Home | Community | Message Board

High Mountain Gold Compost
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
InvisibleTOOLOGY719
The Dude
Male User Gallery

Loc: Western Hemisphere
Is Cali > Washington?
    #649990 - 12/07/12 06:25 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

So, I've been living in Seattle for a few weeks now, and I've been going to various dispensaries and getting herb from various sources, just testing out the new area and seeing what it has to offer. Well, so far I haven't been able to find anything that has just blown me away. Don't get me wrong, I've found some awesome, potent, beautiful meds. However, I haven't seen anything even close to the quality I've found in Cali, or even close to the quality of what I personally grew and brought myself. My question is this: am I just not looking in the right spot? Does the weather up here not allow for optimal conditions, therefore less than perfect herb? I know I haven't been here long, but I happen to know that had I stumbled into the same amount of dispensaries in CA, I would've found some fuckin winners by now. I just find it weird.

I wonder if I'll be able to grow the same quality up here as I did in AZ, or if the weather (humidity, specifically) won't allow that to happen....

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleDeadkndys420
 User Gallery

Loc: █████
Re: Is Cali > Washington? [Re: TOOLOGY719]
    #649991 - 12/07/12 06:28 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

I would assume some of the bud is grown indoors so weather conditions is irreverent for that.

:shrug:

InvisibleTOOLOGY719
The Dude
Male User Gallery

Re: Is Cali > Washington? [Re: Deadkndys420]
    #649995 - 12/07/12 06:32 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

not necessarily....the humidity still affects things indoors. drying, curing,  and things of that nature are drastically affected

(I was specifically referring to the indoor bud in my original statement)

Edited by TOOLOGY719 (12/07/12 06:33 PM)

InvisibleHawksresurrection
 User Gallery

#650032 - 12/07/12 10:54 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

It's way possible to get as good of stuff up here as down there. 

Not sure of what the dispensaries are doing up there.  Don't attend those, just get strains from other growers and what not.

--------------------
Dude she isn't as young as she use to be.

-niteowl

InvisibleTOOLOGY719
The Dude
Male User Gallery

Re: Is Cali > Washington? [Re: Hawksresurrection]
    #650088 - 12/08/12 11:50 AM (11 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

hawksapprentice said:
It's way possible to get as good of stuff up here as down there. 

Not sure of what the dispensaries are doing up there.  Don't attend those, just get strains from other growers and what not.

that's what I would prefer to do. it's just hard to track down growers when you're new in town

OfflineDungenessDank
Lord of the Flies

Loc: PNW
    #650089 - 12/08/12 11:57 AM (11 years, 3 months ago)

It shouldn't be hard in the Seattle area, there is some truly mind blowing shit out there.

InvisibleHawksresurrection
 User Gallery

Re: Is Cali > Washington? [Re: DungenessDank]
    #650099 - 12/08/12 02:11 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

There are also grower co-ops around.  Where I live I got my card through a place called MAMA's.  And every month we get together for a clone swap and meet and greet type of thing.  You should look into something like that.

Ask whoever gave you your grow card for information on that type of thing.  Or caregiver information and talk with them about it.

--------------------
Dude she isn't as young as she use to be.

-niteowl

InvisibleTOOLOGY719
The Dude
Male User Gallery

Re: Is Cali > Washington? [Re: Hawksresurrection]
    #650117 - 12/08/12 03:27 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

hawksapprentice said:
There are also grower co-ops around.  Where I live I got my card through a place called MAMA's.  And every month we get together for a clone swap and meet and greet type of thing.  You should look into something like that.

Ask whoever gave you your grow card for information on that type of thing.  Or caregiver information and talk with them about it.

that sounds rad. I'll definitely have to look into that!

InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

#650148 - 12/08/12 06:39 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

TOOLOGY719 said:
So, I've been living in Seattle for a few weeks now, and I've been going to various dispensaries and getting herb from various sources, just testing out the new area and seeing what it has to offer. Well, so far I haven't been able to find anything that has just blown me away. Don't get me wrong, I've found some awesome, potent, beautiful meds. However, I haven't seen anything even close to the quality I've found in Cali, or even close to the quality of what I personally grew and brought myself. My question is this: am I just not looking in the right spot? Does the weather up here not allow for optimal conditions, therefore less than perfect herb? I know I haven't been here long, but I happen to know that had I stumbled into the same amount of dispensaries in CA, I would've found some fuckin winners by now. I just find it weird.

I wonder if I'll be able to grow the same quality up here as I did in AZ, or if the weather (humidity, specifically) won't allow that to happen....

Ok, this problem happned in Cali in 06 when the clubs really started to pop up everyplace. What you have is a ton of new growers flooding the market with crap. Looks good quality sucks. Soon as those growers get tired of it (and they almost always do cause it ain't as easy as they want it to be) then the real growers start to take over and quality as a whole will go up in the entire area.

Example: Now is the time to own a grow store in Washington but in 6 months to a year get out of it. :wink:

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

:growingweed: Join us at the Growery! :growingweed:

OfflineTank333
Psychotic Hippie
Male User Gallery

Loc: Washington
Re: Is Cali > Washington? [Re: Magash]
    #650182 - 12/08/12 10:24 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

Dude, 90% of the dispensaries in Seattle suck ass. They get their crap from cali, the outdoor that didn't pass muster down south... And if they DO buy locally, they won't fork out a dime over $650 per qp. Not a great inscentive for the guys who do grow the dankness... I don't deal with em. I piece it out over time to get a full $3200 a pound.

Try checking out the farmer's markets. There's one in West Seattle, one in Tacoma, and one in Black Diamond. Haven't been to any of em recently, but they were always great when I did go...

InvisibleTOOLOGY719
The Dude
Male User Gallery

Re: Is Cali > Washington? [Re: Tank333]
    #650228 - 12/09/12 10:08 AM (11 years, 3 months ago)

right on. I will definitely try to track down those markets. Thanks, man!

InvisibleTOOLOGY719
The Dude
Male User Gallery

#651194 - 12/15/12 12:34 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

I found a keeper! Been going into the same place for a week or 2 now, and they have had some pretty impressive meds. They currently have some Skywalker and some Headband that are super tasty. Still haven't seen anything that has knocked my socks off, but I'm sure it'll come through eventually. In a few months, I won't need to worry about it anymore!  :ganja:

OfflineTank333
Psychotic Hippie
Male User Gallery

Loc: Washington
    #651275 - 12/15/12 11:35 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

Right on... What's the name of the place?

--------------------
My best run so far

InvisibleTOOLOGY719
The Dude
Male User Gallery

Re: Is Cali > Washington? [Re: Tank333]
    #651380 - 12/16/12 01:34 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

The Joint in UDistrict. Been in there half a dozen times now. The first couple times I was very impressed with the actual setup of the place, but they didn't have any meds that were killer. The last few times, however, they have pleased me. Good stuff. I'm still on the hunt for some gnarly, ball tingling shit! I found some Corleone OG in Anaheim last January that still stands out in my memory as probably the tastiest, most stony herb I've ever smoked in my life. That is an incredibly bold statement, but WOW. It was perfect. I could've smoked it everyday for the rest of my life.  :bigweed:

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates