Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinewebster10

Re: Soiless mediums [Re: Magash]
    #757355 - 11/15/14 08:43 AM (9 years, 4 months ago)

I have a few babies from a friend but it is like a 100% indica strain. I'm going steady right now but I was really planning my setup around growing out your blueberry haze as my main strain. I like sativas better than indicas and it fits the kind of setup I wanted to run.

And I'm planning on having 7 "small" ones. I don't consider those plants in your haze log, "small" but they were flowered directly from rooting and that's what I was planning on doing

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinewebster10

Re: Soiless mediums [Re: webster10]
    #757358 - 11/15/14 08:51 AM (9 years, 4 months ago)

BTW captain, how much coco are you yielding from the 5kg cocotek bail?(in gallons if you know)

And magash, do you think I should just go full coco? That'd allow me to veg some and then transplant. But then again veg time might be unnecessary with your haze. I could probably convert my pump and res to a coco drip system if you think that'd be better. Or I could continue with my plan and if I'm not growing haze, veg them for however long I need to under the HPS. What do you think? I'm just gonna do whatever you think will be better :lol: :shrug:

Invisiblecaptain.koons
Failed Botanist
Trusted Cultivator
    #757364 - 11/15/14 09:49 AM (9 years, 4 months ago)

20+ gals.

I think I filled 16 x 2.5 gal pots with 2 bricks with some left over. So probably 22+ gals per brick.

Go full coco.

--------------------

TROLLS NEED LOVE TOO!

Offlinewebster10

Re: Soiless mediums [Re: captain.koons]
    #757368 - 11/15/14 09:57 AM (9 years, 4 months ago)

22 gallons :eek: Why the fuck did I ever buy FFOF?

Got any ideas for an automated coco system? I'm thinking ~7 medium sized plants.

Invisiblevinsue
GRAND OLD FART
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Garden State(NJ) Flag
    #757373 - 11/15/14 10:09 AM (9 years, 4 months ago)

I was just at my local hydroponic shop checking out what he has in stock. I'm thinking about coco, too...:goodmorning: . . . :peace:

--------------------
" One toke over the line...

Offlinewebster10

Re: Soiless mediums [Re: vinsue]
    #757376 - 11/15/14 10:15 AM (9 years, 4 months ago)

It seems like a good medium to grow in. It has a 22% air capacity even when fully saturated. From what I read, you just gotta nute and keep it moist and you should be able to pump out some good plants.

I do think that hydro systems could offer better growth rates. But if being able to veg longer would make my garden a lot better I'll just go with the coco.

InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #757378 - 11/15/14 10:28 AM (9 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

webster10 said:
BTW captain, how much coco are you yielding from the 5kg cocotek bail?(in gallons if you know)

And magash, do you think I should just go full coco? That'd allow me to veg some and then transplant. But then again veg time might be unnecessary with your haze. I could probably convert my pump and res to a coco drip system if you think that'd be better. Or I could continue with my plan and if I'm not growing haze, veg them for however long I need to under the HPS. What do you think? I'm just gonna do whatever you think will be better :lol: :shrug:

I think I go with Koons on this one. I'd go full coco (yeah I know that sounds funny cause I hate coco with a passion but like I said I have no good reason for hating it) You may like my strain but every strain gets old after a while. Going full one way or the other will give you the option to veg clones without having to make major changes to the system.

I'd go full hydro but I'm not just doing 7 plants so hand watering isn't a hassle for you. That and I'm running multiple strains so I need complete control over the nutrients of each strain and I want (not need this is a eccentric thing) to be able to make changes to their nutrients in seconds.:wexican:

:happyweed:

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

:growingweed: Join us at the Growery! :growingweed:

Invisiblevinsue
GRAND OLD FART
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Garden State(NJ) Flag
Re: Soiless mediums [Re: Magash] * 1
    #757388 - 11/15/14 10:53 AM (9 years, 4 months ago)

I'm starting off with just a couple plants, hand watering. I've just started reading up on hempy bucket tek. I probably have a week or 2 until my seeds arrive so I still have time to get my plan figured out. Just want to keep it simple. I feel like I'm over thinking this shit...:confused: . . .:peace:

--------------------
" One toke over the line...

InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Soiless mediums [Re: vinsue]
    #757392 - 11/15/14 11:04 AM (9 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

I feel like I'm over thinking this shit...:confused: . . .:peace:

You're just doing what everybody does and if you end up getting into this little hobby of ours it never stops.

Stoneth is the man to ask about hempy buckets.

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

Invisiblecaptain.koons
Failed Botanist
Trusted Cultivator
    #757394 - 11/15/14 11:08 AM (9 years, 4 months ago)

I remembered wanting to try everything.

Here's the thing, you stick to one nutrient line, the same plant and you're going to succeed.

You use many nutrient lines, many different plants... well you better know what you're doing.

--------------------

TROLLS NEED LOVE TOO!

Offlinewebster10

#757398 - 11/15/14 11:37 AM (9 years, 4 months ago)

Anyone have any ideas on how to make an automated coco ebb and flow for about 7 plants?

InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #757400 - 11/15/14 11:47 AM (9 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

webster10 said:
Anyone have any ideas on how to make an automated coco ebb and flow for about 7 plants?

You don't want to go with ebb and flow with coco. Look up drip systems.

--------------------

OfflineGoonerHeClips
Stranger

#757403 - 11/15/14 11:50 AM (9 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

webster10 said:

I think the ebb and flow probably works better for the clay pellets.  The runoff from the coco tends to be all over the place in terms of both solids, and pH.  You can also use the pellets with an aquarium pump and airstones constantly aerating your reservoir.  Works like a charm, replace the nutes every week and easy to live with too.  You could also set it up as ebb and flow from the get go or modify later.

Invisiblecaptain.koons
Failed Botanist
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Soiless mediums [Re: GoonerHeClips]
    #757407 - 11/15/14 12:00 PM (9 years, 4 months ago)

I do coco ebb and flow.

Wanna fight about it Magash? :wink:

--------------------

TROLLS NEED LOVE TOO!

InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #757416 - 11/15/14 12:34 PM (9 years, 4 months ago)

Nah, I admit coco isn't my subject. You know I really have no reason why I hate the stuff. When I used it everything turned out great. Kinda like when you meet somebody and can't stand them and just don't know why but that person rubs you the wrong way like a cheese grader on the ass. :shrug:

--------------------

Offlinewebster10

#757418 - 11/15/14 12:49 PM (9 years, 4 months ago)

I could see how a fully automated hydro system would be preferable when dialed in. But in my situation I'd have to eliminate the chance for veg unless I go full hydro. I'd rather just go with coco, hand water my veg room and set up a drip system in coco. Do you think I could set up a drip system but drain it back into the res? Or is this not advisable with coco for some reason?

InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #757424 - 11/15/14 01:06 PM (9 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

webster10 said:
I could see how a fully automated hydro system would be preferable when dialed in. But in my situation I'd have to eliminate the chance for veg unless I go full hydro. I'd rather just go with coco, hand water my veg room and set up a drip system in coco. Do you think I could set up a drip system but drain it back into the res? Or is this not advisable with coco for some reason?

Hey I'm down with ya. You've done your work and are headed in the right direction.

By the way the strains Heavy Duty Fruity, trainwreck, lavender, OG Kush (Reserva Privada version) all have a pretty similar growth pattern to the Blueberry Haze in case you wanted to practice first.

--------------------

Invisiblecaptain.koons
Failed Botanist
Trusted Cultivator
    #757456 - 11/15/14 02:54 PM (9 years, 4 months ago)

Magash, drip is popular for coco hydroponics. More so than ebb and flow for sure. Ebb and flow is the same damn thing really when it comes down to it. I could see marginally better results if your nutrients aren't dialed in as it's not recirculating in the case of drip to waste.

I think the popularity is due to people having issues with coco, not flooding long enough to help saturate the top of the coco and also using too high of an EC, so when it evaporates it causes higher EC in the medium.

Ebb and flow requires pH/EC readings, preferably daily, but not necessary by any means.

--------------------

TROLLS NEED LOVE TOO!

Invisiblecaptain.koons
Failed Botanist
Trusted Cultivator
    #757457 - 11/15/14 02:56 PM (9 years, 4 months ago)

I wonder how bottom fed peat would turn out.

--------------------

TROLLS NEED LOVE TOO!

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies