Home | Community | Message Board

Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineBeta Squirrel
Stranger

yellow spots and tips plus tacos... first timer but organized and with pics ;)
    #609819 - 02/19/12 07:25 AM (12 years, 1 month ago)

1. Are you growing from seed or clones? clones
2. How old are your plants? idk but ive had em for 6 days
3. How tall are your plants? 4 strains between 6-12 inches
4. What size containers are they planted in? 3gal
5. What is your soil mix? 5 parts plain potting soil/1 parts miraclegro organic 2-3 month formula
6. How often do you water and what type of water do you use? ive watered 3x in 6 days... day 1- 1/2 litre tap water  in each pot-day 3 i put 1 litre of tap water + 1/4 dose of calmag and 1/4 dose veg formula into each pot -day 5 1.5 liters tap h2o per pot and 1/2 doses of the 2 nutes i mentioned...(prob a mistake) :frown:
7. What is the pH of your water? my ph tester says not to submerge in water but watered soil was at about 5.5 so i added 5 ml white vinegar to day 5 water/feeding
8. What kind of fertilizer do you use and what is its NPK ratio? 10-5-5 at 1/5th strength
9. Do you foliar feed or spray your plants with anything? ive lightly  sprayed once with tobbaco tea
10. What kind of lights do you use and how many watts combined? (HPS, MH, fluorescent, halogen, incandescent "plant lights")1000w mh in a fan cooled glass tube.
11. How close are your lights to the plants? 24inches
12. What size is your grow space in square feet? 5x5x7
13. What is the temperature and humidity in your grow space? temp 74/RH 35%-45%
14. What is the pH of the soil? was 5.25 now its 5.75
15. Have you noticed any insect activity in your grow space? not yet
16. How much experience do you have growing? 1st time

okay i know every noobs got yellow leaves but they all look different from mine...help...what have i done?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineMiscusi
Grade 10
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Sunnyvale Trailer Park, C... Flag
Re: yellow spots and tips plus tacos... first timer but organized and with pics ;) [Re: Beta Squirrel]
    #609821 - 02/19/12 09:28 AM (12 years, 1 month ago)

What you fed them was way too HOT.  That looks like nute burn/high acidity (ph).  Flush them with clean pure h2o.  Then give them 3-5 days to recover.

--------------------

"You cant arrest me, im high I cant understand my rights!"

Nanook said:
" People learn differently. Some can observe and gather what they need, others need to do it and experience all the options. One of those options being: burning down a mini fridge. "

Anything posted by me related to cultivation or illegal activities is purely fictional. It is intended for educational or entertainment purposes only.

Please help support the fight for Medical Marijuana in Florida

InvisibleHawksresurrection
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: yellow spots and tips plus tacos... first timer but organized and with pics ;) [Re: Miscusi]
    #609860 - 02/19/12 02:34 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

1.  Your over watering.  3 times in 1 week is WAY too much for the size of those plants.
2.  They don't need shit for nutrients at that size.  You burnt the crap out of em.
3.  You shouldn't use time release nutes unless you already know what your doing.  And anything miracle grow sucks ass.
4.  You don't have a pH tester for your watering solution.  :facepalm:

You have 2 options. 

Option 1.  Buy a water pH tester, and flush the ever living shit out of your containers with pH balanced water.  I'm talking at least 15 gallons of water per container.

Option 2.  This one is a little riskier, but it's what I would do.  Get a 5 gallon bucket, fill it with room temperature water.  Take each plant out of it's container, and try to separate the roots from from as much of the soil as possible.  BE VERY GENTLE DOING THIS.  Take your time with it.  Don't rush. 

Once you have the plant free from the majority of the soil transplant it back into a container with new potting soil.  That potting soil being Fox Farms Ocean Forest potting soil.

Yes this will stress the plant out, but they will survive it.  I've done it before under some other messed up circumstances. 

Your choice.

--------------------
Dude she isn't as young as she use to be.

-niteowl

OfflineMiscusi
Grade 10
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: yellow spots and tips plus tacos... first timer but organized and with pics ;) [Re: Hawksresurrection]
    #609869 - 02/19/12 03:31 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

hawksapprentice said:
1.  Your over watering.  3 times in 1 week is WAY too much for the size of those plants.
2.  They don't need shit for nutrients at that size.  You burnt the crap out of em.
3.  You shouldn't use time release nutes unless you already know what your doing.  And anything miracle grow sucks ass.
4.  You don't have a pH tester for your watering solution.  :facepalm:

You have 2 options. 

Option 1.  Buy a water pH tester, and flush the ever living shit out of your containers with pH balanced water.  I'm talking at least 15 gallons of water per container.

Option 2.  This one is a little riskier, but it's what I would do.  Get a 5 gallon bucket, fill it with room temperature water.  Take each plant out of it's container, and try to separate the roots from from as much of the soil as possible.  BE VERY GENTLE DOING THIS.  Take your time with it.  Don't rush. 

Once you have the plant free from the majority of the soil transplant it back into a container with new potting soil.  That potting soil being Fox Farms Ocean Forest potting soil.

Yes this will stress the plant out, but they will survive it.  I've done it before under some other messed up circumstances. 

Your choice.

I did option two on my smallest girl yesterday, She went to a hempy bucket tho :wink:

--------------------

Nanook said:
" People learn differently. Some can observe and gather what they need, others need to do it and experience all the options. One of those options being: burning down a mini fridge. "

Anything posted by me related to cultivation or illegal activities is purely fictional. It is intended for educational or entertainment purposes only.

OfflineBeta Squirrel
Stranger

Re: yellow spots and tips plus tacos... first timer but organized and with pics ;) [Re: Miscusi]
    #609891 - 02/19/12 06:31 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

thanks everyone :smile:

heres whats going on...i did these things this morning before anyone answered back :frown:

i pulled everyone out and ran 3-4 liters through EVERY pot until i started to have pretty good runoff. an hour later everyone was looking better.i have to walk my water(stealthily!!!) to my growroom so running 12 gallons of water through each pot isnt really possible w/o walking across my property with a 5 gallon water bucket 51 times.i spent my last $18 at home depot so im TOTALLY broke until the 1st. this is triage, fellas.these clones kind of fell into my lap and i know im a little unprepared but this is the hand ive been dealt and im doing my best.i also found my first spider-mites. just 3-4 mites(1 leaf) and no webs or eggs that i could find.plucked that leaf and a couple tacos that just looked dead and sprayed entire plants with tobbacco tea and a healthy dose of insecticidal soap. if i had money i would start from scratch with nothing but the best soils etc but thats just not whats going on in my life.i raised light 2 inches and increased ventilation which lowered my room temp from 74 to 73. i will walk all that water out there in the middle of the night (i have roomates that have NO idea...im the landlord but i dont want them to know)if thats what its gonna take but i thought i'd better update everyone before i do so. thanks guys!!! ill be anxiously awaiting all further input

OfflineMiscusi
Grade 10
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: yellow spots and tips plus tacos... first timer but organized and with pics ;) [Re: Beta Squirrel]
    #609905 - 02/19/12 07:36 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Beta Squirrel said:
thanks everyone :smile:

heres whats going on...i did these things this morning before anyone answered back :frown:

i pulled everyone out and ran 3-4 liters through EVERY pot until i started to have pretty good runoff. an hour later everyone was looking better.i have to walk my water(stealthily!!!) to my growroom so running 12 gallons of water through each pot isnt really possible w/o walking across my property with a 5 gallon water bucket 51 times.i spent my last $18 at home depot so im TOTALLY broke until the 1st. this is triage, fellas.these clones kind of fell into my lap and i know im a little unprepared but this is the hand ive been dealt and im doing my best.i also found my first spider-mites. just 3-4 mites(1 leaf) and no webs or eggs that i could find.plucked that leaf and a couple tacos that just looked dead and sprayed entire plants with tobbacco tea and a healthy dose of insecticidal soap. if i had money i would start from scratch with nothing but the best soils etc but thats just not whats going on in my life.i raised light 2 inches and increased ventilation which lowered my room temp from 74 to 73. i will walk all that water out there in the middle of the night (i have roomates that have NO idea...im the landlord but i dont want them to know)if thats what its gonna take but i thought i'd better update everyone before i do so. thanks guys!!! ill be anxiously awaiting all further input

Better invest in a charcoal filter :lol:

--------------------

Nanook said:

User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #609920 - 02/19/12 08:09 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

That sounds all right.  But you have to be making sure that the water you putting through those pots are pH balanced.  If they're not then you could just be fucking them up even more

--------------------

-niteowl

OfflineBeta Squirrel
Stranger

Re: yellow spots and tips plus tacos... first timer but organized and with pics ;) [Re: Hawksresurrection]
    #609927 - 02/19/12 08:30 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

thank you so much guys...in the morning ill take a mason jar of my tap water to my grow shop and have them ph test it for me.at least then ill know :frown: on a positive note ph of soil is up to 6.25...thats better right?

Offlinebudgrowerwannabe
Bum fighter
Male User Gallery

#609967 - 02/20/12 06:47 AM (12 years, 30 days ago)

I always have mine at6.5 plus you can get a ph testr  cheap

OfflineBeta Squirrel
Stranger

Re: yellow spots and tips plus tacos... first timer but organized and with pics ;) [Re: budgrowerwannabe]
    #610004 - 02/20/12 05:21 PM (12 years, 30 days ago)

ok. so my tap water ph is 6.5...therefore,it must be a combo of nuteburn and overwatering, right?

User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #610019 - 02/20/12 10:16 PM (12 years, 29 days ago)

Yup!!!

--------------------

-niteowl

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck