Home | Community | Message Board

Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: anyone grow out cali connection gear? aka breeder swerve [Re: captain.koons]
    #269524 - 08/23/09 05:44 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

Ha ha ha.....Steve claims that Emery used Federation seeds to rip him off. But that's a whole nother soap that involves Steve, Federation Seeds and Cash Crop Ken.

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

:growingweed: Join us at the Growery! :growingweed:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblecaptain.koons
Failed Botanist
Trusted Cultivator
Re: anyone grow out cali connection gear? aka breeder swerve [Re: Magash]
    #269526 - 08/23/09 05:53 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

I've heard claims that Federation stole his sweet skunk as Island Sweet Skunk or whatever they called it.

Emery seems pretty shady to me but what can I say. I don't know the guy personally.

--------------------

TROLLS NEED LOVE TOO!

InvisibleFurrowedBrowM
Free yourself from yourself
Male User Gallery

Loc: Carpal Tunnel
Trusted Cultivator
Re: anyone grow out cali connection gear? aka breeder swerve [Re: captain.koons]
    #275718 - 09/06/09 11:10 AM (14 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

captain.koons said:
Quote:

Mushr00m_Man said:
what books would you recommend if one had an irresistible desire to get into breeding?

Cannabis breeding or general breeding?

If you're just talking cannabis breeding you should read about mendellian genetics although they are only so useful, basic botany (structure of plants), then articles and what not from GOOD breeders like DJ shorts and chimera.

You should have a grasp on horticulture and botany and be very scientific about your crosses and selection of offspring. Following traits and such.  I assure you that even if it sounds silly the most important thing has to be documentation or accounting for all of your work as you would in a scientific experiment.

Breeding shouldn't be mistaken for pollen chucking though, if you just want to unite the craziest weed you can get your hands on or have one male and make a ton of seeds from many females... there isnt much need of understanding. The breeding you should learn something about is more like accounting and assigning generations to acquire as many desirable traits as possible in the final seed generation. This is true even if you want to produce elite clones/mothers as it all comes from a seed.

A motto you should take to heart "Select the best reject the rest" A law in breeding is the next generation should always display more desirable traits as the last. I was trying to recall the quote last night while reading and I made up my own "Keep the best and cull the rest" It's better for stoners, no 5 letter words.

I will pm you with some articles.

Could you send them my way as well?  Interesting discussion guys!  From what I have read from various sources is that Chimera is one of the premier cannabis breeders of our day.

--------------------

Multidisciplinary Association for Psychedelic Studies - Become a member!
The Growery's Herb Museum (post #24)
I prefer dangerous freedom to peaceful slavery.
~ Thomas Jefferson ~

Offlinespacel0rd
Stranger
    #275731 - 09/06/09 12:16 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

Hey koon, would it be possible for you to upload those articles? I assume there's a lot of ppl that are interested. :smile:

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals