as herniarin and umbelliferone, phenylpropanoids such as chlorogenic acid and caffeic acid, flavones such as apigenin and luteolin, flavanols such as quercetin and rutin, and polyacetylenes.[2][9] Apigenin has demonstrated chemopreventive effects against cancer cells in the laboratory,[14] and alpha-bisabolol has been shown to have antiseptic properties, anti-inflammatory properties, and reduces pepsin secretion without altering secretion of stomach acid.[9]

Anticancer effect – Recent studies had shown that chamomile extracts have growth inhibitory on cancer cells in skin, prostate, breast, ovarian, prostate cancer with minimal effects on normal cells.[2]

Anticoagulant effect – Coumarin compounds in chamomile such as herniarin and umbelliferone may have blood-thinning properties. However the mechanism is not well understood.[15]

Antiinflammatory effect – Several chemical constituents of chamomile such as bisabolol, chamazulene, apigenin, loteolin possess anti-inflammatory properties although exact mechanism is not well characterized.[2]

Antimicrobial effects – Chamazulene, alpha-bisabolol, flavonoids, and umbelliferone have antifungal activities. A number of in vitro studies showed chamomile’s antimycobacteria acivity, inhibition of the growth of poliovirus and herpes virus,[16] blockage of aggregation of Helicobacter pylori and numerous strains of Escherichia coli. Chamomile oil was demonstrated in studies to be effective against gram-positive bacteria such as Staphylococcus aureus, Streptococcus mutans, Streptococcus salivarius, and Bacillus species.[17]

Antispasmodic/antidiarrheal effects – Bisabolol and flavonoids have demonstrated antispasmodic effects in animal experiments. In human studies, chamomile tea in combination with other herbs (vervain, licorice, fennel, balm mint) was shown to be effective in treating colic in children. Flavonoids and coumarins are considered smooth muscle relaxants.[2][18]

CNS/sensory effects - Chemical compounds present within chamomile bind to GABA receptors, modulate monoamine neurotransmission, and have neuroendocrine effects.[7]

https://www.dmt-nexus.me/forum/default.aspx?g=posts&m=148246
Quote:

Several flavonoids found in chamomile, the most notable being quercetin, are inhibitors of Cytochrome P450 enzymes, including CYP3A4. CYP3A4 is vital to the metabolism of entheogenic tryptamines, thus a potentiating and/or a lengthened duration of effects is to be assumed.

I drank 3 or 4 cups of chamomile tea throughout a 1 tab lsd trip along with a few bowls of a hybrid OG and an orange and had the smoothest, clearest trip of my life!

Helped a lot with vasoconstriction too. I highly, highly recommend it!

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibledrawde
Re: Chamomile tea has great health benefits and and reacts well with psychs! [Re: thoughts]
    #765341 - 01/13/15 05:50 PM (9 years, 2 months ago)

I drink chamomile tea all the time!
We have an abundance of it in our garden.
It's so much better than any tea or loose leaf I have gotten from the store.
You got me wanting a cup!

--------------------
King Koopa said:
The amount of pot that Gask smokes is equivalent to a guy shooting heroin on weekends

OfflineSham87
マリオ
Male

Re: Chamomile tea has great health benefits and and reacts well with psychs! [Re: drawde]
    #765355 - 01/13/15 06:39 PM (9 years, 2 months ago)

damn thanks for posting this! I might try this out this weekend.

--------------------
...once in a while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right...

Invisibledrawde
Re: Chamomile tea has great health benefits and and reacts well with psychs! [Re: Sham87]
    #765356 - 01/13/15 06:40 PM (9 years, 2 months ago)

If I'm feeling a bit edgy or anxious it really helps to calm the nerves.

--------------------
King Koopa said:
The amount of pot that Gask smokes is equivalent to a guy shooting heroin on weekends

OfflineSham87
マリオ
Male

Re: Chamomile tea has great health benefits and and reacts well with psychs! [Re: drawde]
    #765360 - 01/13/15 06:51 PM (9 years, 2 months ago)

Yea, it's also great for sleeping.

--------------------
...once in a while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right...

InvisibleP-O

Re: Chamomile tea has great health benefits and and reacts well with psychs! [Re: Sham87]
    #765362 - 01/13/15 07:04 PM (9 years, 2 months ago)

We got a tin of it here... never tried it. 

May have to brew a cup tonight :thumbup:

Invisiblethoughts
Stranger

#765383 - 01/13/15 08:03 PM (9 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

drawde said:
I drink chamomile tea all the time!
We have an abundance of it in our garden.
It's so much better than any tea or loose leaf I have gotten from the store.
You got me wanting a cup!

Ooo fresh chamomile tea straight from the garden sounds amazing!:drooling:

Quote:

Sham87 said:
damn thanks for posting this! I might try this out this weekend.

Yea man, it's great.

P-O, it has a really good sweet flavor, barely need any sugar.:thumbup:

--------------------

Invisibledrawde
Re: Chamomile tea has great health benefits and and reacts well with psychs! [Re: thoughts]
    #765391 - 01/13/15 08:11 PM (9 years, 2 months ago)

If you have anywhere you can grow some plants, you should try chamomile. It grows like a weed.

--------------------
King Koopa said:

InvisibleP-O

#765393 - 01/13/15 08:14 PM (9 years, 2 months ago)

you drink your homegrown?

thats cool

Invisibledrawde
Re: Chamomile tea has great health benefits and and reacts well with psychs! [Re: P-O]
    #765394 - 01/13/15 08:18 PM (9 years, 2 months ago)

I've got like a 2 litre jar full of dried chamomile buds from the garden

--------------------
King Koopa said:

Invisiblenannybooboo
 User Gallery
Re: Chamomile tea has great health benefits and and reacts well with psychs! [Re: P-O]
    #765396 - 01/13/15 08:30 PM (9 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

P-O said:
We got a tin of it here... never tried it. 

May have to brew a cup tonight :thumbup:

do eeeet! i usually add a slice of lemon to the tea for some reason.

chamomile and psychs reminds me of mangoes and ganja. :crazy2:

OfflineSham87
マリオ
Male

#765400 - 01/13/15 08:42 PM (9 years, 2 months ago)

You got some seeds to spare???

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   North Spore Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale