Home | Community | Message Board

Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleDeadkndys420
 User Gallery

Loc: █████
Trusted Cultivator
How bad are they?
    #701004 - 12/21/13 12:43 PM (10 years, 3 months ago)

So yesterday I come home to find my oscillating fan on the floor with the motor burned out.They looked sorta okay with some drooping leaves. I put in an 12 inch fan and on medium, about 2 feet away but apparently that wasn't enough as now most fan leaves and new growth has brown spots. But the smaller branches that are forming look fine and green. Now they turned browned maybe 4-5 hours after I put in the new fan so that tells me it was an air circulating problem. i am using a 400w aircooled MH that is 1.5 feet away

How bad did this mess them up? Do you guys think the new growth will still be able to grow?

Clone 1.

Clone 2.

Clone 3.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleHawksresurrection
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: How bad are they? [Re: Deadkndys420]
    #701028 - 12/21/13 01:40 PM (10 years, 3 months ago)

Air circulation wouldn't cause that.  Did your temps super high?

--------------------
Dude she isn't as young as she use to be.

-niteowl

InvisibleDeadkndys420
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: How bad are they? [Re: Hawksresurrection]
    #701035 - 12/21/13 01:45 PM (10 years, 3 months ago)

Well it was definitely warmer in there now then usual so I would say yes.

also that fan i replaced the broken one with wasn't that great. By that I meant "you" wont feel much of a current unless you are maybe a foot or so away. It was two feet away because that was as close as I could get it since ducting was in the way. That is part of the reason why I think that fan was an issue.

I have since removed it and put in a much better one.

User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #701070 - 12/21/13 02:13 PM (10 years, 3 months ago)

Fill out the questionairre for us

--------------------

-niteowl

InvisibleDeadkndys420
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #701073 - 12/21/13 02:29 PM (10 years, 3 months ago)

1. Are you growing from seed or clones?
clone

2. How old are your plants?
I bought them on the 30th, rooted in cubes.

3. How tall are your plants?
5-7 inches

4. What size containers are they planted in?
2 of them are in dixie cups and 1 is in a 6 in. by 6 in. pot.

5. What is your soil mix? Kelloggs (I had flushed the soil a 5-6  days ago as a few leaves were concerning)

6. How often do you water and what type of water do you use and how much you give per watering? Every 3 days until it is saturated

7. What is the pH of your water? 7

8. What kind of fertilizer do you use and what is its NPK ratio? none yet

9. Do you foliar feed or spray your plants with anything?no

10. What kind of lights do you use and how many watts combined? (HPS, MH, fluorescent, halogen, incandescent "plant lights")400w air cooled mh

11. How close are your lights to the plants?
1.5 feet
12. What size is your grow space in square feet?
2x3
13. What is the temperature and humidity in your grow space?
n/a
14. What is the pH of the soil?
they are all around 7.0
15. Have you noticed any insect activity in your grow space?just gnats

InvisibleDeadkndys420
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: How bad are they? [Re: Deadkndys420] * 1
    #701234 - 12/21/13 09:10 PM (10 years, 3 months ago)

:waitingpatiently:

InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #701262 - 12/21/13 09:50 PM (10 years, 3 months ago)

How hot did it get? To do that it had to be over 110f. I've seen plenty of plants in the sun in over 100f and they had no problems.

:happyweed:

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

:growingweed: Join us at the Growery! :growingweed:

InvisibleDeadkndys420
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: How bad are they? [Re: Magash]
    #701275 - 12/21/13 10:49 PM (10 years, 3 months ago)

I cant tell you how hot it was as my battery died in my hygrometer/thermometer.

But if I had to guess I would say it was 85-90

Edited by Deadkndys420 (12/21/13 11:08 PM)

InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #701310 - 12/22/13 12:22 AM (10 years, 3 months ago)

Has to be another reason the plants are fucked up then. Those temps wouldn't fuck up the plants. Did the fan possibly fall and blow on the plants for a while before it burnt out?

:fuckyeahdance:

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

InvisibleDeadkndys420
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #701441 - 12/22/13 09:21 AM (10 years, 3 months ago)

I guess its possible but the reason I think it was a fan issue is because they looked like that about 5 hours after I put in a new (shitty) fan to replace the broken one that fell.

InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #701456 - 12/22/13 10:49 AM (10 years, 3 months ago)

Well if there were no problems before it happened then that is what it has to be. :thumbup:

:thumbup:

--------------------

User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #701458 - 12/22/13 11:02 AM (10 years, 3 months ago)

But not having wind on a plant, shouldn't be causing any symptoms like this.  It just doesn't make any sense Mag.

--------------------

-niteowl

InvisiblephychotronM
Medicated

Loc: Earth (mostly) Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #701460 - 12/22/13 11:17 AM (10 years, 3 months ago)

I'm gonna guess multiple deficiencies, kinda looks like phosphorous but probably a few others. Judging the soil from the first photo it looks like someone just dug up some forest and threw it in a bag. Never used that brand but its probably something to do with that. You said you flushed because the leaf was looking concerning... what was so concerning and how much did you flush?

--------------------
Any help given is for educational purposes only. Its your responsibility not to break any applicable laws
Bamboo Bongs I make | Perfect Dry and Cure | Grapegod under LED
“Human beings, vegetables, or cosmic dust, we all dance to a mysterious tune intoned in the distance by an invisible player.” ~ Albert Einstein

InvisibleDeadkndys420
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: How bad are they? [Re: phychotron]
    #701461 - 12/22/13 11:34 AM (10 years, 3 months ago)

Some leaves showed some brown spots and one leaf on clone 1 was yellowing and eventually died off.

http://www.growery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/696714

Last time I flushed it was on the 15th or 16th.

And yes the soil is on the woody side.  "it's a blend of kelp meal, worm castings, bat guano, chicken manure and 'natural forest products"

InvisiblephychotronM
Medicated

Loc: Earth (mostly) Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #701467 - 12/22/13 12:18 PM (10 years, 3 months ago)

So they were looking healthy like normal clones, lower leaf dying like it always does because its the clones little nutrient reserve and you thought flushing would be needed? When the color lightens, its because the plant is taking nutrients from those leaves, especially when building roots from just stem and leaf. 

Burn starts in the very tips and ruffled edges, it doesn't make the plants slightly yellow. Moreover nutrient burn is not as common as it seems. Everyone is so afraid of it that they immediately think nutrient burn as soon as there is a problem with the plant. There might be one or two in excess, a few deficient, but the general idea is that your nutrient profile is off. A good soil should be able to make a young clone look like a healthy plant without any assistance.

pH might be a problem, woody soil tends to get acidic, but thats usually over time. It can drop you down to 4 if I remember correctly.

Spend some time playing around with tester plants. Take a few extra clones in the future and just abuse the hell out of the plants and watch what happens. Feed, don't feed, light feed, heavy feed, find out how they like it.

--------------------
Any help given is for educational purposes only. Its your responsibility not to break any applicable laws
Bamboo Bongs I make | Perfect Dry and Cure | Grapegod under LED
“Human beings, vegetables, or cosmic dust, we all dance to a mysterious tune intoned in the distance by an invisible player.” ~ Albert Einstein

InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #701471 - 12/22/13 12:51 PM (10 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

hawksapprentice said:
But not having wind on a plant, shouldn't be causing any symptoms like this.  It just doesn't make any sense Mag.

I don't think that it was from lack of wind I think that when the fan went down it was blowing directly on the plants up close and personal. May be windburn. I had it happen before but so long ago I'm not to sure what it looked like.

Plants were fine. Prob with the fan then a prob with the plants. When the fan prob is corrected and if he gets normal growth again then we'll know for sure. Just seems funny for any other problem to show it's head just as he's having this problem buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuut you never know. :crazy2:

:prettyflyforawhiteguy::happyweed::prettyflyforawhiteguy:

--------------------

OfflineHime
Stranger

#701515 - 12/22/13 04:50 PM (10 years, 3 months ago)

I believe I've had wind stress a few times on my plants. With a lot of wind the leaves usually began folding oddly.

With kellogs straight in the beginning I noticed a reading(with a shitty ph meter) of high 5's even after watering with 7.8 water... but that meter soon broke and only read 7's no matter what, so I wouldn't put to much into that. I've never had problems with it adding close to a tbsp. per gallon of dolomite lime though(well I have but it was due to other issues, Indonesian bat guano and high ph tap water).... never tried it without doing that(the lime that is).

Judging by the size of the plants and the way they look now, to my newb opinion it looks more like what I've experienced when ph turns to shit or with overwatering or a combination. I bought some rooted cubes on the 22nd and a month later they are huge... it seems like the conditions may have been off on those for a bit... that kellogs without any extra perlite or sand does seem to hold water for a long time

that batch looks exceptionally woody too... how big are your drain holes? it almost looks like a lot of the quality stuff got sieved out.. did you flush the soil before potting too?

--------------------
Livin, learnin, takin it easy :willynilly:

Edited by Hime (12/22/13 05:20 PM)

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck