Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineThe_Centre
Male
I need a nice strain for my environment...
    #204966 - 03/12/09 09:46 AM (15 years, 1 month ago)

I have been growing from seeds my friend gave me from a plant that got hermi, it is AMAZING weed, even though it had tons of seeds in it (as the plant was hanging upside down, if you touched it, hundreds of seeds would fall, even 3 months later (he never trimmed or cured it, just hung it upside down in a shed, we liked to have one plant where you could just walk over and pick a bud.) after THOUSANDS have fallen out, touch it, even slightly, at least 10 fell, and then you still have 10 seeds per gram left in there.), it was still pretty potent and the high is godly. So I know this strain has amazing potential, but next season, I want to get the best genetics I can find.

Now, I grow outdoors. I grow in pots, just outside of the room I am in right now. It gets all the attention any indoor grow with an obsessed grower will ever get. I'd like a sativa dominant plant, that is quite potent, and with enough indica phenotype so that it grows dense, but also enough sativa that through a whole season in optimum conditions it can get 6ft+.
I live in a VERY mild climate (second most mild in the world to be exact, second to hawaii. Garden Route, Mossel Bay, South Africa.

I have to grow enough to supply me, my friend, his brother (He smokes A LOT, I'll have to dedicate 10 6fters just for him.), and his mother.

My friend grows, but he just moved and is just finishing a few 6ft plants, but he doesn't have a spot with enough sunlight to grow a plant, good thing his plants are 2-5 weeks from harvest (one is 2-3 weeks from harvest, and the rest is 4-5 weeks, there is one that hasn't started to flower yet, but it is 6ft tall and you can't see more than 1/2 an inch into it, as it is REALLY dense. It is getting a little sick though, as it only gets a few hours of direct sunlight. It should flower any moment now.

So, now, since he can't grow anymore, I have to take over the grow. I am willing to take a bigger risk than he did (he never cultivated more than 10 plants, which means he ends up with 5 females.) and grow a bigger grow, because I have a much more secure grow area. (His plants where in sight from the road, you just have to look. He also sold his house with them there. I was like WTF DUDE!!! HIDE THE GODDAMN PLANTS BEFORE YOU BRING PEOPLE INTO YOUR HOUSE!!!!)

Then he drove all the way, past 3 cop cars (I was in the car, helping them with the move, and I saw the cops, I almost had a heart attack.) through the main town towards where they where going to live, with a black bag over the plants, which fell of in about 2 minutes, so basically he rode through the whole city with a 6  plants in plain view and he STILL didn't get busted.

If they got pulled over...

--------------------
Current Grow, backyard outdoor.

Backyard Grow

It is just you out there, there is nothing to fear, as it is all just you. Displeasure and fear is an illusion, love is the only truth...

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineAngus
Trailer Park Supervisor
Male

Loc: Middle east coast
Re: I need a nice strain for my environment... [Re: The_Centre]
    #209871 - 03/29/09 01:06 AM (15 years, 24 days ago)

Almost any TGA seed will work well for your environment. Vortex and especially Jack the Ripper and anything with JTR or JC in its parentage.

http://www.breedbay.co.uk/auction/categories.php?category=Beans&parent=315

Neither listed now but in the next day or two they'll relist again and you may get a good buyout.

--------------------
I used to grow pot.  I still do grow pot, but I used to grow it too.
*Seedsharer*
You got my cheez whiz, boy?

Offline81renaissance
Coachella '13 KKOTY
Male

Loc: State of Mind Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: I need a nice strain for my environment... [Re: Angus]
    #209908 - 03/29/09 09:55 AM (15 years, 24 days ago)

Arjan's Haze plants (Greenhouse Seeds) were bred specifically to be bushy Sativa's and I've heard great things about the high.
You could also check out Amnesia Haze from Soma (seed boutique carries 5 packs for 65 dollars) which is supposed to be incredible.
Finally, if cost is an issue I recommend Mandala seeds...lots of landrace genetics stabilized  that create great strains and are generally only $20 per ten pack.  Look at the Mandala site to see which strain would suit your needs.
These are typically indoor plants, but should do fine outside with the amount of care you say you can give them.

--------------------
"So it goes."
-Kurt Vonnegut

BlueBerry_Swisher said:I want French fries. No, I want a penis French. Thank you. I'm so excited. I can not contain myself. Now I eat chocolate. It is so good. I'm trying to rub it all over myself. And then lick. Now I need a hot shower. The end.

Edited by 81renaissance (03/29/09 09:56 AM)

OfflineThe_Centre
Male

Re: I need a nice strain for my environment... [Re: 81renaissance]
    #211143 - 04/01/09 01:10 PM (15 years, 21 days ago)

Quote:

81renaissance said:
Arjan's Haze plants (Greenhouse Seeds) were bred specifically to be bushy Sativa's and I've heard great things about the high.
You could also check out Amnesia Haze from Soma (seed boutique carries 5 packs for 65 dollars) which is supposed to be incredible.
Finally, if cost is an issue I recommend Mandala seeds...lots of landrace genetics stabilized  that create great strains and are generally only $20 per ten pack.  Look at the Mandala site to see which strain would suit your needs.
These are typically indoor plants, but should do fine outside with the amount of care you say you can give them.

I would KILL to have an Arjan's Haze #3, but DAMN they are expensive, I was thinking something that is like $30-$50.

I have thought a little and I would love something in the haze famaly, that also gives a good yeild. It can have a LITTLE indica in it, as long as it retains the high, as I am sure, that even if it is a plant that normally would grow 4-5ft, with a full season here (and by full season I mean I am planting them in winter under like 100watt cfl's, and growing them indoors till spring, and then bring them outdoors for the next 8 months till harvest, meaning a total of 10 months growing...) I would be able to push till 7-8ft.

--------------------
Current Grow, backyard outdoor.

Backyard Grow

It is just you out there, there is nothing to fear, as it is all just you. Displeasure and fear is an illusion, love is the only truth...

Offline81renaissance
Coachella '13 KKOTY
Male

Trusted Cultivator
Re: I need a nice strain for my environment... [Re: The_Centre]
    #211226 - 04/01/09 08:16 PM (15 years, 20 days ago)

I also think you'll find that wonder haze by reservoir seeds is fantastic...you'll find it on seedboutique as well as seedbay and it is only 50 bucks.

--------------------
"So it goes."
-Kurt Vonnegut

BlueBerry_Swisher said:I want French fries. No, I want a penis French. Thank you. I'm so excited. I can not contain myself. Now I eat chocolate. It is so good. I'm trying to rub it all over myself. And then lick. Now I need a hot shower. The end.

Invisiblecaptain.koons
Failed Botanist
Trusted Cultivator
Re: I need a nice strain for my environment... [Re: 81renaissance]
    #211238 - 04/01/09 08:52 PM (15 years, 20 days ago)

have you grown it?

--------------------

TROLLS NEED LOVE TOO!

Offline81renaissance
Coachella '13 KKOTY
Male

Trusted Cultivator
Re: I need a nice strain for my environment... [Re: captain.koons]
    #211394 - 04/02/09 07:11 AM (15 years, 20 days ago)

No just smoked it, its a long finisher (sativa) but if you use LST it'll bush somewhat...this is what the grower did that I knew. 
The smoke is where its at though, fantastic sativa.  Very heady, clean, powerful high.

--------------------
"So it goes."
-Kurt Vonnegut

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck