Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   North Spore Boomr Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineptsdme13
Stranger
stunted / slow plants yellowing lower leaves
    #599794 - 12/05/11 08:34 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

I started to grow mj plants in a cold environment with too many nutes and then changed to indoors under the same 400 watt metal halide and sodium lights. Flushed all the plants with clear water most appear healthy but all seem to have yellowing lower leaves and are not growing. I started some new plants indoors and they are going gangbuster so it is evident that the others have some problems. I transplanted the worst of them a inch inch and a half seedling with two sets of leaves the lower yellow into coco coir and perlite with a little dirt. All the plants are in coco and perlite no dirt. The new ones I started are in coco perlite with a little dirt and they like I said are doing well. This is a bubble bucket set up with huge lights on  block and tackle set up. Gymnasium type ballast and reflectors. When the weather warms I will start again in a 16 bucket pump system drip and drain. The roots of the transplanted seedling appeared brown with several white shoots. The largest is getting brown spots with yellowing lower leaves and stunted new lower growth. I have been using VF- 11 and plant starter B-1 a vitamin apparently as well as super thrive in small amounts. I am a former outdoor grower in the desert where I hand sewed seeds and monitored infrequently no fertilizer just lots of sun and water. Thousands of plant with a growing season of 5 and a half months so this chemistry stuff is all new to me. I have ordered a ph meter and tds meter. I have been using these worthless aquarium strips from walmart where the lowest ph is 6.2. Men are also color blind it appears I have to ask a female to interpret the colors on the strips.  I have now started to put one tablespoon per gallon of only VF-11 and 1 fourth t spoon superthrive in these buckets. They have plenty of air as they are on a oxygen machine as well as small air pumps. Any advice will help as I have been reading every thing I can find on hydro and a lot of it conflicts with each other. thanks.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineDimo114
Ranger
Male User Gallery

Loc: White House
Re: stunted / slow plants yellowing lower leaves [Re: ptsdme13]
    #599801 - 12/05/11 10:24 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Dont know much about hydro, but usually, stunned growth+yellowing lower leafs=N defficiency

Offlinephrostbyte
Hydro Grower

Re: stunted / slow plants yellowing lower leaves [Re: Dimo114]
    #599866 - 12/05/11 07:39 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

when it comes to hydro a digital ph and tds meter is really a must.  The plants may be stunted because of stress from changing there environment, unstable ph and nute lvls.    I have 3 small plants that only had about 2 large sets of leaves and a few branches starting.  I gave them water with a much too high ph by mistake.  within an hour they were very wilted and unhappy.  I ended up having to trim a few leaves as they curled over.  After that I flushed and corrected the issue.  It took these plants a week to bounce back and begin to start growing again. Then even when they did start growing again it was very slow until they got some larger leaves out.  Then the pace picked back up to where it was at before the problem.  Sometimes they just need time to recover.  Yet in your situation you have yellowing leaves.  My guess is a possible combination of being underfed or ph problems.  There's not a whole lot you can do until you get your meters. Once you get the meters you can make sure of the correct ph and nute lvls.  What size are your plants?  Can you upload any pictures?  How long until you get your meters?

Once you do get your meters you want to try to keep the plants at a steady ph lvl.  I set mine at 5.8.  I use 5 gal buckets so it will slightly rise over the day.  I usually don't have to drop it down for 2 days but sometimes it gets a little higher than I like.  With hydro if you make a mistake usually the plant will react within hours.  Then it can take a very long time to fix that mistake.  Yet if you do everything right you can get average growth of an inch a day.

Edited by phrostbyte (12/05/11 07:45 PM)

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   North Spore Boomr Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck