Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
just a tiny bit of bho
    #647794 - 11/24/12 08:24 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

I posted this in the pics forum as part of my salad bowl sunday's thread.  Here's just a small chunk of some wax I made up last week.  The other pile wasn't quite ready, but this little ball was done so I just rolled it up and set it aside while I worked on the rest of the stuff.

Strain was LA confidential, used vector butane in an extraction tube.  7 grams of bud netted me 2 grams +/- of wax to smoke.

--------------------

MFDoom666: sobriety kills my buzz every time.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
Re: just a tiny bit of bho [Re: coda]
    #647804 - 11/24/12 08:52 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

Pretty much how I spent my entire day lol

--------------------

OfflineNameInUse
Strange
Male User Gallery

#647823 - 11/24/12 10:24 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

Nice!
I fucking love PHx and I love that bowl! I have one of their ash catchers and the work is amazing.
Sorry, a little off topic but they do nice work.

--------------------
But then an even greater force emerged: The un! And the un un-nazi'd the world! Forever!

Edited by NameInUse (11/24/12 10:27 PM)

Offlineelaspeinreason
his serene highness
Male User Gallery

Loc: Washington DC
    #647887 - 11/25/12 01:09 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

how come you didnt use an oil rig for that beautiful errl?

--------------------
हम सब एक है ~ We Are All One
The ultimate source of happiness, successful life, is within ourselves. Do not dwell in the past, do not dream of the future, concentrate the mind on the present moment. - Buddha

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
Re: just a tiny bit of bho [Re: elaspeinreason]
    #647903 - 11/25/12 03:11 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

I have a skillet but I fucking hate it.  Either my bong just isn't right for it, or its just a piece of shit.  I feel like I waste more than I inhale and the skillet doesn't stay hot long enough.  I disliked it enough that I'm gun shy about trying a nail type setup.  However, my local shop has some bongs designed specifically for oils that I've been pondering.  To be honest I've gotten the best results using a regular bowl, some ash, weed, or a small pile of hash to cover up the bottom, and plop the oil and top and nuke it with a pen torch.  Very little waste with strong hits and the pen torch provides enough heat to ignite the concentrates a good inch or so away from the bowl.

Another reason that I haven't really gone the nail/concentrate pipe route is the fact that I budder/wax (whatever the fuck you want to call it) up all of my oils so the stuff is very rarely sticky.  So it makes it a pain in the ass to use with the nail or skillet type stuff as it doesn't want to stick to your dabber.  I really dislike the gooey oils because they're a pain to handle and store, I like being able to roll up my extraction in a ball and stick it in a small baggie to pinch off hits from.  The bowl in these pictures is actually really nice for smoking hash out of because of its shape, you don't have the usual problem of pulling in tons of air with the smoke.  It hits like a nicely packed bowl of herb.  Pricey IMO (65$, could have haggled down 5-10$ probably but it wasn't worth it), but it worked absolutely perfectly for what I needed it for.  The people at my pipe shop know me pretty well by now, every time I walk through the door and they see me a can of vector appears on the counter top shortly after lol.  So when I told them what I wanted this is what they recommended and I'm glad I listened :smile:

All in all I'm interested in the concentrate pipes, but I really enjoy my current method so I'm not willing to spend the cash yet.  I'll probably buy one in the next year or so though.

Quote:

Nice!
I fucking love PHx and I love that bowl! I have one of their ash catchers and the work is amazing.
Sorry, a little off topic but they do nice work.

Thanks!

I just kind of realized I turned into a designer glass whore over time.  The bong is a HiSi, the ash catcher/diffuser is a Sheldon Black, and now the bowl is a PHx.  lol I have 450$ in glass just sitting right in front of me, the ground glass joints make it so much easier to buy attachments and new pieces because I know everything will fit.  I haven't hit too many PHx pipe, but I never really liked the ones that I did.  Always felt like the draw was too heavy and I needed to bust a lung to pull a good hit.  The bowl is pretty fucking sweet though, and it has the multi hole bottom design I've come to love as well.  I can't see using it for anything but concentrates because its pretty tiny, but I still think it was money well spent.

--------------------

Edited by coda (11/25/12 03:16 PM)

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
    #647905 - 11/25/12 03:23 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

there's the skillet I have.  I'd like to sell it honestly, I can't tell you the last time I've used it.

--------------------

OfflineNameInUse
Strange
Male User Gallery

#648189 - 11/27/12 10:21 AM (11 years, 4 months ago)

I started being a glass whore once I started buying attachments. I'm at about $250 with a $60 bong. I had to get the ash catcher after I got my Sovereignty grided downstem cause it just got clogged up. On top of that is my bowl by a local company called Heady.

--------------------
But then an even greater force emerged: The un! And the un un-nazi'd the world! Forever!

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
Re: just a tiny bit of bho [Re: NameInUse]
    #648311 - 11/27/12 04:58 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

I dig it man, looks pretty sweet!  Once I made the switch up to the ground glass I never looked back.  I definitely plan on buying a showerhead type perc sometime in the near future, my local shop has some pieces that are just gorgeous.  The glass bug is starting to bite again with me, each time I go there I'm seconds away from dropping a few hundred on a new bong :P

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds