Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds UK
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineblack sheep
Stranger
growroom design/setup help please!!!
    #459426 - 08/13/10 02:13 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

1) What is the size of my grow space (Example: 4' X 4' X 8')?
1.20m x .60m x 1.60m
2) How many plants would I like to grow/handle at once?
8 plants in flower 10 veg 10 cuttings(ill cull the 2 that arnt doing well)
3) Is my grow space enclosed or open?
enclosed in a tent
4) What does my grow space have access to based on location (Example: Attics, Basements, Garage, Spare Room, Outdoors etc, etc)?
attic/garage
5) What ventilation does my grow space already have (Windows, Heating Vents, AC Ducts)?
2x air-brick
6) Is it a high traffic or low traffic area around my grow space ?
low
7) Is smell from my grow space(yes weed growing SMELLS a lot) a factor/problem?
yes
8) How will I deal with the smell generated by my grow space?
4in carbon filter
9) What type of light(s) am I planning to use, in detail (CFLs, Florescent, Metal Halide(MH), High Pressure Sodium(HPS), LED)?
hps
10) Depending on the light chosen, how will I keep it cool/vented?
600w enclosed in a cool tube,with a temp controller controlling 2 fans,1 intake ,1 out
11) How will I keep the grow space cool (70-80F)?
temp controller
12) How will I provide fresh air for the plants, or in other words, how will I vent the space continuously to exchange air?
temp controller
13) Where will air that I expel or remove from my grow space go?
outside
14) How will I safely provide power to run the equipment in my grow space?
sockets in attic
15) How will I control the lights to power on and off on a strict schedule used in my grow space?
timer
16) How will I position my lights and allow positional adjustments between my light and my plants?
yoyo hangers
17)What grow medium will I use, Soil, Hydro, Aero?
aero for cuttings hydro 4 veg and flower
18) What "recipes" will I use, for my growing medium, for feeding during vegetative state, for feeding during flowering state?
canna nutrients for veg ,big bud formula for the flower
19) How will I measure temperature and humidity in my grow space?
temp controller
20) How will I measure PH in my water and soil?
wand
21) How will I move air, to create a constant, oscillating breeze in my grow space?
small oscillating fan directed over the canopy
22) Am I planting from seed or from cutting and rooting clones?
first from seed then cuttings
23) What are the start up costs for my project based on all the equipment I require?
£1100
24) What are my running costs, crop to crop or month to month based on my setup?
about £40 per month ,based on about 1000 watts (im not sure)
25) During the grow period, am I going to be away from my grow space for holidays, vacations etc?  How will I make sure my plants are ok during that time?
i wont b away

im trying 2 setup my own grow area(after having a bust up with a so called friend).

I've got a few ideas but just want 2 know if this setup would work... im thinking of getting a nft 1010mmx485mmx205mm tank (im hoping 2 get 8 plants in it ,sog),with a 600w hps light(4inch cool tube),12 aero propagation unit under a 2 tube t5 Florescent light.all of this in a 1.20m x .60m x 1.60m space (ill separate part of the tent 4 the veg/cuttings).

the cooling fan will come from the loft through the light and fan and get expelled out of the loft,the 'fresh air' will come from the outside,through a fan and into the tent directed by the oscillating fan over the canopy.the carbon filter will b placed inside the tent.the temp controller will control the intake and the air going through the shade.

i know there might b height issues but,i cant get a bigger tent as the loft joists etc wont allow a standard size tent.id have 2 build 1 myself which would leave the joists exposed to the heat inside the room .my only other option i think is 2 get all Florescent blue + red ,but id have 2 get a heater(i dont know what type).as i live in a cold area and the grow is in a attic above a garage the temp will fluctuate alot more with the fluorescence's (from what i can gather)

if any1 could tell me if this could work or a better way of doing things please speak up,ive trawled through the forums and books and these are my best ideas taking drawing from.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom