Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Green Vein Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinetrichome
THC
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Yellow Specks
    #310016 - 11/04/09 09:26 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Hi all,
I have several plants 5 weeks into flower of an unknown strain under a 400w hps + a couple cfl's on the sides.  Nutrients are Cornucopia's "Advantage Bloom" and "Necessary Plant Energy", and Superthrive.  pH is unknown, watered with neutral tap water and the nutrients are buffered (i think).  Recently yellow spots and yellow leaf veins have been appearing on three of the plants.  The problem seems to be progressing, and only on some of the plants, the others are doing just fine.  Aside from the yellowing spots and necrosis, the plants are otherwise fine.  All the plants receive the same treatment, are of the same unknown strain, temp: 75-85, humidity ~30%, in 2-gallon soil pots (too small).  All plants are hermie (unstable strain) if that makes any difference.  Here are pics of two of the troubled ladies.

and a picture of the goods @ week 5

Here's an overview of the garden (2' x 3')

--------------------
:baggy::arabs::baggy:

Edited by trichome (11/04/09 09:35 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinetrichome
THC
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Yellow Specks [Re: trichome]
    #310289 - 11/05/09 11:38 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

On closer inspection, it seems the problem is affecting about 50% of my plants.  I suspect the problem is overfertilization and/or pH causing nutrient lock up.  I flushed the plants with plain water; I'll post the results.

--------------------

InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #310338 - 11/05/09 02:07 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

It looks kind of like a potassium deficiency.

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

:growingweed: Join us at the Growery! :growingweed:

Offline81renaissance
Coachella '13 KKOTY
Male

Loc: State of Mind Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Yellow Specks [Re: Magash]
    #310731 - 11/05/09 09:08 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

I was at a loss on this one...is a K def. usually marked by yellow veins like that?
I've seen the hyper green veins on a yellow leaf in a Mag def. but nothing the other way around.

--------------------
"So it goes."
-Kurt Vonnegut

BlueBerry_Swisher said:I want French fries. No, I want a penis French. Thank you. I'm so excited. I can not contain myself. Now I eat chocolate. It is so good. I'm trying to rub it all over myself. And then lick. Now I need a hot shower. The end.

InvisibleHawksresurrection
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #310741 - 11/05/09 09:15 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

You have no idea what the pH of the water you've been giving them is??  You really should get even like a little 10 dollar pH reader man. 

If you're not at the proper pH it's going to throw the whole system out of whack.  pH is extremely important for you plants to be able to regulate nutrients appropriately. 

Here's a way to try and grasp how important and how delicate your pH is.  The system we use to represent pH doesn't really give us a realistic impression of the extent to which the acidity or alkalinity has change in the soil.  One full point on the scale is really a tenfold difference in the acidity or alkalinity of your water/soil.  This is huge. 

So I would say that before you start trying to correct the signs of nutrient deficiencies/toxicities you should flush your plants with pH balanced water.  The start watering with your nutrient solution making sure it has an appropriate pH balance.

--------------------
Dude she isn't as young as she use to be.

-niteowl

Edited by Hawksresurrection (11/05/09 09:16 PM)

User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Yellow Specks [Re: Hawksresurrection]
    #310758 - 11/05/09 09:20 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

And I do agree with the K deficiency that Magash stated.  I'm also curious if they are getting a bit heat stressed as well.  What are your temps at?  Do you know what the readings are when the lights are off as well??

--------------------

-niteowl

Offlinetrichome
THC
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Yellow Specks [Re: Hawksresurrection]
    #316668 - 11/16/09 04:12 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

what's the easiest was to add potassium?  I'm using a 2-1.5-2 ratio bloom fertilizer containing potassium phosphate & potassium nitrate, wouldn't this provide adequate k?  i haven't tested the pH after adding ferts (supposedly neutral), but the tap water is 7.0 (+/- .2).  I may have been adding too much superthrive, up to a half capful per gallon (should've used a drop or two).  Temps are about 70 degrees at night, 76-82 with lights on.

The yellowing and necrosis continued after flushing and refertilizing.  The pots are small relative to plant size, I'm thinking they might be rootbound?  I have to water at least every other day or the leaves begin severe wilting.  The plants are 2+ feet in 2 gallon pots (cheapo kmart soil + perlite).

--------------------

User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #316954 - 11/16/09 08:00 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

You ALWAYS want to test your pH after you add your nutes.  If you don't do this then you have no idea what pH your giving your plants.  On top of that 7 is a little high.

You need to get your pH figured out before you proceed with anything.  Some nutes can change your pH drastically. 

How much h2o did you flush your plants with??  How long did you wait before adding more nute rich h20??  Did you got right back to the same amount that you were using before??

The temps aren't going to really be playing a role in this, it sounds like they're right where they should be. 

So at this point, check your pH after you add nutes and let us know what it is.

--------------------

-niteowl

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Green Vein Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains