Home | Community | Message Board

Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineunreliable_reality
Stranger
Best strain for sleep
    #702296 - 12/26/13 04:00 PM (10 years, 3 months ago)

Hey guys - very much a noob here. Just starting down the path. Anyway, I have insomnia - really fucking bad insomnia - and was wondering which strain best produces that lovely dozy, I need a nap feeling?

I've never grown before and am contemplating starting out, if only for this reason. Weed isn't exactly thick and fast on the ground here and when it is available, the people who are selling it are almost never able to tell you what it is. A typical conversation with a local dealer often goes like this:
"What's this?" buyer asks, holding up their recently purchased bag.
Dealer looks at them blankly. "It's fucking weed."
"Yes, I know that," says the buyer, "but what strain is it?"
Door slams in their face signalling the end of the conversation.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineHime
Stranger

Re: Best strain for sleep [Re: unreliable_reality]
    #702302 - 12/26/13 04:12 PM (10 years, 3 months ago)

grand daddy purple or indica dominate og strains are nice sleep aids and long lasting.

--------------------
Livin, learnin, takin it easy :willynilly:

Stranger
Re: Best strain for sleep [Re: Hime]
    #702369 - 12/26/13 08:27 PM (10 years, 3 months ago)

So indica or indica heavy hybrid strains are what I'm after? Thanks.

InvisibleP-O

#702376 - 12/26/13 09:22 PM (10 years, 3 months ago)

bubba kush...its a nice heavy indica... always burns me out super hard and makes me passout super hard

InvisiblephychotronM
Medicated

Loc: Earth (mostly) Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #702408 - 12/27/13 01:37 AM (10 years, 3 months ago)

I had some chemdawg that was very good for sleep. It would get me higher than other buds, and the type to still have an effect after other buds top out. Few buds will have that effect of getting you higher than you already are. I like the flavor too. Theres a story behind chemdawg that ties it to OG kush, but too much to get into. Basically its either the same plant or a parent or who knows, but they have mixed it with a lot of stuff--usually denoted with 'dawg' in the title.

If you want it more sleep then you should let the plants go longer so that there are more amber tricomes than normal. The amber are suppose to be more sedative than the clear/milky ones.

Eating might help too because it gives you more of a body feeling. This can aid in feeling like laying down and resting, especially when combined with smoking. I get the best sleep from eating it. Ingesting it also makes the effects last longer so that it can last all night.

Have you tried Valerian root? I find it gives me a very good body rest to the point I feel like I'm glued to the bed and don't want to roll over, but often will be mentally awake throughout the night. I combine that with melatonin to help.  You can feel a little groggy in the morning but will pass quickly once you start moving around. Its also good for when you can only get a few hours of sleep but want to feel rested.

Do you know what is causing your insomnia? Its usually a symptom, not a disease.

--------------------
Any help given is for educational purposes only. Its your responsibility not to break any applicable laws
Bamboo Bongs I make | Perfect Dry and Cure | Grapegod under LED
“Human beings, vegetables, or cosmic dust, we all dance to a mysterious tune intoned in the distance by an invisible player.” ~ Albert Einstein

Stranger
Re: Best strain for sleep [Re: phychotron]
    #702534 - 12/27/13 05:08 PM (10 years, 3 months ago)

For some reason if I don't get my eight hours, I'm useless. I can't think and don't want to do anything. I think I've tried just about every natural sedative none to man, including opium, none of which have done anything. That said, I am currently growing some Valerian, so we'll see how the raw stuff goes.

The only thing that does work are proper, hardcore sedative medications. The only problem is most of these carry a dependence level and have addictive/habit forming qualities that I'd like to avoid. Cheers for the advice on the weed front, though. At least I know what I'm looking for now.

InvisibleDeadkndys420
 User Gallery

Loc: █████
Trusted Cultivator
    #702541 - 12/27/13 05:16 PM (10 years, 3 months ago)

If opium wont help you nothing will.

Offlinecannabis_seeds
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Best strain for sleep [Re: Deadkndys420]
    #702611 - 12/27/13 06:36 PM (10 years, 3 months ago)

I have a son who has bad insomnia - he basically can't shut off. It's part of his anxiety disorder.

Indicas are a good recommendation, but you should also do all those other things that people recommend like cutting out caffeine & alcohol, turning off the electronics about an hour or so before you go to bed, maybe trying some yoga or something, other relaxation techniques. Combined, you'd think it would all help.

If you can get them, it might be a good idea to try a high CBD strain as well. Someone recommended letting the plants go long for more amber chrystals - according to some, that's the THC converting into CBD. But, there are also strains that are bred for high CBD, low THC content - the effects are described as peaceful, calming, dreamlike & absolutely anxiety free.

Good luck - it sucks to not be able to sleep when you want to. I agree that the prescription sedatives aren't a good way to go.

--------------------
Cannabis Seeds| Delivered discreetly WORLD WIDE!

Cannabis seeds | Buy Marijuana Seeds from the #1 UK Online Store

Follow us on twitter for special offers on premium beans.

Check our Gorilla Seeds Blog for the latest news.

InvisibleP-O

Re: Best strain for sleep [Re: cannabis_seeds]
    #702623 - 12/27/13 07:10 PM (10 years, 3 months ago)

melatonin + indica : :sleeping:

Stranger
Re: Best strain for sleep [Re: P-O]
    #702722 - 12/27/13 10:35 PM (10 years, 3 months ago)

Yeah, I do all the recommended things; "sleep hygiene" as they call it. Hell, I even avoid tea and exercise etc... never too soon before bed, remind you. Yeah, insomnia pretty much runs/ruins my life.

InvisiblephychotronM
Medicated

Loc: Earth (mostly) Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #702732 - 12/27/13 10:46 PM (10 years, 3 months ago)

Do you know what causes it? If its neurological related then cannabis should help.

--------------------
Any help given is for educational purposes only. Its your responsibility not to break any applicable laws
Bamboo Bongs I make | Perfect Dry and Cure | Grapegod under LED
“Human beings, vegetables, or cosmic dust, we all dance to a mysterious tune intoned in the distance by an invisible player.” ~ Albert Einstein

Offlinestateofmind404
Stranger

Re: Best strain for sleep [Re: phychotron]
    #702743 - 12/27/13 11:30 PM (10 years, 3 months ago)

You know, i have smoked both indica and sativa dominant strains on seperate occaisions, and both kinds of bud tend to chill me out and make me want to sleep. it's also been a really time since i've smoked weed, so maybe i need to reassess this.

edit: took a year off smoking. now both types of weed keep me awake and disrupt my REM cycles. i sleep better when i don't smoke.

Edited by stateofmind404 (10/16/14 02:39 PM)

OfflineSham87
マリオ
Male

Re: Best strain for sleep [Re: stateofmind404]
    #702767 - 12/28/13 01:30 AM (10 years, 3 months ago)

I usually go with Master Kush or LA Confidential. If that doesn't work I go with Ambien.

--------------------
...once in a while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right...

Invisiblefortheloveofnature
noob

Re: Best strain for sleep [Re: Sham87]
    #702786 - 12/28/13 06:42 AM (10 years, 3 months ago)

take 2 of these and a bowl of any good indica strain and your out all night. ive tried many different kinds of sleeping pills but alteril has always been my favorite since it knocks me out hard but i wake up really refreshed (other sleeping pills other than melatonin have always had me waking up feeling really tired).

--------------------
Gymnopilus Luteofolius                  Gymnopilus Purpuratus                  G.luteofolius&G.luteoviridis

First grow (bagseed)

Offlinequalitydrugsltd
Stranger
    #706471 - 01/11/14 07:01 AM (10 years, 2 months ago)

I love to play with little kids if you know what I mean, wink, wink. Let me know what you think at.

qualitydrugsltd(at)gmail(dot)com

Edited by Magash (01/11/14 08:23 AM)

InvisibleCrushNazT
Male

Loc: Colorado Flag
Re: Best strain for sleep [Re: qualitydrugsltd]
    #706498 - 01/11/14 08:52 AM (10 years, 2 months ago)

Kosher Kush

i bought some kosher kush kief when i first moved here. i got it the first time i went to a dispensary. i still have most of it. i dont smoke it because it knocks me out every single time.

another good way to go to sleep are edibles but MAN watch your dose. and eat it on a full stomach. i learned that the hard way last week...

Stranger
Re: Best strain for sleep [Re: CrushNazT]
    #709958 - 01/26/14 05:21 PM (10 years, 2 months ago)

Sounds intense. I'd prefer to grow my own, the only problem is, I can't get seed here and I do mean any. I can't get my hands on one single seed without having to pay a stupid amount of money, like $20 a seed.

InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #709967 - 01/26/14 07:00 PM (10 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

unreliable_reality said:
Sounds intense. I'd prefer to grow my own, the only problem is, I can't get seed here and I do mean any. I can't get my hands on one single seed without having to pay a stupid amount of money, like $20 a seed.

I'm gonna take a guess at where you're at and hopefully this helps

http://australianseedbank.com/

It's just a guess on where your at but when you say you can't get your hands on a single seed and Australia is very known for having the tightest customs on earth it's not hard. :wink:

Hope it helps

:happyweed:

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

:growingweed: Join us at the Growery! :growingweed:

Stranger
Re: Best strain for sleep [Re: Magash]
    #710016 - 01/27/14 03:16 AM (10 years, 2 months ago)

All I wanted to respond to this is... elementary my dear Watson. Good guess, by the way. It still seems damn expensive. I wish the weed community was like the shroom one. Over there, no one hesitates to swing you a print or two to get your started.

InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #710150 - 01/27/14 07:10 PM (10 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

unreliable_reality said:
All I wanted to respond to this is... elementary my dear Watson. Good guess, by the way. It still seems damn expensive. I wish the weed community was like the shroom one. Over there, no one hesitates to swing you a print or two to get your started.

Yeah I'm familiar with it. I use to do Ralphsters prints for years and am still a Mod at the cultivation forum next door. I'm gonna guess the main reason is that you can send a print without having to commit a major felony to do it. Esp when you don't know who your sending to.:wink:

:happyweed:

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

:growingweed: Join us at the Growery! :growingweed:

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies