Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinepha3r0
Stranger

yellow spots, purple stems, curly leaves [solved]
    #362218 - 02/11/10 10:58 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

This is effecting 2 of the clones pretty clearly and one other is starting to have the leaves curl under like the others. I checked it against the pics dutc2006 posted and came up with phosphorus deficiency but it doesn't match 100% and using the plant problem solver I couldn't find something that fit well. So here's my checklist and some pics let me know what you think.

1. Are you growing from seed or clones? Clones
2. How old are your plants? ~1month
3. How tall are your plants? 6-8inches
4. What size containers are they planted in? 2ltr bottles
5. What is your soil mix? MG organic with perlite
6. How often do you water and what type of water do you use? water every 2-4 days when pots are light, distilled water only
7. What is the pH of your water? 7? its distilled should be
8. What kind of fertilizer do you use and what is its NPK ratio? Zamzows Thrive 4-1-3
9. Do you foliar feed or spray your plants with anything? No
10. What kind of lights do you use and how many watts combined? (HPS, MH, fluorescent, halogen, incandescent "plant lights") 4x 14w 6500k CFL's
11. How close are your lights to the plants? ~3 inches
12. What size is your grow space in square feet? 2x2x4
13. What is the temperature and humidity in your grow space? 65-80deg 20-30%RH
14. What is the pH of the soil? 6.8-7
15. Have you noticed any insect activity in your grow space? none
16. How much experience do you have growing? 1 plant in flower and these

These pics are from yesterday today a couple of the lower leaves have got yellow blotches or dark blotches on them.

--------------------
"The proverb warns that, "You should not bite the hand that feeds you." But maybe you should, if it prevents you from feeding yourself."
- Thomas Szasz

"if you arent good with electricity dont go touching it...ive electrocuted myself twice...its no fun"
- mhbound

Edited by pha3r0 (02/18/10 10:02 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleHarry_Ba11sachM
cannoisseur
 User Gallery

Loc: Nepal Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: yellow spots, purple stems, curly leaves [Re: pha3r0]
    #362221 - 02/11/10 11:05 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

hmm.... the curling looks like overwatering to me. I would say overfeeding as well but it looks like you're not giving them any nutrients? that could explain the yellowing too... maybe too much water and not enough food, sounds like it could cause both of those symptoms at the same time.

--------------------

OfflineIntegra21
Up and coming Farmer

Trusted Cultivator
Re: yellow spots, purple stems, curly leaves [Re: Harry_Ba11sach]
    #362225 - 02/11/10 11:09 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

I agree with harry. Do you have holes drilled in the bottom of your bottles to allow the extra water to run off and the soil to dry properly? It looks like over watering.

Offlinepha3r0
Stranger

#362229 - 02/11/10 11:16 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

They have all gotten some food but its not terribly strong stuff and it was a half strength mix. It could of built up though I think he has watered them a couple or few times with the mix with no fresh water in between. The spots showed up quick also as I think back they weren't visible at all 2 days ago just leaf curling.

Think some fresh water and then let them dry out good would be a good route to go? or just wait and give them fresh water when they need it?

Yes there are ample holes in the 2ltr's but that raises one other question he doesn't normally run off much when he's watering. How critical is that I hear people say you should.

--------------------
"The proverb warns that, "You should not bite the hand that feeds you." But maybe you should, if it prevents you from feeding yourself."
- Thomas Szasz

"if you arent good with electricity dont go touching it...ive electrocuted myself twice...its no fun"
- mhbound

InvisibleHarry_Ba11sachM
cannoisseur
 User Gallery

Loc: Nepal Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #362230 - 02/11/10 11:21 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

I would give them a good flush next time you water, but wait like 3-4 days from now to do that. they definitely don't need any more food right now.

--------------------

Offlinepha3r0
Stranger

#362232 - 02/11/10 11:40 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

alrighty will do thanks harry, again :laugh:

--------------------
- Thomas Szasz

- mhbound

Offlinepha3r0
Stranger

#367226 - 02/18/10 10:01 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Thing are looking up now. gave a good flush on the 13th and moved them back inside to his closet after reading the diagnosis section for cold stress.

The box has been around 70deg but the air moving through it is as low as 54 I realized and many of the leaves felt cold to the touch. I really need to find my IR temp gun prolly would of realized the temp issue if i was able to take readings off the leaves and such.

--------------------
- Thomas Szasz

- mhbound

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck