Home | Community | Message Board

Royal Queen Seeds Cannabis Seeds
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineNamRedruM0016
Stranger
Other
Loc: Milky Way
Mini terrarium/hydro setup
    #712323 - 02/06/14 08:15 PM (10 years, 1 month ago)

hey community. j/w if anyone knows how small u can go with a hydro setup? I'm thinking like a small auto-flower and something comparable to a shot glass grow (maybe a tad bigger like a solo cup) and would like to create a symbiotic ecosystem in a smaller terrarium (maybe the = of a 10-20 gal fish tank in cubic inch, mostly for show not so concerned on yield. but potency of course :smile:

imagine a totally symbiotic, miniature, Eco-botanical garden of exotics, herbs, and other select flora. Would be pretty awesome IMO

and ideas/help/input appreciated. thanks

thinking something like this

--------------------
NamRedruM0016.1.61803399

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblefortheloveofnature
noob

Re: Mini terrarium/hydro setup [Re: NamRedruM0016]
    #712473 - 02/07/14 10:10 AM (10 years, 1 month ago)

great idea i also have been thinking about building a aquaponics system with my 30 gallon fish tank but not with bud though only leafy greens that do well with all that nitrogen. good luck !

--------------------
Gymnopilus Luteofolius                  Gymnopilus Purpuratus                  G.luteofolius&G.luteoviridis

First grow (bagseed)

OfflineNamRedruM0016
Stranger
Other
Re: Mini terrarium/hydro setup [Re: fortheloveofnature]
    #712510 - 02/07/14 12:43 PM (10 years, 1 month ago)

thanks much. awesome, id like to hear more about you setup once you get started.
  Sorry im a noob to these forums, I have always been intrigued by cannabis and understanding the science behind growing it but im just to scared pretty much... if I ever did it would be for personal use only for sure. (when you say do well with all that nitrogen) are you referring to the medium (water/dirt) or the air, or just over all?

I realize that there's a lot of research and planning to go in but couldn't one say... find other fauna that will help to reduce nitrogen levels or custom tune the micro-system/climate to be suitable for cannabis, or am I going to wind up with more of a mini desert environment lol?

im thinking custom mycorrhiza and the whole nine, along with any other beneficial life forms/plants. or maybe a bi/tri climate system... that would be badass lolz

Main question though I guess is, I've seen hydroponic cannabis setups using 5 gallon buckets. is there any mini hydro setups comparable to a shot glass grow or a solo cup grow? I want to train it to only be like 12in tall or so

--------------------
NamRedruM0016.1.61803399

InvisibleDeadkndys420
 User Gallery

Loc: █████
Trusted Cultivator
    #712511 - 02/07/14 12:48 PM (10 years, 1 month ago)

Magash has pics of plants he grew in Dixie cups.

Try doing a search and they should pop up.

How do you plan to have good air exchange in there?

OfflineNamRedruM0016
Stranger
Other
Re: Mini terrarium/hydro setup [Re: Deadkndys420]
    #712542 - 02/07/14 01:22 PM (10 years, 1 month ago)

kool thanx, will doo.

And... well I had thought about it. im open to any input but there's a few diff options I think... im not above a compact fan or to, maybe some 2x2in computer fans or something... or if it was as the pic above I suppose I could jus manually apply fae through opening the lid but who wants to have to do that ya know. I like the idea of a humid look to it though, I picture little condensation clouds at the top or maybe foggy days so to speak. or maybe directly injecting co2 etc... Ig in order to decide I need to do some research on what ratios marry actually needs. just trying to decide practicality here ig

--------------------
NamRedruM0016.1.61803399

Invisiblefortheloveofnature
noob

#712777 - 02/07/14 09:53 PM (10 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

NamRedruM0016 said:
thanks much. awesome, id like to hear more about you setup once you get started.
    (when you say do well with all that nitrogen) are you referring to the medium (water/dirt) or the air, or just over all?

from your first post it sounds like your trying to build a aquaponics system (where you feed the fish and the fish poo feeds the plants). the fish poo that is in the water gets eaten by bacteria and the bacteria produce nitrates.

--------------------
Gymnopilus Luteofolius                  Gymnopilus Purpuratus                  G.luteofolius&G.luteoviridis

First grow (bagseed)

OfflineTribalSeed
SoulJah

Loc: Babylon
Re: Mini terrarium/hydro setup [Re: Deadkndys420]
    #712810 - 02/08/14 12:28 AM (10 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Deadkndys420 said:
Magash has pics of plants he grew in Dixie cups.

Try doing a search and they should pop up.

How do you plan to have good air exchange in there?

Sweet 16 was the name of the strain I believe if you haven't found them yet. Its pretty awesome what you guys come up with and the results you get with all the DIY stuff.
Fuckin Grade A dudes around here.
:baaaam:

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom