Home | Community | Message Board

High Mountain Gold Compost
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineTheblobmanyeah
Stranger
Weird lookin yellow spotted leaves
    #703510 - 12/30/13 09:19 PM (10 years, 2 months ago)

Hydro Growers:
1. Are you growing from seed or clones?

clone

2. How old are your plants?

day 30 flower

3. How tall are your plants?

4 foot

4. What type of hydro system are you using?

NFT experimental (one plant)

5. What brand/type of nutrients are you using?

Grow big hydro, big bloom, tiger bloom, FF schedule

6. What is the Ph of your nutrient solution?

7. What is the PPM/EC of your tap water?

8. What is the PPM/EC of your nutrient solution?

9. What is the temperature of your nutrient solution?

62 F

10. Does your PPM/EC show a rise or fall when you do your daily PPM check?

Rise

11. Does your pH show a rise or fall when you do your daily check?

fall

12. Do you foliar feed or spray your plants with anything?

no

13. What kind of lights do you use and how many watts combined? (HPS, MH, fluorescent, halogen, incandescent "plant lights")

600w HPS x1 75%

14. How close are your lights to the plants?

9 inches (strain has tolerated this in the past)

15. What size is your grow space in square feet?

4 feet x 6 feet

16. What is the temperature and humidity in your grow space?

t-77 h-44%
17. Have you noticed any insect activity in your grow space?

not a single bug

18. How much experience do you have growing?

Not very much

Thank you to all that are helpful!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleHawksresurrection
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Weird lookin yellow spotted leaves [Re: Theblobmanyeah]
    #703513 - 12/30/13 09:23 PM (10 years, 2 months ago)

Well where is this happening on the plant?  Top?  Bottom?  Middle? 

First guess is your PPM is too high, you could also drop the pH just a bit.

--------------------
Dude she isn't as young as she use to be.

-niteowl

OfflineTheblobmanyeah
Stranger
Re: Weird lookin yellow spotted leaves [Re: Hawksresurrection]
    #703519 - 12/30/13 09:32 PM (10 years, 2 months ago)

Thanks hawk. These leaves were at the top of the plant. I usually run this strain around 1500 ppm and it seems to be ok with it. Im shocked cause its such a resilient strain. I am out of town though and the photo was taken by my caretaker.

User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #703536 - 12/30/13 10:25 PM (10 years, 2 months ago)

Then are you sure your caretaker is doing everything correctly? 

It looks like K def to me, but I don't have my reference material in front of me right now.  Flush out your res, and start at 800 ppm

--------------------

-niteowl

OfflineTheblobmanyeah
Stranger
    #703765 - 12/31/13 01:57 PM (10 years, 2 months ago)

Thank you!

OfflineTheblobmanyeah
Stranger
    #703856 - 12/31/13 10:32 PM (10 years, 2 months ago)

So turns out it was a cal mag thing...my tap water comes in at 44 ppm so i doubled the tap water in the res and phed everything out and the plant has not shown any new signs of trouble as of yet.

User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #703867 - 12/31/13 10:51 PM (10 years, 2 months ago)

This is the typical cal/mag def.  http://boards.cannabis.com/attachments/hydroponics/225985d1251244593-magnesium-deficiency-mayday2-034.jpg

Did you get an analysis of what composes those 44 PPM?  44 really isn't much.

--------------------

-niteowl

InvisiblephychotronM
Medicated

Loc: Earth (mostly) Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #703913 - 01/01/14 01:19 PM (10 years, 2 months ago)

Isn't 1100 ppm a bit high for plants to keep taking over the long term? I know my plants can't take it. You say you 'doubled' the water and now the plants are starting to do better, so basically you diluted the nutrients down? Try giving it a break for a few days at a lower ppm and see how it responds. Its hard to say what is happening there, looks like a combination of things.

Your tap has a low ppm, so I would recommend getting a Cal/Mg suppliment and adding about 100 ppm of that first, then adding your nutrients. Just to make sure you've got it covered.

How stable is your pH? without much Cal/Mg the pH is more prone to fluctuations. 

Some of the shade leaves can take some abuse like that and still have very nice buds, they just age and the plant takes nutrients from the shade as needed. as long as the bulk of the plant is healthy a few of those reserve shade leaves can take the hit. They mostly come from the bottom, but can also be at the top later in flower. Just got to make sure the problem isn't spreading too fast that the plant won't make it to the end.

--------------------
Any help given is for educational purposes only. Its your responsibility not to break any applicable laws
Bamboo Bongs I make | Perfect Dry and Cure | Grapegod under LED
“Human beings, vegetables, or cosmic dust, we all dance to a mysterious tune intoned in the distance by an invisible player.” ~ Albert Einstein

OfflineTheblobmanyeah
Stranger
Re: Weird lookin yellow spotted leaves [Re: phychotron]
    #704359 - 01/03/14 08:41 PM (10 years, 2 months ago)

Great post my friend you nailed it. I just got back and am how shall we say, cleaning up. Though I suppose in the world of caretakers having one that keeps the plants alive is ok.

Doubling the tap water was for three reasons, 1 get as much cal and mag into the res as possible, 2 dilute the nutrients half strength with intent to relieve stress and allow the plant to recover, 3 keep it simple for the caretaker.

I picked up some botanicare cal mag the second i got some and mixed it in at 2ml/gal.

Good way of illustrating the fan leafs natural defense in "taking the hit". Right away I noticed how great the rest of the plant looked minus a few of the larger older fans.

Although ph was reasonable the time i was away it turns out my cal mag was so late stage it was causing a lockout, as seen by the K def pointed out by hawksapprentice.

All is well. Thanks again. :rasta:

OfflineTheblobmanyeah
Stranger
    #704362 - 01/03/14 08:44 PM (10 years, 2 months ago)

Just got home and took a look at some of the leaves that werent so k def'd out and they look exactly like tthe one in the picture attached to the link above.

salute

InvisibleSacajaGanja
Beer
Male

#710199 - 01/28/14 08:09 AM (10 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Theblobmanyeah said:
Great post my friend you nailed it. I just got back and am how shall we say, cleaning up. Though I suppose in the world of caretakers having one that keeps the plants alive is ok.

Doubling the tap water was for three reasons, 1 get as much cal and mag into the res as possible, 2 dilute the nutrients half strength with intent to relieve stress and allow the plant to recover, 3 keep it simple for the caretaker.

I picked up some botanicare cal mag the second i got some and mixed it in at 2ml/gal.

Good way of illustrating the fan leafs natural defense in "taking the hit". Right away I noticed how great the rest of the plant looked minus a few of the larger older fans.

Although ph was reasonable the time i was away it turns out my cal mag was so late stage it was causing a lockout, as seen by the K def pointed out by hawksapprentice.

All is well. Thanks again. :rasta:

You can say that again - my "caretaker" didn't realize to check the plants to see if they needed just some simple WATER, now I have one girl in my grow cab and am stuck waiting for that one girl when I was expecting 3. Yep just had to water them, the excuse was you said they should be good for most of the time you were gone... Time for a new caretaker when I am out of town.

~Skunk

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies