Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com APE Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineJeff Funk
 User Gallery

Anyone ever grow Greenhouse White Widow????
    #514449 - 01/16/11 10:47 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Im currently growing white widow from greenhouse and for the description they say it takes 8-10 weeks and best to leave in complete darkness the last 4 days of flushing to get the crystals people are after. Well mine are at the startvof the 9th week and the trichomes are just turning milky. It looks like its gonna take 11-12 weeks including flush. I also have been using snowstorm ultra since the 2nd week of flowering, but the trichome production looks nothing like what i would expect from white widow. It doesnt even look like the picture from greenhouse for that matter. Will another 2 weeks flowering, and the last 4 days of flush in complete darkness really make it frost up like that?

--------------------
@Str8dankgenetics

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleMR.HEADY
PorchMonkey
 User Gallery

Loc: Toothless acres . West Vi...
Re: Anyone ever grow Greenhouse White Widow???? [Re: Jeff Funk]
    #514457 - 01/17/11 12:00 AM (13 years, 2 months ago)

dont believe everything they tell you

--------------------
[quote]FarBeyondDriven said:
Anybody ever tell you you're the result of a broken prophylactic in the back seat of a 74 Mercury?[/quote]

OfflineJeff Funk
 User Gallery

Re: Anyone ever grow Greenhouse White Widow???? [Re: MR.HEADY]
    #514474 - 01/17/11 12:39 AM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Well i know that. But i figured by white widow being known for its heavy crystal production it would somewhat hold up to that. Their King Kush strain sure did hold up to the description, and actually has better trichome production so far. I can say i am impressed with yield i'll be getting from the wido. A lot happens in a 2 week period during the flowering stage, so i guess i'll have to wait and see what happens.

--------------------
@Str8dankgenetics

Offline81renaissance
Coachella '13 KKOTY
Male

Loc: State of Mind Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Anyone ever grow Greenhouse White Widow???? (moved) [Re: Jeff Funk]
    #514524 - 01/17/11 07:11 AM (13 years, 2 months ago)

This thread was moved from Marijuana Cultivation.

Reason:
Strain related discussion

Offline81renaissance
Coachella '13 KKOTY
Male

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Anyone ever grow Greenhouse White Widow???? (moved) [Re: 81renaissance]
    #514525 - 01/17/11 07:14 AM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Could just be some bad luck with the phenotypic expression in the beans you got. :shrug:

I always say this, so forgive the broken record, but I prefer doing business with Mr Nice Seeds; its the current home of the original White Widow genetics (now called Black Widow), and I don't have to do business with Arjan's company.

--------------------
"So it goes."
-Kurt Vonnegut

BlueBerry_Swisher said:I want French fries. No, I want a penis French. Thank you. I'm so excited. I can not contain myself. Now I eat chocolate. It is so good. I'm trying to rub it all over myself. And then lick. Now I need a hot shower. The end.

OfflineJeff Funk
 User Gallery

Re: Anyone ever grow Greenhouse White Widow???? (moved) [Re: 81renaissance]
    #514537 - 01/17/11 08:47 AM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Is this Arjan guy a shady character? I never hear anything good about him. And i remember last year around the forum greenhouse wasnt getting too many good reviews. Im glad the beans i received from them were freebies. I guess i just lucked out with kings kush i received from them. Definately a keeper in my stable of strains, but the widow just may be getting scrapped. I started getting leary about the gh white widow a few months ago when i heard the "black widow" was back and noticed that greenhouse was using the exact same picture for advertising.

--------------------
@Str8dankgenetics

InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #514614 - 01/17/11 12:32 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

The guys at Greenhouse and Mr Nice use to work together. Mr Nice stayed true to the craft and Greenhouse is pretty much commercial. I'd grow Mr Nice's version before any other but to tell the truth I'd go with Nirvana's white widow before Greenhouse's.

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

:growingweed: Join us at the Growery! :growingweed:

OfflineJeff Funk
 User Gallery

Re: Anyone ever grow Greenhouse White Widow???? (moved) [Re: Magash]
    #514640 - 01/17/11 02:25 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Nice to know Magash. Maybe i'll pick up the Mr. Nice version at a later date. Anyone have any input on greenhouses Bubba Kush or Super Lemon Haze? I already have the beans, just wondering if its even worth the time.

--------------------
@Str8dankgenetics

Offlinethe man

#514648 - 01/17/11 03:09 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

if you have the beans then its worth it

Offline81renaissance
Coachella '13 KKOTY
Male

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Anyone ever grow Greenhouse White Widow???? (moved) [Re: the man]
    #514888 - 01/17/11 11:39 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

the man said:
if you have the beans then its worth it

Yeah, might as well see if you can get a good pheno.  The trick with those is that GH just labeled a cross as "Bubba Kush" and "SLH" to sell beans, and they don't have anything in common with their namesake. :nonono:

--------------------
"So it goes."
-Kurt Vonnegut

BlueBerry_Swisher said:I want French fries. No, I want a penis French. Thank you. I'm so excited. I can not contain myself. Now I eat chocolate. It is so good. I'm trying to rub it all over myself. And then lick. Now I need a hot shower. The end.

InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Anyone ever grow Greenhouse White Widow???? (moved) [Re: 81renaissance] * 2
    #514902 - 01/18/11 12:39 AM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Yeah, that's kind of low. Cross a Bubble Gum with a kush and call it Bubba Kush. Well  if they used a good bubble gum and a good kush plant there can still be killer bud there.

I bet his Arjins next move is to have his Grandfather grow some purple #1 then call it Granddaddy Purple. :facepalm:

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

OfflineJeff Funk
 User Gallery

#515008 - 01/18/11 08:52 AM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Wow so its like that with Arjan. Im glad i received a good pheno of the kings kush. I dont know if its reallly a Grape Ape x Ogkush cross, but it sure does carry some characters of both strains. Now im glad I never actually spent money on GH beans.

Do you guys know of a reliabe bank that carry the real bubba kush, or super lemon haze?

--------------------
@Str8dankgenetics

InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #515155 - 01/18/11 03:10 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Don't know anybody who sells Lemon Haze it may be a Greenhouse name, if the reviews on it are good it should be decent to grow esp if you got the seeds free.

Bubba kush as far as I know is still a clone only strain in the Cali med scene. Someone needs to start selfing these strains and making available to everybody.

--------------------

Offlinethe man

#515312 - 01/18/11 06:15 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

pre 98 bubba is available pretty readily no? def in crosses at least

OfflineJeff Funk
 User Gallery

Re: Anyone ever grow Greenhouse White Widow???? (moved) [Re: the man]
    #515437 - 01/18/11 11:18 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

By selfing a strain do mean taking one of these clone only strains and crossing it with itself by using sts treatments? And after selfing a clone only... Only females beans will be produced correct?

I need to make my way to Cali. Its so may strains out there that i want, but are clone only. I was lucky to get my hands on a Green Crack clone finally. Is the medical cannabis cup in LA gonna be held there annually?

--------------------
@Str8dankgenetics

InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #515439 - 01/18/11 11:33 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

By selfing a strain do mean taking one of these clone only strains and crossing it with itself by using sts treatments?

Yes

Quote:

Is the medical cannabis cup in LA gonna be held there annually?

Which medical cannabis cup? Seems like there is a different cannabis cup held someplace in Cali every weekend. Last weekend it was the one in Clear Lake held by the Karma Collective.

--------------------

OfflineJeff Funk
 User Gallery

#515440 - 01/18/11 11:38 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Wow didnt know Cali had that many cups going on. I guess im thinking the High Times Medical Cup. Also do the medical clubs out there except out of state patients?

--------------------
@Str8dankgenetics

InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #515441 - 01/18/11 11:45 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Some of them will. I imagine if they can call your doctor or verify your card somehow it shouldn't be a problem. Some clubs won't but getting a doctor to give you a med clearance is pretty damn easy. I have never heard of anybody being turned down for any reason.

--------------------

OfflineQuarantine
Lurker
Female

Loc: California Flag
    #521949 - 02/01/11 10:49 AM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Magash said:
Some of them will. I imagine if they can call your doctor or verify your card somehow it shouldn't be a problem. Some clubs won't but getting a doctor to give you a med clearance is pretty damn easy. I have never heard of anybody being turned down for any reason.

Yeah. I work at a cannabis cooperative myself; most places in California will NOT accept an out-of-state recommendation. Montana, if I remember correctly, is currently the only state that does.

Don't get me wrong, I'm SURE there are those places that make exceptions, but the rec has to be here; your ID does not. I've dealt with patients with passports and legal residency paperwork with no issues, as long as they have their original doctor's rec. from California the first time they join the cooperative. It's pretty simple, really. :P

Offlinedmtcorey
~The time police~
 User Gallery

Re: Anyone ever grow Greenhouse White Widow???? (moved) [Re: Quarantine]
    #524974 - 02/08/11 07:51 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

if you want the real bubba kush ,drgreenthumb.com carrys it ,the original s 1,[cutting] with the coffee ,mocha flavors ~

--------------------
:whereismiddleman:

InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Anyone ever grow Greenhouse White Widow???? (moved) [Re: dmtcorey]
    #525156 - 02/09/11 12:11 AM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

dmtcorey said:
if you want the real bubba kush ,drgreenthumb.com carrys it ,the original s 1,[cutting] with the coffee ,mocha flavors ~

Remember that if you self a bubba kush that the seeds still are not bubba kush. Even selfed plants can show traits that are not in the strain but are part of the parents makeup.

As I've said before this is where breeders make money. There is no such thing as a strain called Bubba Kush, Granddaddy Purple, Purps, Trainwreck, Yadda yadda yadda they are the name of certain plants. The only way to get real Bubba, Granddaddy and the others is if you manage to get a cutting that came from the original plants.

Now the way they do it in Holland.
Somebody crosses Super Skunk with Wonder Woman and calls it super Girl. Now you go out and get Super Skunk seeds and grow them out and get some Wonder Woman seeds and grow them out. You manage to find two great females one of each strain. You cross them, do you have Super Girl? No, you have a knockoff. The only way to get Super Girl if is you have the original parent plants.

In other word in Cali it's common to name a plant that a person thinks is killer. What that means is say I grow out a killer Lavender plant. I decide that this one plant is gonna be called Mags Lavender Lady and start to give out cuttings of it. Somehow it manages to get around and wa-la a new med strain.

Now in Amsterdam its a little different. They tend to cross two parent plants and give the name to the entire batch of seeds that came from the parent plants that is why with their strains you get phenos. You buy AK-47 and some look like sativa and some look like indica and some in between.

You don't hear about phenos with the Cali med strains. There isn't a sativa leaning Granddaddy or Bubba or OG. Have two Granddaddy  plants and they don't look alike (common with Amsterdam strains) then one or both are not true Granddaddy. :wink:

--------------------

Offlinethe man

#525165 - 02/09/11 12:40 AM (13 years, 1 month ago)

never really seperated into schools of thought like that magash, neat!

so what you would suggest is having 2 naming systems. one with a C  for cutting and other without for seeds with no overlaping names. with the seeds it would seem hard to get away from naming strains, but would you suggest better description of each pheno by breeders instead of the one they describe that seems most desirable and what inspires the name?

There also then becomes the problem with no genetic variety if everyone is using purely cuts, as people even suggest that as a problem with selfed seeds. Or would this be offset by breeders growing tonnes of plants out in search of a pheno and not really breeding for stability?

haha i guess what im getting at is what is your breeding and strain production utopia??

Offlinedmtcorey
~The time police~
 User Gallery

#525288 - 02/09/11 12:49 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Magash said:
Quote:

dmtcorey said:

Remember that if you self a bubba kush that the seeds still are not bubba kush. Even selfed plants can show traits that are not in the strain but are part of the parents makeup.

As I've said before this is where breeders make money. There is no such thing as a strain called Bubba Kush, Granddaddy Purple, Purps, Trainwreck, Yadda yadda yadda they are the name of certain plants. The only way to get real Bubba, Granddaddy and the others is if you manage to get a cutting that came from the original plants.

Somebody crosses Super Skunk with Wonder Woman and calls it super Girl. Now you go out and get Super Skunk seeds and grow them out and get some Wonder Woman seeds and grow them out. You manage to find two great females one of each strain. You cross them, do you have Super Girl? No, you have a knockoff. The only way to get Super Girl if is you have the original parent plants.

In other word in Cali it's common to name a plant that a person thinks is killer. What that means is say I grow out a killer Lavender plant. I decide that this one plant is gonna be called Mags Lavender Lady and start to give out cuttings of it. Somehow it manages to get around and wa-la a new med strain.

Now in Amsterdam its a little different. They tend to cross two parent plants and give the name to the entire batch of seeds that came from the parent plants that is why with their strains you get phenos. You buy AK-47 and some look like sativa and some look like indica and some in between.

You don't hear about phenos with the Cali med strains. There isn't a sativa leaning Granddaddy or Bubba or OG. Have two Granddaddy  plants and they don't look alike (common with Amsterdam strains) then one or both are not true Granddaddy. :wink:

is what you mean by selfing,mean taking 2 cuts from the original mother and force one to make pollen and making fems with the identical cut?  this wont give you the identical pheno of the mother? what do you think the percentage of off spring will show that same pheno as the mother ? i had posted yesterday about this but nobody had commented !:wink:

--------------------
:whereismiddleman:

Offlinekyuzo
Stranger Than Fiction

#525331 - 02/09/11 02:30 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Magash said:
Quote:

dmtcorey said:

in the plant hobby they generally use both systems, where a specific plants, as in what you refer to as the "cali system" would be a named cultivar. Which are basically exceptional specimens, that have unique characteristics, deemed worthy of special interest.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com APE Liquid Culture For Sale