Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineBones73
Stranger
first grow
    #734217 - 06/02/14 07:35 AM (9 years, 9 months ago)

I am starting my first grow and only have space for a 32x32x72 tent. I want to get the best results ,of course. So is 450w as high as I can go or is a 600w able to work in such a small space? Any help is appreciated.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblenight trainV
Male

Loc: Midwest, US
Re: first grow [Re: Bones73]
    #734257 - 06/02/14 11:52 AM (9 years, 9 months ago)

A 600 is workable in that space but you would definitely need an air cooled hood to keep your temps in check.

InvisiblephychotronM
Medicated

Loc: Earth (mostly) Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: first grow [Re: night train] * 1
    #734381 - 06/03/14 09:15 AM (9 years, 9 months ago)

Have you considered LED? much less heat to deal with and you can get an intense light that would cover that space very well while producing minimal heat.

They are a lot more money up front, but you get a three year warranty which means it will pay for itself (usually on the first harvest) and require no maintenance. Do not just buy one, the market is flooded with garbage fixtures and advertisements that make bold claims.

For that size area I'd recommend the XML 150 for $549. I haven't used the XML light myself but it does have the square footprint. The XML 350 for $997 might be worth the extra cash. OR the DS300 for $795. Another brand I like is GrowBlu but they don't have the square footprint like you'd want.

--------------------
Any help given is for educational purposes only. Its your responsibility not to break any applicable laws
Bamboo Bongs I make | Perfect Dry and Cure | Grapegod under LED
“Human beings, vegetables, or cosmic dust, we all dance to a mysterious tune intoned in the distance by an invisible player.” ~ Albert Einstein

InvisibleHawksresurrection
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: first grow [Re: phychotron]
    #734567 - 06/04/14 05:20 AM (9 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

phychotron said:
Have you considered LED? much less heat to deal with and you can get an intense light that would cover that space very well while producing minimal heat.

They are a lot more money up front, but you get a three year warranty which means it will pay for itself (usually on the first harvest) and require no maintenance. Do not just buy one, the market is flooded with garbage fixtures and advertisements that make bold claims.

For that size area I'd recommend the XML 150 for $549. I haven't used the XML light myself but it does have the square footprint. The XML 350 for $997 might be worth the extra cash. OR the DS300 for $795. Another brand I like is GrowBlu but they don't have the square footprint like you'd want.

Everyone on here know's I'm an HID guy.  But I totally agree with Phyco on this.  You are dealing with a small space.  And keeping that heat down it going to be essential.  And all sad and down with buying an air cooled reflector, ducting, inline fans, etc etc, some of which you will need to buy anyways.  The LED would be a phenomenal way to go.  You will save so much money in electricity bills, from the just the lights them selves, and air conditioning etc.

--------------------
Dude she isn't as young as she use to be.

-niteowl

Offlinelilmafia513
Stranger

Re: first grow [Re: Hawksresurrection]
    #746116 - 09/02/14 05:25 PM (9 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Hawksresurrection said:
Quote:

phychotron said:

Everyone on here know's I'm an HID guy.  But I totally agree with Phyco on this.  You are dealing with a small space.  And keeping that heat down it going to be essential.  And all sad and down with buying an air cooled reflector, ducting, inline fans, etc etc, some of which you will need to buy anyways.  The LED would be a phenomenal way to go.  You will save so much money in electricity bills, from the just the lights them selves, and air conditioning etc.

I agree also, I use a tent the same size, and last run with a 400 watt it stunted the plants too much, even with adequate intake and exhaust. Go with the LED and do a journal with it, to share your experience with LED lighting.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies