Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   THCeeds Marijuana Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineShrink
The Curious
 User Gallery

Cali Connections Girl Scout Cookies....Incorrect Lineage?!?
    #664604 - 04/01/13 09:11 PM (10 years, 11 months ago)

Hey guys,

I just got some GSC from attitude seeds, CC/ Swerve's genetics - and after doing some research I'm finding out that the lineage of these genetics are incorrect!

This is really disappointing, can anyone who's into the scene confirm/deny my fears?

Upsetting :frown: Didn't know these seed banks could be so dishonest and still charge so much!

--------------------
Owner of ResearchChemicalReview.com

Visit us for harm reduction info about the newest Research Chemicals!

View my experimental **1000w LED** growlog -HERE-

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinecannabis_seeds
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Cali Connections Girl Scout Cookies....Incorrect Lineage?!? [Re: Shrink]
    #664635 - 04/02/13 06:59 AM (10 years, 11 months ago)

The word on the net - something you can easily see for yourself - is that Swerve's version, while good, is not actually Girl Scount Cookies (which is supposed to still be clone only if I remember correctly) but Fortune Cookie, a close relative.

I don't know all the details, but I'm guessing same lineage, different pheno. Most people also agree that people who've never had the real Girl Scout Cookie will not know the difference & that it'll be a great strain to try.

Seems like most people either love or hate Swerve & Cali Connections. I haven't dealt with either him or his company, but those are some really pricey seeds by anyone's standards.

BC Bud Depot also has a Girl Scout Cookie that looks very nice. I haven't done all the currency conversions, but they looked a little more reasonable - but still expensive. That's one of the most popular new strains out there & everyone's trying to cash in.

--------------------
Cannabis Seeds| Delivered discreetly WORLD WIDE!

Cannabis seeds | Buy Marijuana Seeds from the #1 UK Online Store

Follow us on twitter for special offers on premium beans.

Check our Gorilla Seeds Blog for the latest news.

OfflineShrink
The Curious
 User Gallery

Re: Cali Connections Girl Scout Cookies....Incorrect Lineage?!? [Re: cannabis_seeds]
    #664643 - 04/02/13 08:43 AM (10 years, 11 months ago)

Wow, I feel like a dunce. I didn't do my due diligence on this one, especially on something so expensive compared to even the average fire strain.

I wanted the specific strain for depression and anxiety, which is what I fell in love with GSC for. I have tried the real GSC more than a few times, so I hope I'm not disappointed.

Wish Rhino Seeds would deliver to the US! Will be sure to buy from a trusted geneticist next time though. No more snake oil

--------------------

Edited by Shrink (04/02/13 09:41 AM)

OfflinePoloDown
Stranger Danger

#664647 - 04/02/13 10:19 AM (10 years, 11 months ago)

I'm not convinced Cali Connection has the originals, but I recently picked up a cutting from the Forum cut from a respectable member of International Cannagraphic Magazine, I think I'll be pleased.  I got a batch of bud from the same cut, best GSC Ive had.

You'll probly still be happy with it though.

Offlinecannabis_seeds
Stranger
 User Gallery

#664648 - 04/02/13 10:24 AM (10 years, 11 months ago)

Thanks for the comments - and I'd love to be able to ship to the US.

To be fair, we don't sell either Cali Connections or BC Bud Depot at this time, and we're at the mercy of the actual breeders as much as you guys are.

We basically have to take their word for it & then watch for consistent complaints. While it would be fun, it would be impossible (& illegal) to try the thousands of seeds we carry.

Saying all that, I am trying to get BC Bud Depot onboard because I would love to have a GSC strain even if it's just a close replica. It sounds amazing, and you're very lucky to be in a place where you can try the real thing.

If I were you, I'd wait and see how you like Swerve's version. He has a lot of people out there that love his gear - even some of the people that don't think too highly of him will say there's nothing wrong with his work.

Since you've had the real thing, I'd love to know how they turn out.

--------------------
Cannabis Seeds| Delivered discreetly WORLD WIDE!

Cannabis seeds | Buy Marijuana Seeds from the #1 UK Online Store

Follow us on twitter for special offers on premium beans.

Check our Gorilla Seeds Blog for the latest news.

Edited by cannabis_seeds (04/02/13 10:28 AM)

OfflineShrink
The Curious
 User Gallery

Re: Cali Connections Girl Scout Cookies....Incorrect Lineage?!? [Re: cannabis_seeds]
    #664691 - 04/02/13 07:58 PM (10 years, 11 months ago)

Thanks cannabis_seeds!

You can follow my grow with weekly progress shots here: http://www.growery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/664561
Seeds should be here soon!

--------------------

InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #664848 - 04/03/13 10:51 PM (10 years, 11 months ago)

Simple as this. Either those seeds are feminized or their not GSC plain and simple. I'm going by the fact that there is no such thing as a GSC male plant. Unless you got the seeds from the original breeder of the strain and even then it wouldn't be GSC. That grower bred two plants, started a bunch of the seeds. Picked one of the plants started from those seeds then started cuttings from it that were then taken to the clubs.

Soooooo to sum it up you either get a GSC clone or make feminized seeds from a GSC clone. There is no other way to get GSC seeds. (Gonna be a long time before there is a GSC-IBL plant. People that know about breeding will understand that.)

:happyweed:

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

:growingweed: Join us at the Growery! :growingweed:

InvisibleHawksresurrection
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Cali Connections Girl Scout Cookies....Incorrect Lineage?!? [Re: Magash]
    #664849 - 04/03/13 10:53 PM (10 years, 11 months ago)

:cookiemonster:

--------------------
Dude she isn't as young as she use to be.

-niteowl

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   THCeeds Marijuana Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies