Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds UK
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: THCeeds Marijuana Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineweeddude420

Desperately in Need of Help Choosing Seed Strains for Upcoming Grow
    #217364 - 04/19/09 02:08 AM (14 years, 10 months ago)

Heyyy all, I am relatively new to the growery, however i was hoping that any and all of you experienced growers and bud connoisseurs could share your life's experiences and opinions and help me out with determining my seed strains and possibly a good place to buy them online and any other information that would be of help for my upcoming spring grow. :sun: This will be in the USA, and i am going to start asap as to make sure to have enough time before any real cold or freezes begin.

I am definitely an Indica lover but Sativa also has its place too. I am hoping to grow buds that will be narcotic and medicinal in strength, good for pain, sleep, munchies, and overall great and hopefully long lasting highs. I love that couch lock warm numbing and retarded feeling that you usually get from indicas.:grin::stoned:

I am currently hoping to grow 2 separate feminized auto flowering strains 10 seeds each beginning very soon, hopefully within the next couple of weeks. 4-6 will hopefully be indoors in a several small homemade most likely Rubbermaid growing apparatuses with a carbon filter I will post building plans, the rest outdoor guerrilla grows. I am thinking along the lines of: fem auto Hindu Kush x Master Kush x Lowryder, fem auto Ak-47, fem auto White Russian, or fem auto Hindu Kush x White Russian or AK-47. I am definitely looking for something that stays relatively short and yields a decent and potent crop hopefully relatively quickly, but can wait if it means better plants/results. If anyone has had experience with these or knows any information about them or possibly another good strain that could work well for me please share your valuable info.

I am also hoping to grow 3 separate feminized strains either 5 or 10 seeds each beginning either with the auto grow of slightly after. All will be outdoor guerrilla grows. I am thinking along the lines of: Sweet Tooth, White Rhino, Northern Lights, Hindu Kush or Afghan #1, MK Ultra, or Blue Cheese. I might also clone depending on how easy and well it turns out. I am hopefully looking for something that stays either short/medium in height and yields good and potent crops. If anyone has had experience with these or knows any information about them or possibly another good strain that could work well for me, again please share your helpful info.

I will also be growing "Izmir Afghanistan" Opium poppies, and i will also keep all you who have helped me out informed along the way and definitely set up a grow log when i am all finished.:)

Sorry about the length of this post, i was just trying to fill you all in on any details that could help make a decision. Thank you all for all your help and support!:)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleHarry_Ba11sachM
cannoisseur
 User Gallery

Loc: Nepal Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Desperately in Need of Help Choosing Seed Strains for Upcoming Grow [Re: weeddude420]
    #217420 - 04/19/09 09:35 AM (14 years, 10 months ago)

I think you're on a very good track so far with your strain selection. One thing to keep in mind though is that the flowering cycle of cannabis can be easily controlled using light cycles. you don't necessarily need to go with an auto-flowering strain to keep your plants short and bushy, I would recommend instead going with a nice potent high yielding strain and using various low stress training techniques to keep it short. only veg it for a certain amount of time, and flower when ready. keep in mind sativas will generally triple in size at the onset of flowering while indicas will usually double (or slightly more..). if you account for the stretch at the onset of flowering it will be extremely easy to keep the plants within a reasonable height, and then you can focus on your other desired traits, such as potency, indica %, smell, taste, etc

--------------------

Offlineweeddude420

Re: Desperately in Need of Help Choosing Seed Strains for Upcoming Grow [Re: Harry_Ba11sach]
    #217445 - 04/19/09 01:10 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

Thanks for your help and being the first 2 help out, i really appreciate it.:)
As far as controlling the light cycle indoors that would be possible, i just don't know what id be able 2 do outside when its 12/12. For the indoors Ill have 4-6 and they'd have to be short, bushy, give nice yields with potency, id be starting in early/mid May to hopefully finish early (8-10wks if possible) because my mom, the only one who'd actually notice why id be doing in the basement so much, is going to be out of the country for a little over a month Jan 25-Jul 30 and i plan to finish about 1-2 weeks before she comes home, and before that I'm going to have a friend take care of them for me. And 14-16 for outdoors that would also be relatively short with same stats and finish early to give me time to dry everything in a carbon filter drying chambers before shes home. What would be some good techniques to use? Ive never done indoor before.
But the others that will be regular long grow will be strictly outdoors can finish anytime, and id probably just let nature do its thing. I know id have to give around 12wks for the Rhino and that probably be the one strain that takes the longest. However all will be guerrilla grows and id probably go to check on them every 2-3 days maybe earlier if needed.
Do you have any particular strains that you think would be suitable for these conditions??

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: THCeeds Marijuana Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies