Home | Community | Message Board

Royal Queen Seeds Cannabis Seeds
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: THCeeds Marijuana Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineShroomofdoom
Menace 2 Society
Male

Loc: Dark side of the moon
Green Crack
    #500206 - 11/22/10 10:17 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Im lookin for a seed bank that has green crack, any ideas?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinethe man

Re: Green Crack [Re: Shroomofdoom]
    #500208 - 11/22/10 10:24 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

its a skunk1 X i think. nothin to special about it get a skunk1 X og18 cross prob better :smile:

Edited by the man (11/22/10 10:26 PM)

OfflineShroomofdoom
Menace 2 Society
Male

Re: Green Crack [Re: the man]
    #500210 - 11/22/10 10:26 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

any seedbank you would recommend checkin out for it?

Offlinethe man

Re: Green Crack [Re: Shroomofdoom]
    #500214 - 11/22/10 11:11 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

some hard to find strains are worth seeking i dont think green crack is all that is it?? just a commercial strain prob gets hype on the street for being half decent...  i dunno they are for novelty purposes after all. :smile:  cheers good luck

nirvana people say good things about

InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Green Crack [Re: the man] * 1
    #500233 - 11/23/10 01:20 AM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Well if your anywhere near Oakland Ca they changed the name to Green Cush cause calling anything crack in Oakland probably isn't the best idea in the world.

They sell live cuttings of it.

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

:growingweed: Join us at the Growery! :growingweed:

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Green Crack [Re: Magash]
    #500414 - 11/23/10 08:22 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

any seedbank you would recommend checkin out for it

The attitude seedbank carries the OG18 x Skunk #1 in a mixed pack.  It's like 80 bucks but you get a bunch of other strains to go with it.  Just go to their site and search for skunk train or OG18

--------------------

MFDoom666: sobriety kills my buzz every time.

Invisiblemaryanne3087
Stranger
Trusted Cultivator
    #500431 - 11/23/10 08:43 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Magash said:
Well if your anywhere near Oakland Ca they changed the name to Green Cush cause calling anything crack in Oakland probably isn't the best idea in the world.

They sell live cuttings of it.

I didn't know it was Skunk#1xAfhghani, this is probably why so many people say it's much like Super Skunk.

OfflineShroomofdoom
Menace 2 Society
Male

Re: Green Crack [Re: maryanne3087]
    #500461 - 11/23/10 10:48 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Thanks guys! looking into some cool strains to grow, thought green crack looked awesome so i wanted to check it out. Im up for suggestions on a good strain to grow, im new but lookin to challenge myself.

Invisiblepsyberpunk
Lunatic

Loc: Behind a Pipe
    #500562 - 11/24/10 11:51 AM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Magash said:

I've also seen people calling it Dream Queen.

OfflineJeff Funk
 User Gallery

Re: Green Crack [Re: psyberpunk]
    #505799 - 12/15/10 12:53 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

I myself thought Green Crack was a clone only strain from Cali. I'm holding on to a mother here in MI I received from a Californian who recently moved here to take advantage of the new medical laws here. And since growing and smoking it It's one of my favorite strains next to Bubblegum. The taste and smell is truely unique to me.

--------------------
@Str8dankgenetics

Invisibleanonymouse
Stranger

Re: Green Crack [Re: Jeff Funk]
    #584021 - 09/06/11 11:03 AM (12 years, 6 months ago)

I've been looking for this strain for almost a year now no luck, wish I lived in Cali!

OfflinePernicious
Stranger Danger
Male User Gallery

Loc: East Coast
Re: Green Crack [Re: Jeff Funk]
    #584198 - 09/07/11 05:59 AM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Jeff Funk said:
I myself thought Green Crack was a clone only strain from Cali.

weird i always thought it was a clone only strain from vansterdamn. the greencrack obsession started back in like 2003 there. and since then every other commercial grower floods areas like surrey/langley with boatloads of it. its a really nice smoke and as far as i know there are no seeds of it. and i always thought it was a bc strain considering ive never heard anyone outside of the province mention it until now.

Invisibleanonymouse
Stranger

Re: Green Crack [Re: Pernicious]
    #584340 - 09/07/11 04:02 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

ya it is good smoke, tried it once and never seen it around here again :o what a tease

InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Green Crack [Re: anonymouse]
    #584351 - 09/07/11 04:17 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

I don't know why breeders don't do feminized seeds of the popular clone only strains. I know when I do them they sell out at the first or second club that I take them to. When one of the major breeders gets around to pulling their heads out of their asses and does it they are gonna make a killing.

:omgawesome:

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

Invisibleanonymouse
Stranger

#584473 - 09/07/11 08:41 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

I know DNA just put out sour diesel feminized but I'm not sure whether DNA is quality or not.

InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Green Crack [Re: anonymouse]
    #584478 - 09/07/11 09:10 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

DNA is ok but sour diesel isn't a clone only strain. They may sell it cheaper then the original breeder but if I was growing it I'd most likely get it from the original source.

https://www.seedboutique.com/ProductDetails.aspx?ProductID=18674&Name=SeedList-Reservoir-Seeds-Rez-Sour-Diesel-IBL&Type=PD

--------------------

Invisiblemaryanne3087
Stranger

Trusted Cultivator
    #584555 - 09/08/11 03:26 AM (12 years, 6 months ago)

I wonder how many breeders (I know there's not many) providin the Sour Diesel ripped off Reservoir's stock.

Paradise offers a feminized Diesel called Acid however they're a huge company. A few more come to mind.

A lot of companies publicize theyre using his seed stock usually the 1.5 or v3, A friend has the v3 and Alpha Diesel both smell amazing and the Alpha Diesel has a more prolonged high, a lot of people report only getting high for 15-20minutes when smoking Sour Diesel.

OfflinePernicious
Stranger Danger
Male User Gallery

Loc: East Coast
    #584570 - 09/08/11 06:48 AM (12 years, 6 months ago)

weird. i wonder if cali connection uses reservoirs cause the cali connection sour diesel is apparently quite good.

and how does one get feminized seeds from a clone only strain? would you have to shock the clone to force it to hermy or what?

Invisiblemaryanne3087
Stranger

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Green Crack [Re: Pernicious]
    #584614 - 09/08/11 12:53 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Pernicious said:
weird. i wonder if cali connection uses reservoirs cause the cali connection sour diesel is apparently quite good.

and how does one get feminized seeds from a clone only strain? would you have to shock the clone to force it to hermy or what?

Cali Connection was working on OG KUSH because Swerve felt it was superior to Sour Diesel, he admittedly got into the seed business to compete with Reservoir because REZDOG did some sort of trade with him that landed OG KUSH SFV cut in REZDOG's hands with Swerve left unhappy. I think the story is REZDOG sent some clones in exchange but they were either unlegit or subpar which wouldn't surprise me because REZDOG asks for cuts in public on ICMAG.

Cali Connection is good friends with a bunch of guys such as Chemdog (originator of the Chemdog D, Chemdog#4, Chemdog 91, multiple crosses), DNA who has a bunch of legit cuts including Sour Diesel and G13 Haze, basically they've got contacts for real cuts. I can only assume if Cali Connection released a pure Sour Diesel they did work on it themselves starting with the clone only version.

Both Cali Connection and Reservoir take a clone only strain then outcross it to something similar (For REZ's Sour diesel he crossed to NYCD Tangerine pheno, for Swerve's OG Kush he crossed to an Afghani #1) they then inbred and backcrossed numerous times to try to capture the traits of the clone. A mistake I feel they both made was backcrossing too many times, backcrossing isn't meant to secure traits but to add stability since many of the traits are recessive this just makes those traits less common and gives rise to a lot of undesirable phenotypes this also makes it very hard to breed out very bad traits such as hermaphroditic tenancies  if you look at growlogs of REZ's Sour Diesel 1.5 or v3 it seems that they turned out to be relatively close to the Sour Diesel in effect, appearance, and structure but noticeably less intense 90% of the time with the odd pheno that was stellar and very much near the desired plant(it could be that the few good logs I've seen were biased too :P). Now it would seem that there's far more phenos and variation and you still get that odd stellar plant.

Backcrossing 5 times definitely isn't a good idea if locking in traits to mimic a specific clone is your goal.

Invisiblemaryanne3087
Stranger

Trusted Cultivator
    #584615 - 09/08/11 12:57 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Magash said:
DNA is ok but sour diesel isn't a clone only strain. They may sell it cheaper then the original breeder but if I was growing it I'd most likely get it from the original source.

https://www.seedboutique.com/ProductDetails.aspx?ProductID=18674&Name=SeedList-Reservoir-Seeds-Rez-Sour-Diesel-IBL&Type=PD

I'm skeptical about both breeders it would be nice to know what DNA has done to obtain their M/F line. I emailed them about their clone only seeds and they said the females are all S1 which apparently doesn't work very well with Sour Diesel (perhaps it would if you feminized from Reservoir's line though)

Have you grown the Sour Diesel from DNA?

InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #584704 - 09/08/11 11:09 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Myself no I haven't so take what I say about them with a grain of salt so to say. I fucked up when I wrote that I should have wrote "I heard DNA is ok". That was a stupid move on my part. :shrug:

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: THCeeds Marijuana Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds