Home | Community | Message Board

Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Mushroom-Hut Grow Bags   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflinePoloDown
Stranger Danger

Got about 7g's to use
    #683184 - 08/26/13 07:00 PM (10 years, 6 months ago)

I have about 7g's to make something with.. give or take 2 grams though.

I dont want to smoke it and I dont want to make something complicated and waste it all cause I dont really know what I am doing.

Not a fan of BHO, so i'd like to steer away from that.  Unless its the absolute EASIEST, I just dont want to have an end product with freakin BHO in it, that would piss me off and be a waste. Plus, I dont have ANY tubes, torches, caps, etc.  Also, not a fan of ISO hash.

So I dont have any bags... What should I do with it?

Edited by PoloDown (08/26/13 07:01 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleMycophile
 User Gallery

Re: Got about 7g's to use [Re: PoloDown]
    #683232 - 08/26/13 09:36 PM (10 years, 6 months ago)

Make a single brownie?

InvisibleP-O

Re: Got about 7g's to use [Re: Mycophile]
    #683245 - 08/26/13 09:58 PM (10 years, 6 months ago)

ya 7 gms is not alot.... u can do a iso oil for about $3.  iso + jar +coffee filters

ur not gonna get much of 7 gms..... make 7 fire crackers

InvisibleDeadkndys420
 User Gallery

Loc: █████
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Got about 7g's to use [Re: P-O]
    #683249 - 08/26/13 10:37 PM (10 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

PositiveOutlook said:
make 7 fire crackers

This^

IME you want at least a half o to make hash even with ISO.

OfflineSham87
マリオ
Male

#683271 - 08/27/13 12:40 AM (10 years, 6 months ago)

Plug it all.

--------------------
...once in a while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right...

InvisibleP-O

Re: Got about 7g's to use [Re: Deadkndys420]
    #683272 - 08/27/13 12:40 AM (10 years, 6 months ago)

what iso hash.... it always comes out a oil or earwax at best for me.  we call it "black oil"

OfflinePoloDown
Stranger Danger

#683371 - 08/27/13 11:15 AM (10 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Deadkndys420 said:
Quote:

PositiveOutlook said:
make 7 fire crackers

This^

IME you want at least a half o to make hash even with ISO.

Quote:

PositiveOutlook said:
what iso hash.... it always comes out a oil or earwax at best for me.  we call it "black oil"

I realize its not very much, but the rest of the bud i have id rather smoke..

Well I might make firecrackers, but it wouldnt be 7 it would be more like 3-4 because I have bad absorption in my stomach when it comes to edibles so Id want them to be extra potent.

For the ISO hash... Is there an easier way to scrape that shit up?  I literally ruined a dinner plate trying to scrape it off with a razor blade, on top of that I barely even got any yield, the plate was left a green tint because I had to just leave it on there like freakin concrete.

EDIT: OH I JUST REMEMBERED I HAVE LIKE 3-7 MORE GRAMS OF TRIM I CAN USE TOO, SO 9-15 GRAMS TOTAL :crazy2::crazy2::crazy2:

Edited by PoloDown (08/27/13 11:18 AM)

InvisibleP-O

#683381 - 08/27/13 11:31 AM (10 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

For the ISO hash... Is there an easier way to scrape that shit up?  I literally ruined a dinner plate trying to scrape it off with a razor blade, on top of that I barely even got any yield, the plate was left a green tint because I had to just leave it on there like freakin concrete.

use glass  brah... 

scape what u can.... then use rub rolling papers on the glass after to get the last bit

OfflinePoloDown
Stranger Danger

#683382 - 08/27/13 11:34 AM (10 years, 6 months ago)

Does the pyrex glass make it easier to scrape off? What is Rub rolling papers?

P.O you seem to know a good bit about ISO hash.. got any techs you can guide me to just for making it the best way?

Im tired of reading things that contradict one another

Edited by PoloDown (08/27/13 11:35 AM)

InvisibleP-O

#683383 - 08/27/13 11:37 AM (10 years, 6 months ago)

ya it much easier...

and after u scrape every bit u can.  heat it up (use oven or hair dryer).... then grab a rolling paper and rub the inside of the paper all over the bottom of the glass (u may need a few papers)..... it will absorbs all the oil thats left over.  then put weed in those papers... and blast off.  and u get all the left over iso oil.

OfflinePoloDown
Stranger Danger

#683384 - 08/27/13 11:39 AM (10 years, 6 months ago)

Alright Ill try a pyrex dish then, ill have to go buy one though. I dont wanna borrow from a family member and give it back fucked up.

Do you have any tech/guides you could link me to?  The only ones i know of are Grass city which is probly pretty old.

So is ISO still my best option besides fire crackers?

InvisibleP-O

#683385 - 08/27/13 11:44 AM (10 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

P.O you seem to know a good bit about ISO hash.. got any techs you can guide me to just for making it the best way?

ya i bit

we dont call it iso hash.... cuz ur not making hash... ur making a hash-oil.  so here we call it just "black oil"

1.go grab some iso today 70%-99%.  (pharmacy or farm store)
2.soak ur materials in a jar with iso. 
3mix/shake. 
4 strain with coffee filter into pyrex dish (use a round one if u wanna do a double boil, otherwise let it evap on a toaster oven or in sun or something)
5. repeat steps 2-4 if u want (i dont with trim )
6. make sure u get ALL the iso out of it..... best to heat/ mix /cool, do that a few times.... till it comes out a ear wax

scape up ... put ur oil in beer caps or viles.... then use rolling papers for last bit,

If u got any questions ask away.  ive done this many many times

Edited by P-O (08/27/13 06:14 PM)

InvisibleP-O

#683386 - 08/27/13 11:46 AM (10 years, 6 months ago)

the round ones are easyier for a double boiler (evap iso with water boiling under it)

BUT ITS HARDER TO SCAPE IT UP after (rounded sides)

edit: u prob dont need to buy a new one.... i use my wifes bake ware all the time.... just was it with clean iso after.... it does not wreck it at all

Edited by P-O (08/27/13 11:52 AM)

InvisibleP-O

#683388 - 08/27/13 11:51 AM (10 years, 6 months ago)

u dont need any tec's  ill walk u though it if u need.  by tonight u will be takin fat dabs and getting trashed

OfflinePoloDown
Stranger Danger

#683394 - 08/27/13 12:02 PM (10 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

PositiveOutlook said:
Quote:

ya i have done at least 50 ISO OIL batches over the years....

we dont call it iso hash.... cuz ur not making hash... ur making a hash-oil.  so here we call it just "black oil"

3mix/shake. 
4 strain with coffee filter into pyrex dish (use a round one if u wanna do a double boil, otherwise let it evap on a toaster oven or in sun or something)
6. make sure u get ALL the iso out of it..... best to heat/ mix /cool, do that a few times.... till it comes out a ear wax

scape up ... put ur oil in beer caps or viles.... then use rolling papers for last bit,

Okay..so...  How long exactly do I let it soak in the jar full of ISO?  Ive heard 30 seconds, 1 minute, 5 minutes, 20 minutes...  When I did it I soaked it for about 60 seconds while shaking it.

I was only going to do 1 run MAYBE 2 runs at the most, I want quality and it depends on whats left over.

I dont have any round pyrex bowls, so I'll have to use a pyrex pan/dish.. When straining through coffee filters, should I use one coffee filter or more like 3-5 coffee filters?

Once its strained, do I have to let the ISO evaporate for 24 hours or is there a quicker way? Being that I'll be using a dish pan I cant really fit it into a pot and bowl water under it.  Am I going to be heating it up again after 24 hours and it letting it sit to evaporate again?

I'll probably have a few more questions once I get these answered :facepalm:

InvisibleDeadkndys420
 User Gallery

Loc: █████
Trusted Cultivator
    #683395 - 08/27/13 12:02 PM (10 years, 6 months ago)

If you can OP use everclear. I hear it taste much better then ISO alcohol.

OfflinePoloDown
Stranger Danger

Re: Got about 7g's to use [Re: Deadkndys420]
    #683396 - 08/27/13 12:11 PM (10 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Deadkndys420 said:
If you can OP use everclear. I hear it taste much better then ISO alcohol.

I thought about it but Idk if the alcohol content is high enough vs 90% rubbing alcohol.

InvisibleP-O

#683399 - 08/27/13 12:14 PM (10 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

PoloDown said:
Quote:

PositiveOutlook said:
Quote:

ya i have done at least 50 ISO OIL batches over the years....

3mix/shake. 

Okay..so...  How long exactly do I let it soak in the jar full of ISO?  Ive heard 30 seconds, 1 minute, 5 minutes, 20 minutes...  When I did it I soaked it for about 60 seconds while shaking it.

I was only going to do 1 run MAYBE 2 runs at the most, I want quality and it depends on whats left over.

I dont have any round pyrex bowls, so I'll have to use a pyrex pan/dish.. When straining through coffee filters, should I use one coffee filter or more like 3-5 coffee filters?

Once its strained, do I have to let the ISO evaporate for 24 hours or is there a quicker way? Being that I'll be using a dish pan I cant really fit it into a pot and bowl water under it.  Am I going to be heating it up again after 24 hours and it letting it sit to evaporate again?

I'll probably have a few more questions once I get these answered :facepalm:

no problem man.... ask as many as you want.

Quote:

I usually let mine soak for 20-60mins (shaking every 5 mins).  (some people let it soak for days tho)

Quote:

for years i figured if u use 3-5 filters ur oil will be better..... i was wrong.  One filter is all u need.  anything that is small enough to pass through one filter will also pass through 5 filters.  so just use one

Quote:

ya its hard to do double boil with dish pan.... so u can sit it in the sun to quicken it.  or put it on top of a toaster over while its on .  or u can wet a towel and use one of those pancake cooker things and use that.  basically  any way u can heat it (slowly) without fire is gonna speed it up.... i perfer using a toaster oven.... turn it on for a hour... then let it cool ... repeat till its a wax

OfflinePoloDown
Stranger Danger

#683404 - 08/27/13 12:21 PM (10 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

I usually let mine soak for 20-60mins (shaking every 5 mins).  (some people let it soak for days tho

Okay.. I hear the longer it sits the lower the quality you have, but hearing this from you makes me think otherwise... SO I am going to let mine sit for like 30-45 minutes before I strain it.

Quote:

for years i figured if u use 3-5 filters ur oil will be better..... i was wrong.  One filter is all u need.  anything that is small enough to pass through one filter will also pass through 5 filters.  so just use one

Alright, so I'll just run it all through one coffee filter, one time. Sounds easy enough.

Quote:

ya its hard to do double boil with dish pan.... so u can sit it in the sun to quicken it.  or put it on top of a toaster over while its on .  or u can wet a towel and use one of those pancake cooker things and use that.  basically  any way u can heat it (slowly) without fire is gonna speed it up.... i perfer using a toaster oven.... turn it on for a hour... then let it cool ... repeat till its a wax

If I put it outside, will it turn to a waxy substance once the ISO is all gone?  About how long should I let it sit in the sun at once, since UV destroys the trichomes?  Once it gets waxy do I bring it to cool and then repeat this again outside for a certain amount of time?

I just want to make sure I have ALL the ISO out of the oil before I do anything, I want to do all this within hours but it sounds like I'll have to take a day or 2 out for the finished product which will be hard with my schedule but I can manage it.

InvisibleP-O

#683405 - 08/27/13 12:29 PM (10 years, 6 months ago)

Uv destroys trichomes?  weird.... ive only used sun a few times... usually we heat with a toaster oven or double boiler .  but i have used to sun to evap before

Quote:

Once it gets waxy do I bring it to cool and then repeat this again outside for a certain amount of time?

ya once all iso is evap'd.... id bring it in.... mix it up good.... scrap it all in one pile... then reheat it.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Mushroom-Hut Grow Bags   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck