Home | Community | Message Board

Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleInverted
CNC Machinist/Greenthumb
Male User Gallery

Loc: North Star Flag
Re: Building a PC Stealth Grow Box. [Re: spacemonkey69]
    #357254 - 02/03/10 03:33 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Hell ya man!  Did you find one on that site or a different one?

I'm anxious

--------------------
Don't criticize what you can't understand

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinespacemonkey69
Trusted Vaporizer

Loc: Flag
Re: Building a PC Stealth Grow Box. [Re: Inverted]
    #357267 - 02/03/10 04:27 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

I think im gonna go with the Veg Box for 220.  But if you guys find any better/cheaper ones post it. Once i get it. Ill start a Journal.

--------------------
[quote]
“You see this glass bong?” asks Achaan Chaa, the Thai meditation master. “For me this glass is already broken. I enjoy it; I smoke out of it. It holds my water admirably, sometimes even reflecting the sun in beautiful patterns. If I should tap it, it has a lovely ring to it. But when I put this glass bong on the shelf and the wind knocks it over or my elbow brushes it off the table and it falls to the ground and shatters, I say, ‘Of course.’ When I understand that the glass is already broken, every moment with it is precious.”[/quote]

InvisibleInverted
CNC Machinist/Greenthumb
Male User Gallery

#357290 - 02/03/10 05:30 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Nah dude I was thinking that was a good buy.

You're a lucky man.

--------------------

Offlinespacemonkey69
Trusted Vaporizer

#357502 - 02/04/10 04:14 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Tomorrow! I get paid. Also my friend owes me money so :feelsgoodman: :dancer:

--------------------
[quote]
“You see this glass bong?” asks Achaan Chaa, the Thai meditation master. “For me this glass is already broken. I enjoy it; I smoke out of it. It holds my water admirably, sometimes even reflecting the sun in beautiful patterns. If I should tap it, it has a lovely ring to it. But when I put this glass bong on the shelf and the wind knocks it over or my elbow brushes it off the table and it falls to the ground and shatters, I say, ‘Of course.’ When I understand that the glass is already broken, every moment with it is precious.”[/quote]

Offlinepha3r0
Stranger

#357540 - 02/04/10 08:21 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

cool i am pretty interested in how that goes. I am running this grow log for my buddy and my thumbs are green with envy. but alas I don't have much space here so if i was to do anything myself it would have to a micro grow like this. pretty sure even then i would need to convince the wife it was a new PC lol

--------------------
"The proverb warns that, "You should not bite the hand that feeds you." But maybe you should, if it prevents you from feeding yourself."
- Thomas Szasz

"if you arent good with electricity dont go touching it...ive electrocuted myself twice...its no fun"
- mhbound

Offlinespacemonkey69
Trusted Vaporizer

Re: Building a PC Stealth Grow Box. [Re: pha3r0]
    #358082 - 02/05/10 02:10 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Getting Paycheck Today! Good Times. Ill make my order once i get home.

:feelsgoodman:

--------------------
[quote]

Offlinespacemonkey69
Trusted Vaporizer

#358224 - 02/05/10 08:29 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

*UPDATE*

I got the paycheck. :laugh: BUTTTTTTTTTTT i got really high with my co woker and forgot to go the the bank. So ill do that tomorrowww. How you guys? Havfent been this high in awhile.. :bobmarley:

--------------------
[quote]

Offlinepha3r0
Stranger

#358430 - 02/06/10 12:25 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Yay I am pretty baked myself, could of been flushed better but oh well I dont bitch.

--------------------
"The proverb warns that, "You should not bite the hand that feeds you." But maybe you should, if it prevents you from feeding yourself."
- Thomas Szasz

"if you arent good with electricity dont go touching it...ive electrocuted myself twice...its no fun"
- mhbound

Offlinepha3r0
Stranger

#359070 - 02/07/10 10:00 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Is it tomorrow yet?

--------------------
- Thomas Szasz

- mhbound

Offlinespacemonkey69
Trusted Vaporizer

#359087 - 02/07/10 10:32 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Im short on Shipping :kingcrankey: Once my friend pays me back, Ill be in business :cool:

--------------------
[quote]

Offlinepha3r0
Stranger

#359396 - 02/07/10 05:08 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

not the junkie friend i hope?

--------------------
- Thomas Szasz

- mhbound

Offlinespacemonkey69
Trusted Vaporizer

#359398 - 02/07/10 05:17 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

:facepalm: :yesnod:

--------------------
[quote]

InvisibleInverted
CNC Machinist/Greenthumb
Male User Gallery

#359460 - 02/07/10 06:54 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

:ilold:

:smilingpuppy:

It happens to the best of us

--------------------

Offlinepha3r0
Stranger

#359802 - 02/08/10 02:07 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

all is not lost. my vote has always been on building one yourself.

after i did the freeeezer build for my buddy i think it would be really easy.

--------------------
- Thomas Szasz

- mhbound

OfflineDudeTron
 User Gallery

#359809 - 02/08/10 02:55 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Yea man, depending on what your time's worth, I'd say build one.

I'd start at the computer shop, hopefully a local one and not a best buy or something, find a case you can look at for awhile and explain to people.  Talk them into taking the power supply for you at a credit or in trade for a couple fans... And/or  buy the strongest, most quiet reasonably priced fans you can stomach.  Hit up the thrift store, or worst case scenario the radio shack for some 12v DC plugs.

Now you can move on to selecting your own lighting and doing a little more engineering for what will be at least 1/2 the price of the pre-made if you try to copy it.

InvisibleInverted
CNC Machinist/Greenthumb
Male User Gallery

Re: Building a PC Stealth Grow Box. [Re: DudeTron]
    #359912 - 02/08/10 11:01 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

True

but they are already lightproofed and sealed and have ventilation designed and built in...  I'd say it's a decent price, especially if you wanted to save a bunch of time, but DIY is fun if you have all the tools handy.

I built my cab for about 40 bucks...

Not very stealth but If I need it to be I can paint it up proper and just make it look like another storage device, or mini wardrobe.  :shrug:

--------------------

OfflineDudeTron
 User Gallery

#360603 - 02/09/10 04:24 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Tools can definitely become a big deal real quick if you don't have them... and it really does depend on what your time is worth... Inverted's right though, it'd be a sweet little investment, easy as can be, and you can never really grow out of it cause it can always be a bad ass mom box or something.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates