Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds UK
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleMR.HEADY
PorchMonkey
 User Gallery

Loc: Toothless acres . West Vi...
Re: highest thc strain [Re: Harry_Ba11sach] * 1
    #541623 - 03/30/11 10:21 AM (13 years, 23 days ago)

the highest thc level doesnt mean the best smoke by any means. it takes more than thc you have to account for the cbc level as well. I have grown out vortex by subcool which boast a thc level of 18 %.While very good the high isnt as good as a indica with less thc.  It has a lot to do with personel preference as well. If you are looking for a narcotic like effect try some kush such as a cut of og or abusive.

--------------------
[quote]FarBeyondDriven said:
Anybody ever tell you you're the result of a broken prophylactic in the back seat of a 74 Mercury?[/quote]

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinethe man

Re: highest thc strain [Re: maryanne3087] * 1
    #541657 - 03/30/11 12:28 PM (13 years, 23 days ago)

Quote:

maryanne3087 said:
One must also wonder, how many of the reports are honest and what standards of testing are there?

For the record, all the testing that I've seen claims to be THC%/overall dry weight of a sample not THC%/resin

do you assume so? dry weight of extract sample maybe? cause they extract the resin so they can run it. most tests are done this way and give % cannabinoids of each. from methods ive seen.
also it would be easy to fudge results selecting certain parts of the plant if they indeed used dry weight of plant. but most dont and ones that do come out MAX ~10-15%. Like harry said if you just think about what comes out of extraction there is a huge disconnect.

"Based on actual laboratory generated data, the average percentage of THC in samples of seized marijuana in the period from 1985-2005 rose from approximately 3.5 to 8.1 percent (National Drug Threat Assessment 2007)."
"We collect a representative sample of the volume to be certified (~ 1g/ .25 pound), isolate the resin and put the sample through a rigorous lab testing process" medical MJ testing in montana

"The THC content varies in the different parts of the plant: from 10-12 per cent in flowers..." 2009 UNODC

InvisibleHarry_Ba11sachM
cannoisseur
 User Gallery

Loc: Nepal Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: highest thc strain [Re: the man] * 1
    #541664 - 03/30/11 12:48 PM (13 years, 23 days ago)

Quote:

the man said:
Quote:

maryanne3087 said:
One must also wonder, how many of the reports are honest and what standards of testing are there?

For the record, all the testing that I've seen claims to be THC%/overall dry weight of a sample not THC%/resin

do you assume so? dry weight of extract sample maybe? cause they extract the resin so they can run it. most tests are done this way and give % cannabinoids of each. from methods ive seen.
also it would be easy to fudge results selecting certain parts of the plant if they indeed used dry weight of plant. but most dont and ones that do come out MAX ~10-15%. Like harry said if you just think about what comes out of extraction there is a huge disconnect.

"Based on actual laboratory generated data, the average percentage of THC in samples of seized marijuana in the period from 1985-2005 rose from approximately 3.5 to 8.1 percent (National Drug Threat Assessment 2007)."
"We collect a representative sample of the volume to be certified (~ 1g/ .25 pound), isolate the resin and put the sample through a rigorous lab testing process" medical MJ testing in montana

"The THC content varies in the different parts of the plant: from 10-12 per cent in flowers..." 2009 UNODC

Wow that's fucking retarded. 1g = .25lbs?  Did those morons even graduate elementary school?

--------------------

InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #541695 - 03/30/11 01:38 PM (13 years, 23 days ago)

Ok guys it's this simple, if you don't get it tested yourself then it's generally bullshit. Simple as that. :potleaf:

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

:growingweed: Join us at the Growery! :growingweed:

Offlinethe man

Re: highest thc strain [Re: Magash] * 1
    #541925 - 03/31/11 12:46 PM (13 years, 22 days ago)

here is a article i actually stumbled upon searching about CBD.

http://ukcia.org/wordpress/?p=50

InvisibleLSD
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: highest thc strain [Re: the man] * 1
    #542235 - 04/01/11 07:00 PM (13 years, 21 days ago)

magash in your experiences over years which strains you think has the highest thc or let say the most potent?

InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: highest thc strain [Re: LSD] * 1
    #542356 - 04/02/11 01:56 AM (13 years, 20 days ago)

You know it's a good question but has to many variables. The strains that I have enjoyed the most to smoke have been Granddaddy Purple, Purple Kush, Mikado, Blockhead, Sweet Tooth #3, and a few of my own strains mainly cause I make those according to what I like. :wink:

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

:growingweed: Join us at the Growery! :growingweed:

OfflineShotgun
45 goin
Male User Gallery

Loc: Washington State
    #542361 - 04/02/11 03:47 AM (13 years, 20 days ago)

Ok thanks bro. As soon as i get a camera, i will start a thread on it. I'm just starting to figure this awesome sight out

OfflineEleutherios

#545356 - 04/11/11 05:22 PM (13 years, 11 days ago)

Quote:

Harry_Ba11sach said:
Well Satori from Mandala technically holds the world record, but take that for what it's worth. :shrug:

I do hear it's a surprisingly potent strain however.

THC ain't everything, but Satori is great IF you have a good pheno. There are some shit ones in there too. The Point of No Return which is a (Columbian Haze x Satori)Satori cross. He released a beta version through his site. I lucked out and found one in a free mix pack. It has notes of the Satori but is better imo. Satori is good peace maker smoke. It has great anti anxiety and anti depressive qualities.

--------------------

OfflineEleutherios

Re: highest thc strain [Re: Magash] * 1
    #545358 - 04/11/11 05:24 PM (13 years, 11 days ago)

Quote:

Magash said:
You know it's a good question but has to many variables. The strains that I have enjoyed the most to smoke have been Granddaddy Purple, Purple Kush, Mikado, Blockhead, Sweet Tooth #3, and a few of my own strains mainly cause I make those according to what I like. :wink:

That makes me even more excited about my Sweetest Cindy 99 that's a month in. Sweet Tooth #3 x Cindy99. Fucking bud factory. Great complex smell too.

--------------------

OfflineDoc
stoner
 User Gallery

Loc: New Caledonia
Re: highest thc strain [Re: LSD] * 1
    #547951 - 04/18/11 08:02 PM (13 years, 4 days ago)

Quote:

LSD said:
I'm not expert but I think the best is to choose landrace seeds
I live in Turkey, the landrace plant grows in here has thc around 1 2 % I think because the buds are very small.
But for example I went to Iran many times and each time I tried to smoke I can't even smoke correctly they bring cough badly also they are narc, after one two hits it's like you smoked morphin with a lot of psy experience.
Went to india, their weed sucks it smells like curry, I don't know where exactly they say about south india weed but it's worst than here.
Pakistan, Brazil, Thailand and African
but finding good landrace seeds is hard, because even if you go to those countries you may not find the landrace. but for example Seedsman or World of Seeds labels have many strains with reasonable prices. I just tried 2, 3 strain from them and 2, 3 still growing and seems good.

I think your right in what you say about landraces. I don't think we have really made marijuana all that much better its just that my parents and my friends parents in the 70s were smoking absolute crap! In the '70s you were a very lucky hippie if you had connections to some actual good weed. Why do you think all that Acapulco gold and Thai stick and Colombian weed were so popular? Because the guys who were bringing it in were seeking out GOOD weed cause they knew people wanted it compared to the shit that people were smoking a decade earlier. A lot of us have seen blow and the beginning of that movie pretty much sums it up in a stupid Hollywood way.

Now we're just at the point that there's such a flood of good genetics that breeders have to go around claiming ridiculous THC levels.
The potential for such potent weed has always been there and we humans haven't increased it we've just selected the best of the best.
I'm sure there was some little skinny brown dude in India who meditated all day and grew some of the dankest buds on planet earth hundreds of years ago. Now we used his strain to make Kush or some bullshit like that. Who knows man I'm just making all this up as I go along anyways.

--------------------
No one is free when others are oppressed

OfflineShotgun
45 goin
Male User Gallery

Loc: Washington State
    #548545 - 04/20/11 08:23 AM (13 years, 2 days ago)

Quote:

Harry_Ba11sach said:
Quote:

the man said:
Quote:

maryanne3087 said:

Wow that's fucking retarded. 1g = .25lbs?  Did those morons even graduate elementary school?

I'm pretty sure they said one gram per qp

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals