Home | Community | Message Board

Royal Queen Seeds Cannabis Seeds
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineblack sheep
Stranger
can you cross pollinate different strains of cannabis
    #376965 - 03/02/10 02:19 PM (14 years, 20 days ago)

now then... im totally new to all this stuff,ive acquired some speed devil (fem) at a stupid price.as i dont want to get my eyes took out again i was wanting to make some seeds myself,but as they are all female i was wondering if i could use the pollen off a ak47 male to fertilise a female speed devil? is this possible or am i totally off track?? pls help!!!!!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineCrusty Ass Bastard
Pheno Hunting

Folding@home Statistics
Trusted Cultivator
Re: can you cross pollinate different strains of cannabis [Re: black sheep]
    #376967 - 03/02/10 02:23 PM (14 years, 20 days ago)

Yes, even the strains you listed are just crosses of other strains. This hobby wouldn't be much fun if you couldn't cross different strains :smile:

--------------------
|

Skunk Train (Most Recent) | G13 Haze (Completed) | G13 Haze (Completed) | G13 Haze (Completed)
Cinnibis Rolls | Indoor Peppers

"The secret of improved plant breeding, apart from scientific knowledge, is love." -Luther Burbank

Offlineblack sheep
Stranger
Re: can you cross pollinate different strains of cannabis [Re: Crusty Ass Bastard]
    #376971 - 03/02/10 02:30 PM (14 years, 20 days ago)

cheers m8 .hats gona save some wonga!!!!

InvisibleFurrowedBrowM
Free yourself from yourself
Male User Gallery

Loc: Carpal Tunnel
Trusted Cultivator
    #377239 - 03/02/10 06:36 PM (14 years, 20 days ago)

Yeah, back before the 70's almost all cannabis was grown outdoors and was pure sativas.  It's my understanding that about that time Indica plants were found and brought back to cali, where they bred them with sativa's and thus started the great hybrid cannabis we know and love today.  In seed making it's always best to chose the absolute best male and female of your stock.  That's how we move forward with new strains that everyone wants.

--------------------

Multidisciplinary Association for Psychedelic Studies - Become a member!
The Growery's Herb Museum (post #24)
I prefer dangerous freedom to peaceful slavery.
~ Thomas Jefferson ~

Offlinethe man

Re: can you cross pollinate different strains of cannabis [Re: FurrowedBrow]
    #377379 - 03/02/10 08:28 PM (14 years, 20 days ago)

so what yoru trying to say by "moving forward" is that there is observable artificial evolution. ahhhh!!  blasifimy. marry joseph of isreal. :wink:

Pheno Hunting

Folding@home Statistics
Trusted Cultivator
Re: can you cross pollinate different strains of cannabis [Re: the man]
    #377493 - 03/02/10 11:01 PM (14 years, 19 days ago)

Quote:

the man said:
so what yoru trying to say by "moving forward" is that there is observable artificial evolution. ahhhh!!  blasifimy. marry joseph of isreal. :wink:

Yes, there is: http://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=155&pictureid=107962

--------------------
|

Skunk Train (Most Recent) | G13 Haze (Completed) | G13 Haze (Completed) | G13 Haze (Completed)
Cinnibis Rolls | Indoor Peppers

"The secret of improved plant breeding, apart from scientific knowledge, is love." -Luther Burbank

Offlinethe man

Re: can you cross pollinate different strains of cannabis [Re: Crusty Ass Bastard]
    #377547 - 03/03/10 12:34 AM (14 years, 19 days ago)

wow now thats frosty!!

Invisiblecaptain.koons
Failed Botanist
Trusted Cultivator
    #377643 - 03/03/10 09:09 AM (14 years, 19 days ago)

Quote:

FurrowedBrow said:
Yeah, back before the 70's almost all cannabis was grown outdoors and was pure sativas.  It's my understanding that about that time Indica plants were found and brought back to cali, where they bred them with sativa's and thus started the great hybrid cannabis we know and love today.  In seed making it's always best to chose the absolute best male and female of your stock.  That's how we move forward with new strains that everyone wants.

Well, blueberry and skunk#1 have been around since the early 70s so I'd assume that there were indicas brought back before then as they both have afghani in them. I also assume it takes a while to breed seeds back then as I can only assume it was done outdoors.

Edit.. I reread your post and it says back before the 70s :smile:

--------------------

TROLLS NEED LOVE TOO!

InvisibleInverted
CNC Machinist/Greenthumb
Male User Gallery

Loc: North Star Flag
Re: can you cross pollinate different strains of cannabis [Re: captain.koons]
    #377701 - 03/03/10 10:57 AM (14 years, 19 days ago)

Yeah you sure can.  Selective breeding is the reason the THC levels have risen so much since the 70's.

I posted that link here so you don't have to click it to view it.

--------------------
Don't criticize what you can't understand

InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: can you cross pollinate different strains of cannabis [Re: Inverted]
    #378674 - 03/04/10 11:12 PM (14 years, 17 days ago)

Ok, here we go.

Now there are wild kush's growing out there that are just as potent as any cross going yet. Indica's have been used for smoking (contrary to popular belief) for much longer then sativa's. Indica's are the first hash making strains and hash has been used for over 5000 years now.

Now they say that the weed has gotten more potent but the levels they give are bullshit. In the tests that they give the potency numbers they use samples from the entire plant (something that was very common in the 60's) and compare them to the samples properly given to tests taken today. Yes the weed is more potent but comon hundreds of times more potent get real.

So what has changed then. Our choices have. We don't smoke the brown crap full of seeds and stems now unless forced where as before it was the top choice due to the fact that growing practices have changed and the indoor growing revolution.

Now indica came here with people that moved here from those countries and became comon here because somebody tried some of that stuff brought here and said "I gotta get my hands on some seeds of that stuff no matter what it takes". Was very comon for people from the grow areas of Humboldt and Mendocino to take trips to the middle east just for seeds (The process of cloning marijuana or taking cuttings is still a very new practice that was pretty much unheard of till the late 70's) due to the fact that many people had to start every crop indoors or out with seeds. :wink:

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

:growingweed: Join us at the Growery! :growingweed:

OfflineHerbLover420
Stoner

Loc: Flag
    #448306 - 07/19/10 08:58 AM (13 years, 7 months ago)

It should work perfectly and in some ways will probably make it even more powerful Yay for Mary we love em' all!

--------------------
“Herb is the healing of a nation, alcohol is the destruction.”

~Bob Marley~

:heart: The Herb

OfflineTreeOfLife
Stranger
Re: can you cross pollinate different strains of cannabis [Re: HerbLover420]
    #448340 - 07/19/10 11:41 AM (13 years, 7 months ago)

YES for the past 10 years i have been working on the super strain. it is crossed with over 10 different strains. VERY POTENT STRAINS. The Lab tested a 28% THC LEVEL!

Offlinemuse42
Zomberrific

Loc: West Coast
Re: can you cross pollinate different strains of cannabis [Re: TreeOfLife]
    #448496 - 07/19/10 09:19 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Now indica came here with people that moved here from those countries and became comon here because somebody tried some of that stuff brought here and said "I gotta get my hands on some seeds of that stuff no matter what it takes".

LOL... some of that stuff. nice!

--------------------
It looks like it's going to be another Gravity Bong type day...

OfflineMushrooMan420
Muncher

Loc: CA
Re: can you cross pollinate different strains of cannabis [Re: Inverted]
    #448566 - 07/19/10 11:31 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

What strain is that?

--------------------
x:tongue:

Offlinekyuzo
Stranger Than Fiction

Re: can you cross pollinate different strains of cannabis [Re: Magash]
    #448647 - 07/20/10 05:33 AM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Some of the hash you can find in India is PHENOMINAL, and it's basically the same strains and same cultivation techniques they have been using forever

Pheno Hunting

Folding@home Statistics
Trusted Cultivator
Re: can you cross pollinate different strains of cannabis [Re: TreeOfLife] * 1
    #448656 - 07/20/10 07:58 AM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

TreeOfLife said:
YES for the past 10 years i have been working on the super strain. it is crossed with over 10 different strains. VERY POTENT STRAINS. The Lab tested a 28% THC LEVEL!

I'll say what everybody else is thinking: Bullshit

What 10 strains?

What lab? (Fuck, humor us with even the country it was in)

Basic information? (Sativa? Indica?)

Specific information?

Pics?

You see, I developed a super duper super strain compromised of 39 different strains and tested at 44% THC so I'm interested to see how yours compares. :lmafo: :lmafo: :lmafo:

Nevermind, you already exposed yourself:

Quote:

Quote:

TreeOfLife said:
Hello i live in cali and recently gotmy recommendation but now am looking at supplying some other patients with good herb. I knowhow to grow ive done little personal grows. i was going to spend 1000 total for a 600w hps cooltube 3x3 grow tent with carbon filter hooked up to the exhaust. is it worth the investment though? i dont really know anyone only a couple people. i was going to grow 6 plants. 2 purple haze 2 g13haze and 2 vanilla kush. ofcourse id start with more so incase of males and such. the tent is 3.4x3.4 will this be good for 6 ? or should i get a 3.11x3.11? i was going to grow year round veg for 2 months yeild 300-500 grams expected per harvest. i could get like 3 harvests right? thats around 900- 1500 grams ayear. alot more than 1000 lol its worth the nvestment right? the thing is im also in college and i feel like the weed couple screw with my grades as it always does when i have weed i usually smoke ugh.

Do you suffer from amnesia by chance? Because I would accept that. You were working on a super strain for 10 years and then got to college and forgot everything you learned since the age of 9. Something like that?

Edited by Crusty Ass Bastard (07/20/10 08:12 AM)

InvisibleInverted
CNC Machinist/Greenthumb
Male User Gallery

Loc: North Star Flag
    #448659 - 07/20/10 08:33 AM (13 years, 7 months ago)

:lol:  :rofl2:  :rofl:  :haha:

Some people just don't fucking get it man... They think they can lie and act like professional growers but it is so fucking easy to spot the bullshit, I didn't believe a word he said, and then you posted that quote and I nearly lost it.  Hahahah

+1  :congrats:

-5 leaves for TOL though :lol:

--------------------
Don't criticize what you can't understand

InvisibleFurrowedBrowM
Free yourself from yourself
Male User Gallery

Loc: Carpal Tunnel
Trusted Cultivator
    #448990 - 07/20/10 06:00 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Crusty Ass Bastard said:
Quote:

TreeOfLife said:

I'll say what everybody else is thinking: Bullshit

What 10 strains?

What lab? (Fuck, humor us with even the country it was in)

Basic information? (Sativa? Indica?)

Specific information?

Pics?

You see, I developed a super duper super strain compromised of 39 different strains and tested at 44% THC so I'm interested to see how yours compares. :lmafo: :lmafo: :lmafo:

:lol:  I was gonna say something when i read it.  ya beat me.  We are all dying to know how he did this with only 'a few personal grows' under his belt.  Must be that magic ive been hearing about.

--------------------

Multidisciplinary Association for Psychedelic Studies - Become a member!
The Growery's Herb Museum (post #24)
I prefer dangerous freedom to peaceful slavery.
~ Thomas Jefferson ~

Invisiblemaryanne3087
Stranger
Trusted Cultivator
    #449071 - 07/20/10 10:35 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Personal super strain breeding grows.

InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: can you cross pollinate different strains of cannabis [Re: TreeOfLife]
    #449622 - 07/21/10 08:58 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Hmmmm.....I'd like to try this super strain having made a few strains myself. Strains that people here at this site have grown from seed and from cuttings. Where exactly might I find some of your work? :rofl2:

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

:growingweed: Join us at the Growery! :growingweed:

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals