Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   THCeeds Marijuana Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleLSD
Stranger
 User Gallery

highest thc strain * 1
    #538661 - 03/21/11 10:09 AM (13 years, 11 days ago)

I'm sure this maybe seems as faq but I'm wondering:
in the todays market with a lot labels and strain which label and strain has the highest thc? I didn't see personaly more than 22 on their packages. I think specially people visited amsterdam should know about this

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineRasJeph
Psycho Pete
Male

Loc: Bumfuckt Egypt
Re: highest thc strain [Re: LSD] * 1
    #538663 - 03/21/11 10:15 AM (13 years, 11 days ago)

Anyone can claim anything, and plants differ by the seed.

I'm not sure, but it seems even a clone wouldn't have identical THC levels unless grown EXACTLY like the mother.

I wouldn't pay much attention to the THC levels they tell you. :shrug:

--------------------
Of course it's happening inside your head.
Why should that mean it isn't real?

InvisibleHarry_Ba11sachM
cannoisseur
 User Gallery

Loc: Nepal Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: highest thc strain [Re: RasJeph] * 1
    #538665 - 03/21/11 10:19 AM (13 years, 11 days ago)

Well Satori from Mandala technically holds the world record, but take that for what it's worth. :shrug:

I do hear it's a surprisingly potent strain however.

--------------------

InvisibleLSD
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: highest thc strain [Re: RasJeph] * 1
    #538668 - 03/21/11 10:28 AM (13 years, 11 days ago)

Quote:

RasJeph said:
Anyone can claim anything, and plants differ by the seed.
I'm not sure, but it seems even a clone wouldn't have identical THC levels unless grown EXACTLY like the mother.
I wouldn't pay much attention to the THC levels they tell you. :shrug:

I know but i found most of the labels and strain is not very good, so I wanted to know which may be morepotent
Quote:

Harry_Ba11sach said:
Well Satori from Mandala technically holds the world record, but take that for what it's worth. :shrug:
I do hear it's a surprisingly potent strain however.

thanks very much I will definately try it

InvisibleLSD
Stranger
 User Gallery

#538686 - 03/21/11 11:48 AM (13 years, 11 days ago)

let me ask it this way:
what was the most potent strain you grew? (brand + strain)
for example mine was
Iranian landrace (even it was random seeds it gave me so much strong yield)
dutch passion blueberry
seedsman hawaiian skunk (even better than mr nice seeds which are so much more expensive)
I don't understand sometimes even with more crystals became low potent but also the opposite
I had a strain with very few resin but it was very powerful
so I'm looking to your experiences introducing me me some killer strains

OfflineDephect

Folding@home Statistics
    #538689 - 03/21/11 11:52 AM (13 years, 11 days ago)

I don't know whats the highest right now.

Cannatonic from Resin seeds is at 25%. I have a grower/smoker friend who tripped over to Amsterdam at one point and could not stop talking about how good this strain was and how fucking ripped he got.

Personally I would look at some breeders THC content. It not always a exact amount. Some will give you 15%-20% but the highest I have seen that didn't look like a scam are in the upper 20%'s. 

Also I feel that with most THC content its not a guarantee, because you probably might not grow it the same way the breeder did.

Offlinethe man

Re: highest thc strain [Re: Dephect] * 1
    #538789 - 03/21/11 06:29 PM (13 years, 10 days ago)

cannatonic is suppost to have very high cbd no?

herijuana is suppost to have 27% thc

but % thc usually doesnt mean a whole lot esp if just gives THC% and not CBD as that would give you an idea of the "high" at least. its NOT how much THC per gram of buds you have it just (the majority of the time) tells you that out of the extracted resins thc is present in that amount. Very few people qoute THC% in THC mass/dry material mass.

basically make a high quality hash and thats what they test. So i suspect that breeders chop down early while the trichs have a higher THC and lower other Cannabinoid content to get an artificially high thc %.

Thought exp time:

Think high potency extraction methods produce around 10% yield even being generous and saying 15% that amount of high grade hash is not 100% THC and usually along the lines of 40 50% THC maximum (from dispensary quotes). So for 100 grams you may be able to get 7 grams of THC which 7% THC content. obviously you dont get 100% extracted but pretty close. That number is more along the lines of the numbers you used to read 10-15 years ago before everyone was doing it to hype strains.  think one gram would have 220 mgs of THC, marinol ORAL doses start at 5-10 mg of thc. in theory a person with a strong tollerance should be able to get very very high at least 8-10 times on a gram of weed smoked. Which obviously is not the case.

InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: highest thc strain [Re: the man] * 1
    #539135 - 03/23/11 05:45 AM (13 years, 9 days ago)

To be honest there is no most potent strain. Cuttings from the same plant can seem completely different from each other when different growers get a hold of them.

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

:growingweed: Join us at the Growery! :growingweed:

InvisibleLSD
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: highest thc strain [Re: Magash] * 1
    #539206 - 03/23/11 11:10 AM (13 years, 9 days ago)

thanks magash
but from your experiences which strain has the potantiel to be very strong plant?
landrace strains or some strains from good labels? for example most of the dutch passion seeds are very powerful from the thc level
I bought about 50 seeds but didn't find any of them as strong as the landrace I bring with myself from iran
they say white widow or ... but growed from 3 other label none of them was killer only smooth like 20 30 minutes just it gets big
thats why I ask this question
regards

OfflineCannasaurus
Pollen Chucker

Loc: Colorado Flag
    #539904 - 03/25/11 02:29 AM (13 years, 7 days ago)

Every plant will be different. There is a dispensary down the road claiming their Blue Dream clone TESTS at 24% THC.

--------------------
"Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius -- and a lot of courage -- to move in the opposite direction."
-Albert Einstein

OfflineShotgun
45 goin
Male User Gallery

Loc: Washington State
    #540890 - 03/28/11 04:35 AM (13 years, 4 days ago)

The highest strain I know of is Medijuana. 25%. I have recently gotten my medical marijuana licence and then got my hands on some clones of them... I am building my own hydro system. Its sorta a mix between A drip system and an ebb and flow. I Should have it done tomorrow. then i am gettin a 1000W. MH. But im worried about it being too strong for the little ones. I have never done this before. any advice?

InvisibleHarry_Ba11sachM
cannoisseur
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: highest thc strain [Re: Shotgun] * 1
    #540934 - 03/28/11 09:51 AM (13 years, 4 days ago)

My advice; Make your own thread with all the details of your system (if you've never done this and you're building a custom hybrid system, I'm guessing something is going to go wrong).  And then we can give you feedback.

--------------------

OfflineTank333
Psychotic Hippie
Male User Gallery

Loc: Washington
Re: highest thc strain [Re: Shotgun] * 1
    #540947 - 03/28/11 11:01 AM (13 years, 4 days ago)

make sure you take pics and post em, too. When you described it to me last night, I didn't quite understand what you were saying...

--------------------
My best run so far

Offlinejuslikejesus
Your Name Is My Name Too
Male

Loc: Pennsylvania
Re: highest thc strain [Re: Tank333] * 1
    #541313 - 03/29/11 03:39 PM (13 years, 2 days ago)

http://www.cannabis-seeds-bank.co.uk/barneys-farm-tangerine-dream-feminized/prod_2838.html

Claims minimum of 25%

MINIMUM others say 25, I actually trust this company in other places they said 25 and they said less but they never said minimum and here they have.

--------------------
When answering a question I ask, feel free to elaborate, feel free to direct me to other threads and or internet resources. I WANT to hear good information, try to make it so I don't have to answer anymore questions. I've read a lot if I ask a question it's because I want to here more.

Offlinethe man

Re: highest thc strain [Re: juslikejesus] * 1
    #541320 - 03/29/11 03:46 PM (13 years, 2 days ago)

but the % they give dont mean anything really....

Invisiblemaryanne3087
Stranger

Trusted Cultivator
    #541366 - 03/29/11 05:23 PM (13 years, 2 days ago)

THC % doesn't mean that much. Different strains will spin peoples wheels differently. I'm very comfortable smoking pure sativas all day but when I smoke something like Sensi Star in excess I usually get very sluggish and uncomfortable rather than wanting to take a nap.

InvisibleLSD
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: highest thc strain [Re: maryanne3087] * 1
    #541470 - 03/29/11 10:19 PM (13 years, 2 days ago)

but anyway I think the % is important when you want to pay for the seeds and grow it for months.
I grew some strains which even with my best effective bong I can only feel buzz like the leafs for example purple widow
so I'mt tryin to find some strains with high thc to have a chance to collect killer plants

Invisiblemaryanne3087
Stranger

Trusted Cultivator
    #541549 - 03/30/11 02:52 AM (13 years, 2 days ago)

One must also wonder, how many of the reports are honest and what standards of testing are there?

For the record, all the testing that I've seen claims to be THC%/overall dry weight of a sample not THC%/resin

InvisibleLSD
Stranger
 User Gallery

#541551 - 03/30/11 03:14 AM (13 years, 2 days ago)

I'm not expert but I think the best is to choose landrace seeds
I live in Turkey, the landrace plant grows in here has thc around 1 2 % I think because the buds are very small.
But for example I went to Iran many times and each time I tried to smoke I can't even smoke correctly they bring cough badly also they are narc, after one two hits it's like you smoked morphin with a lot of psy experience.
Went to india, their weed sucks it smells like curry, I don't know where exactly they say about south india weed but it's worst than here.
Pakistan, Brazil, Thailand and African
but finding good landrace seeds is hard, because even if you go to those countries you may not find the landrace. but for example Seedsman or World of Seeds labels have many strains with reasonable prices. I just tried 2, 3 strain from them and 2, 3 still growing and seems good.

InvisibleHarry_Ba11sachM
cannoisseur
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #541607 - 03/30/11 09:01 AM (13 years, 2 days ago)

Quote:

maryanne3087 said:
One must also wonder, how many of the reports are honest and what standards of testing are there?

For the record, all the testing that I've seen claims to be THC%/overall dry weight of a sample not THC%/resin

That's what I've noticed too, and that's exactly what makes me think the claims are incredible bullshit. I have a hard time believing that even the most resin covered plants are anywhere near 1/4 resin by weight :nonono: . That just seems like such an incredible quantity that I just honestly can't believe it. Especially after doing hash runs and weighing the material before and after...

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   THCeeds Marijuana Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals