Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   OlympusMyco.com Olympus Myco All-in-One Grow Bags

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinefucktheuniverse
Stranger
Seedling problems (yellow-ing leaves)
    #458143 - 08/11/10 06:44 AM (13 years, 8 months ago)

This is my first indoor grow. I've got 3 of each strains: White Widow & Master Kush at the moment. They're about 3 weeks old, germinated them in coir, after about 2 weeks (without stretching) they weren't really going anywhere so in the last week in the new medium they're starting to grow however the developing leaves are turning yellow (and now basically white).

I've searched and can't really come up with an answer, I've never had these issues before (outdoors)... I have no experience growing indoors, hopefully I'm making a typical newb mistake heh. Any advice would really be appreciated, I'm hoping they're worth saving.

1. Growing from seed.
2. About 3 weeks.
3. As seen in the photos.
4. In photos, smallest size available at the local nursery (sort of the next size up from peat/jiffy pots).
5. Mix is standard 'premium potting mix', about 30 percent Perlite and a touch of Verm.
6. Watering when the medium dries up... Maybe every 3-4 days using tap water.
7. Standard tap water.
8. Haven't used any fertilizer yet...
9. No foliar feed.
10. Using a single 130 watt CFL.
11. 10-15cm... (4-6inch)
12. Grow space is about 4-5 square feet
13. The temps are around 20c (70f), humidity 35.
14. Convenient enough, my pH meter died...
15. No insects...
16. 1 successful outdoor grow, first time indoors.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinegrod31
Ranger
 User Gallery

Re: Seedling problems (yellow-ing leaves) [Re: fucktheuniverse]
    #458147 - 08/11/10 07:52 AM (13 years, 8 months ago)

they probably want some nutes
and or ph adjusted water.

--------------------
DO NOT USE mushmagic.com- THEY LIE AND SELL DRUGS TO CHILDREN :thumbdown:
--------------------------------------------------
Back the tape up.  I need it again!
Let it roll!  Just as high as the fucker can go! 
And when it comes to that fantastic note
where the rabbit bites its own head off,
I want you to THROW THAT FUCKING
RADIO INTO THE TUB WITH ME!
    Not me.  It would blast you through
the wall stone dead in ten seconds and they'd make me explain.

Offlinecritik
Closet Monsters!
Male User Gallery

Re: Seedling problems (yellow-ing leaves) [Re: grod31]
    #458371 - 08/11/10 04:44 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

Tap water is what you shouldn't be using get your self some distilled water maybe it needs a flush but most likley I think its your Ph.

There is holes in the bottom of those containers right

--------------------

"you know, when you want something really bad and you close your eyes and you wish for it? God's the guy that ignores you"
"I got something that will fit in that hole... its right here in my pocket"
"Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?"

Offlinefucktheuniverse
Stranger
Re: Seedling problems (yellow-ing leaves) [Re: critik]
    #458662 - 08/12/10 05:59 AM (13 years, 8 months ago)

pH issues seem to make sense... All I have on me is limitus-paper, not ideal, but I tested the tap water and it's around a pH of 8 which seems to be a real issue... So I mixed up some mild nutes & water lowered to somewhere around 6-7. Hit half the plants with it and I'll see how they respond. Will get some distilled water tomorrow and flush the others.

Cheers for the advice.

Offlinecritik
Closet Monsters!
Male User Gallery

#459404 - 08/13/10 01:38 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

Yea doo that good luck get back at us

--------------------

"you know, when you want something really bad and you close your eyes and you wish for it? God's the guy that ignores you"
"I got something that will fit in that hole... its right here in my pocket"
"Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?"

OfflinegeokillsA
······· º¿° ·······
Male User Gallery

Loc: city of angels
Trusted Cultivator
    #459452 - 08/13/10 03:23 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

Beginning a light nutrient regiment and making sure the pH of your water is somewhere in the vicinity of 6.5 - 7.0 is a good start.  I'll also note that your potting soil looks pretty horrendous.  Way too many clunky wood chips and large perlite stones; which makes for a porous soil that probably won't provide good water/nutrient retention, nor strong support for the root structure.

You want a loamy soil with more clay, sand and decomposed organics.  In other words something that doesn't look so much like rocky road and is a little more homogeneous (mixed of smaller equal-sized components).  It should feel spongy if you pick up a ball of it, not hard and woody.  It should not be a thick mud, but should instead hold the moisture and retain its shape if you grab a fistful of it after watering and squeeze the water out.

--------------------
Do Your Part!

--------------------

Offlinefucktheuniverse
Stranger
Re: Seedling problems (yellow-ing leaves) [Re: geokills]
    #459805 - 08/14/10 04:23 AM (13 years, 8 months ago)

Yeah, I wasn't too happy about the condition of the soil when I opened the bag, but a friend of mine had success using the same stuff... Anyway, changed it up to peat moss/cow manure/finer grade perlite/small amount of spent coffee & a light touch of lime (really all I have from the shroom side of things)... Reading up, it should help keep things mildly acidic, flushed it with pH neutral water. Hopefully there's no issues with shock from transplanting them again but I'll post if there's some success (or not). Thanks for the comment.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   OlympusMyco.com Olympus Myco All-in-One Grow Bags