Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offline81renaissance
Coachella '13 KKOTY
Male

Loc: State of Mind Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: can you cross pollinate different strains of cannabis [Re: Magash]
    #449628 - 07/21/10 09:19 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Speaking of which, I'd LOVE to get my hands on some of those genetics my soon to be Spaniard friend.
Do you have an estimated availability yet?

--------------------
"So it goes."
-Kurt Vonnegut

BlueBerry_Swisher said:I want French fries. No, I want a penis French. Thank you. I'm so excited. I can not contain myself. Now I eat chocolate. It is so good. I'm trying to rub it all over myself. And then lick. Now I need a hot shower. The end.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: can you cross pollinate different strains of cannabis [Re: 81renaissance]
    #449645 - 07/21/10 10:08 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Had to cancel Spain for a bit do to cancer treatments I have coming up. Have a place here in Cali that has the plants for seed all started and the collecting of pollen from long tested pollen producers has started. Just getting hard to get my hands on STS nowadays. :potleaf:

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

:growingweed: Join us at the Growery! :growingweed:

Offlinethe man

#449729 - 07/22/10 12:22 AM (13 years, 7 months ago)

anyone ever find what strain that was in teh photo wodner if it was prety high thc. also what i find neat is that there is barely any pistils browning so still has some more time to frost up!!

OfflineCrusty Ass Bastard
Pheno Hunting

Folding@home Statistics
Trusted Cultivator
Re: can you cross pollinate different strains of cannabis [Re: the man]
    #449802 - 07/22/10 08:32 AM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

the man said:
anyone ever find what strain that was in teh photo wodner if it was prety high thc. also what i find neat is that there is barely any pistils browning so still has some more time to frost up!!

It was Northern Lights from Female Seeds.

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=127855

--------------------
|

Skunk Train (Most Recent) | G13 Haze (Completed) | G13 Haze (Completed) | G13 Haze (Completed)
Cinnibis Rolls | Indoor Peppers

"The secret of improved plant breeding, apart from scientific knowledge, is love." -Luther Burbank

Invisiblejuke adro
I hate fat vaginas
 User Gallery

Loc: Québec
Re: can you cross pollinate different strains of cannabis [Re: the man]
    #450370 - 07/23/10 09:34 AM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Lemi just smash this thread right off course but kinda not cause I cant be bothered posting anywhere else and since thread is already off course.......... Hashbean pulled 1lb BHO and turned it into rock hard budder (dry whipped BHO) off 5lbs bud, does this mean that the white widdow used was over 20% THC???? If so I now believe some of the talk on these strains and shit, so if a descriptions says it's a cross of this and that and has 25% THC Bla Bla Bla then it may be true?

--------------------

I eat animals and most things that live in the sea, I'm not green but I smoke it and I litter to keep cunts like you in a job so fuck off.

InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: can you cross pollinate different strains of cannabis [Re: juke adro]
    #451028 - 07/24/10 09:38 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

It means the contents of the entire crystal. There are tons of different chems in crystals. When they say 20% or 25% or whatever the fuck they mean 25% of the crystals content not weight. :wink:

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

Invisiblemaryanne3087
Stranger
Trusted Cultivator
    #451032 - 07/24/10 09:48 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

You think they take a single trichome (crystal?) for analytic chemistry?

I've read the reports the labs return to customers and it says that the results reflect the %'s of the dry weight (they also account for moisture content in the sample) and some even say it's the % of dry weight for a single calyx. I don't know if this is true but it sure sounds likely.

InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: can you cross pollinate different strains of cannabis [Re: maryanne3087]
    #451064 - 07/25/10 01:00 AM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Well when testing for thc the only part of the plant that contains any is the crystals so it wouldn't make sense to test other parts of the plant when testing for thc.

I'm  sure they take a batch of crystals and test them and use a average. The reason for this would be that the crystals have a varying amount of thc in them depending on size. Like I'm sure most of us know the water bag (esp sets that use 8 bags) way of making hash separates the crystals by size with the smaller being more potent. :omgawesome:

In the Bay Area the Harbor Side Health center does testing.

--------------------

Invisiblejuke adro
I hate fat vaginas
 User Gallery

#451079 - 07/25/10 02:33 AM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Ok sweet cheers :wink:

--------------------

I eat animals and most things that live in the sea, I'm not green but I smoke it and I litter to keep cunts like you in a job so fuck off.

Invisiblemaryanne3087
Stranger
Trusted Cultivator
    #451114 - 07/25/10 10:23 AM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Magash said:
Well when testing for thc the only part of the plant that contains any is the crystals so it wouldn't make sense to test other parts of the plant when testing for thc.

I'm  sure they take a batch of crystals and test them and use a average. The reason for this would be that the crystals have a varying amount of thc in them depending on size. Like I'm sure most of us know the water bag (esp sets that use 8 bags) way of making hash separates the crystals by size with the smaller being more potent. :omgawesom:

In the Bay Area the Harbor Side Health center does testing.

Again I don't do testing but what you're explaining is more of a resin profile than a bud profile. I'd suspect when a strain is tested and reports in the 10-20% thc range that is an overall sample. I'd suspect the 40% + thc ranges is for hash and Oils = 70%+.

It is very likely that multiple methods are used for testing buds as there's no standard for analytic chemistry performed on cannabis as far as I know.

I'm in the middle of something right now but I'll try to find the report later. It was a test done in california for the overall thc and cbd %'s of dry bud. That is %'s of actives for the entire plant sample. The sample accounted for 8% moisture, 18% thc, and less than a per cent cbd, leaving 70% or so for dry plant matter.

InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #451210 - 07/25/10 03:35 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

You know who knows how their doing it. Can't be the overall weight or makeup of the bud cause that would be almost 1/5 of the buds total makeup and if that is the case I gotta talk to that breeder right now. Well that can't happen cause the only part of the entire plant that has thc is the resin glands or crystals or to be exact the trichomes. Now as far as different parts of the plant there just doing trichome counts to see which parts of the plant have the most glands. Same way the clubs look for good bud by doing trichome counts.

Now it can't be the way I was saying either cause there are some major holes is that theory. If the thc of the crystal is 20% on the bud it would be in the hash also since it is made up of those crystals.

--------------------

Invisiblemaryanne3087
Stranger
Trusted Cultivator
    #451248 - 07/25/10 04:52 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Well that can't happen cause the only part of the entire plant that has thc is the resin glands or crystals or to be exact the trichomes.

Trichomes cover a large part of the plant. Some 5mm wide sativa calyxes have 2.5-3mm long trichomes covering the entire calyx packed neatly in rows for maximum coverage.

InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #451257 - 07/25/10 05:26 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Well trichomes don't grow in rows those are cystolith hairs which look a lot like trichomes but even then the only part of the trichome that has thc in it is the gland head. Yes there are Sativas that are highly covered and some very densely but there is a reason the Indicas are hash making strains.

Nothing beats a good cross though. Here is a few I've grown out.

--------------------

Invisiblemaryanne3087
Stranger
Trusted Cultivator
    #451271 - 07/25/10 05:50 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Magash said:
Well trichomes don't grow in rows those are cystolith hairs which look a lot like trichomes but even then the only part of the trichome that has thc in it is the gland head. Yes there are Sativas that are highly covered and some very densely but there is a reason the Indicas are hash making strains.

Nothing beats a good cross though. Here is a few I've grown out.

I wasn't using the word row in it's literal sense. Just that when trichomes are so densely packed their placement seems orderly.

Invisiblejuke adro
I hate fat vaginas
 User Gallery

#451409 - 07/26/10 02:18 AM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Magash said:
Here is a few I've grown out.

Holy shit! Very nice :yesnod:

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds