Home | Community | Message Board

High Mountain Gold Compost
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinear1es
Stranger
Yellow Leaves Diagnosis Please
    #563953 - 06/12/11 01:58 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

Soil Growers:
1. Are you growing from seed or clones?
seeds

2. How old are your plants?

5 months

3. How tall are your plants?

3-4 feet

4. What size containers are they planted in?

some in 3 gallons some in 5

5. What is your soil mix?

Happy Frog Potting Soil

6. How often do you water and what type of water do you use?

About every 3 days and am using the tap water

7. What is the pH of your water?

8. What kind of fertilizer do you use and what is its NPK ratio?

pure blend pro gro

9. Do you foliar feed or spray your plants with anything?

no

10. What kind of lights do you use and how many watts combined? (HPS, MH, fluorescent, halogen, incandescent "plant lights")

1000 MH

11. How close are your lights to the plants?

18" or so

12. What size is your grow space in square feet?

10x12

13. What is the temperature and humidity in your grow space?

78 degrees and 20% humidity

14. What is the pH of the soil?

dont know

15. Have you noticed any insect activity in your grow space?

no

16. How much experience do you have growing?

none

I inherited these plants from a friend that started them. He was busted for something else so I'm babysitting until he gets out. The plants are in a 10x12 room but they are all huddled up in the middle of the room. There are a couple boxfans on constantly, a exhaust fan hooked up to the hood of the light, and another fan with appopriate cfpm that is responsible for moving the air out of the room.

my buddy was only going out of town for a bit

while ive been watching them ive noticed

1. the plants directly under the light. the leaves started curling upward and turning brown, looked really dry

so i raised the lights a bit and that seemed to help out those plants

now

a lot of the other plants have yellowish leaves and im not sure why.

the tops of the plants look good but some of the lower leaves are turning yellow

i did not have the best watering techniques at first but since read how to do it correctly.

I was dumping a bunch of water at a time into the pots instead of a little bit at a time. dont know if this is causing some of the plants to yellow or not

plants are a little old because they were started using  cfls but when they looked a little wispy a HPS was purchased to beef them up a bit. now want to get them adjusted correctly before switching to bud

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinemuse42
Zomberrific

Loc: West Coast
Re: Yellow Leaves Diagnosis Please [Re: ar1es]
    #563960 - 06/12/11 02:32 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

7. What is the pH of your water?

Quote:

What is the pH of the soil?

This is where I would begin.  You need to know these 2 pieces of info.
Soil pH should be around 6.5.  I will add I have never used Happy Frog before, and I'm not sure what it is composed of, so maybe someone can back me up on the 6.5 for Happy Frog.

I also see that you are using tap water.  You for sure want to know the pH of that and also want to know the ppm of dissolved solids already in your water.

I think it was a good idea to raise the light, because it does look like heat was also getting to the plants.

Make sure your getting your temp reading at the top of your canopy for an accurate reading.

Those are going to be some big fucking plants.  I would flower soon!  They usually about double in size during flowering.

--------------------
It looks like it's going to be another Gravity Bong type day...

Edited by muse42 (06/12/11 02:33 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder