Home | Community | Message Board

High Mountain Gold Compost
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinecheezymold
That Guy

1:1 CBD strains * 1
    #753043 - 10/14/14 04:15 PM (9 years, 5 months ago)

Hey everybody.

I am extremely interested in growing a high CBD strain.  It seems like a 1:1 ratio CBD/THC would be the way to go. A lot of reviews that I read online are mixed, so I wanted to see if anybody has any real experience with them.  Many people complain about CBD strains not getting them high.  This aspect is not a problem for me.

The purpose is for pain relief during the day.  I attend college during the days, so I can't focus if I go to class blasted out of my mind.  It is likely that this strain will not get smoked.  Instead I would like to use it for extracts and edibles. An 8-9 week strain would be ideal.

Also, has anybody had any experiences with extracts on a 1:1 bud?  From what I understand, the CBD is pulled with the solvent just like THC.  Is there any way to further refine this to be just CBD?  I want the THC in the stuff I use, but I have a friend that has about 5-10 severe seizures a day and I wanted to see if it would help her.  She is super conservative and has expressed that she does not want to be high.  If this can be done and is effective, I will probably invest a little more time and resources to grow something more suitable for her.

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinewebster10

Re: 1:1 CBD strains [Re: cheezymold] * 1
    #753132 - 10/15/14 05:38 AM (9 years, 5 months ago)

Barney's farm CBD blueshark grew great until it got mold and started to reveg during flower due to me being an absolute moron. I think if you choose to grow it ans put it under decent conditions it will flourish.

Offlinecannabis_seeds
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: 1:1 CBD strains [Re: webster10] * 1
    #753143 - 10/15/14 08:17 AM (9 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

webster10 said:
Barney's farm CBD blueshark grew great until it got mold and started to reveg during flower due to me being an absolute moron. I think if you choose to grow it ans put it under decent conditions it will flourish.

High CBD strains seem to be pretty fussy & nutrient sensitive. I'd expect them to be a little different than traditional ones for the most part. 

~~sherry

--------------------
Cannabis Seeds| Delivered discreetly WORLD WIDE!

Cannabis seeds | Buy Marijuana Seeds from the #1 UK Online Store

Follow us on twitter for special offers on premium beans.

Check our Gorilla Seeds Blog for the latest news.

Offlinewebster10

Re: 1:1 CBD strains [Re: cannabis_seeds] * 1
    #753155 - 10/15/14 09:55 AM (9 years, 5 months ago)

Idk, I was using FF grow big at 3.5tsp/gal feeding it every 4 days in soil. It was doing pretty well until it got bud rot :sad:.

You know much more than me about strains and such though. Happy growing.

Offlinecheezymold
That Guy

#753172 - 10/15/14 11:23 AM (9 years, 5 months ago)

I read that this is a pretty popular strain.  Mold might be an issue for me though.  Any experience with the medicinal use?  It seems like they have excellent medicinal properties.  It is kind of exciting to see breeders taking an interest in CBD.

Offlinewebster10

Re: 1:1 CBD strains [Re: cheezymold] * 1
    #753204 - 10/15/14 12:42 PM (9 years, 5 months ago)

I cut early with about 4 weeks into flower. The buds were getting huge and I can only imagine what they would've looked like had they gone 4 or 5 more weeks. I dried it all, broke it all up by hand, baked it all into coconut oil. It is strong enough to where I can fill a gel cap and it is enough to ease pain and feel medicated. I rarely get actually high though unless I take 4 or 5 gel caps.

InvisibleDeadkndys420
 User Gallery

Loc: █████
Trusted Cultivator
    #753222 - 10/15/14 01:31 PM (9 years, 5 months ago)

I am currently growing out CBD crews Shark Shock which is also 1:1. I plan on making salves out of most of the buds. I should be harvesting around mid-end of November.

Offlinecheezymold
That Guy

#753224 - 10/15/14 01:39 PM (9 years, 5 months ago)

Lol that is actually how I had planned to use mine.  Make some Rick Simpson oil with it and dissolve into coconut oil.  Is CBD stronger when ingested like THC is?  Also, do you feel impaired when you medicate on it?  I want to be able to safely operate a vehicle, as well as I need to have steady hands.  I will be working with chemicals frequently starting next semester, so safety is an absolute must for me.  The lab is pretty cold, which agitates my nerve pain, but I refuse to take any more SSRI or benzo for my symptoms.

Offlinecheezymold
That Guy

Re: 1:1 CBD strains [Re: Deadkndys420] * 1
    #753225 - 10/15/14 01:40 PM (9 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Deadkndys420 said:
I am currently growing out CBD crews Shark Shock which is also 1:1. I plan on making salves out of most of the buds. I should be harvesting around mid-end of November.

Very nice.  I would love to see your results from this!

Offlinecannabis_seeds
Stranger
 User Gallery

#753492 - 10/16/14 01:59 PM (9 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

webster10 said:
Idk, I was using FF grow big at 3.5tsp/gal feeding it every 4 days in soil. It was doing pretty well until it got bud rot :sad:.

You know much more than me about strains and such though. Happy growing.

The one I was talking about was CBD Crew, so maybe that one's more tolerant.

And, it was the FF Tiger Bloom with a little of the solubles that burnt it all the way to the bud tips.

I think I have Barney's scheduled to be added to our site soon - nice to know it was a good yielder.

Sorry about the bud rot - that always sucks.

~~sherry

--------------------
Cannabis Seeds| Delivered discreetly WORLD WIDE!

Cannabis seeds | Buy Marijuana Seeds from the #1 UK Online Store

Follow us on twitter for special offers on premium beans.

Check our Gorilla Seeds Blog for the latest news.

OfflineGreg Green
Author

Re: 1:1 CBD strains [Re: cannabis_seeds] * 1
    #756585 - 11/09/14 12:40 PM (9 years, 4 months ago)

High CBD are medical strains and extremely popular.

As of yet there is a limited amount of high CBD to THC.

See PROJECTCBD for more details.

You can get CBD from hemp plants. This is how it was done in the past. However due to decriminalization regular cannabis plants produce much more CBD than hemp, but you also have THC.

So you need to do subcritical fluid extraction to remove the CBD from the THC or you will be getting the benefits ( :smile: ) of THC as well.

Hemp produces low amounts of THC and its easier to acquire CBD from hemp because of that... unless you have your subcritical setup going.

--------------------
Author of The Cannabis Grow Bible

Invisiblevinsue
GRAND OLD FART
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Garden State(NJ) Flag
Re: 1:1 CBD strains [Re: Deadkndys420] * 1
    #761114 - 12/09/14 05:13 PM (9 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Deadkndys420 said:

How's the harvest?
:drugnerd: . . . :peace:

--------------------
" One toke over the line...

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds