Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds UK
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Kraken Kratom Shop: Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
InvisibleHawksresurrection
 User Gallery

Re: Overtime [Re: Thebooedocksaint]
    #619896 - 04/23/12 04:59 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

I really don't see him as being an overt asshole.  I see him pointing out religious people being fucking idiots.  Being outspoken isn't being a douchebag.  Calling people out to try and make them look at things in a logical light isn't the same as people trying to FORCE there views on other citizens.  Which

--------------------
Dude she isn't as young as she use to be.

-niteowl

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineThebooedocksaint
Dead Dictator
 User Gallery

Loc: Wild & Free
Re: Overtime [Re: Hawksresurrection]
    #619898 - 04/23/12 05:03 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

I've seen him on real time be pretty anti-religion in general actually. That's the only reason I stopper watching it.

Being atheist isn't being logical at all, just like being religious isn't being logical either. Logic requires facts that support one side or another, which there are neither.

--------------------
"Je pense, donc je suis (I am thinking, therefore I am)." -Rene Descartes

InvisibleHawksresurrection
 User Gallery

Re: Overtime [Re: Thebooedocksaint]
    #619902 - 04/23/12 05:14 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

Hmmm.....I feel like being atheist is using come logic to reason that what we see is what there is.  Maybe I'm not on the right track when it comes to this though.  And yes I've seen him rip into religion.  Doesn't really bother me though.  I feel a lot of what he has to say needs to be said by someone.  But that's just me. 

When it comes down to it I don't care if people have faith or are religious.  But if you picket gay funerals that steps over the line.  If you try and pass legislation to prevent people from marrying that needs to be called out.

--------------------
Dude she isn't as young as she use to be.

-niteowl

OfflineThebooedocksaint
Dead Dictator
 User Gallery

Loc: Wild & Free
Re: Overtime [Re: Hawksresurrection]
    #620106 - 04/25/12 08:43 AM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

hawksapprentice said:
Hmmm.....I feel like being atheist is using come logic to reason that what we see is what there is.  Maybe I'm not on the right track when it comes to this though.  And yes I've seen him rip into religion.  Doesn't really bother me though.  I feel a lot of what he has to say needs to be said by someone.  But that's just me. 

When it comes down to it I don't care if people have faith or are religious.  But if you picket gay funerals that steps over the line.  If you try and pass legislation to prevent people from marrying that needs to be called out.

And those actions aren't those of your average christian, just the very vocal minority. As marijuana users I think we are all aware of what a vocal minority can do when it comes to policy making, the same happens with impressions people get from groups of people (for obvious reasons vocal minorities in policy making are doing the same thing, it just transfers over to politics in this case).

You can't argue logically one should be one way or the other. Honestly agnosticism is more logical than bother, and being an agnostic-theist I would say that is as far as you can get with true logical thinking.

Because for you to say you use logic to reason what we see is what there is you have to make the unprovable assumption that there isn't anything we can't perceive while we are alive, and that there is no divine. It's hard for people to accept this fact.

We have absolutely 0 proof at all one way or another, you will never have some proof that the divine doesn't exist. I'll never have proof it does. We both can see that there is no proof to either side that anyone alive will ever know though, at least with religions based on the old testament like Christianity, Judaism, or Islam (some religions might be more easily proven false because they might assert to have more real-world style beleifs that can actually be proven or not), and as such we can only agree it is a fact we will never actually know one way or another until we know (in my case)/don't know (in your case because we will be gone for good when we die then).

You can prove that set rules within the religion are immoral, that there are texts you can say are/aren't obviously fiction, you can ever prove that X people with X belief do X things. But none of that effects how valid they are for believing in what they believe in.

And I mean I truly enjoy this kind of conversation, but I probably won't post in here anymore. Discussions like these tend to end poorly, and lots of bigots on both sides of the aisle come out of the woodwork on average.

Don't act like Christians don't hate fred phelps (hell I like 30-40 miles from that church), most of us don't even care about policy. I beleive 100% in the separation of church and state, this even makes me think marriages shouldn't be a legal thing. Civil unions should be an issue of legality, marriages can't be forced to do anything because they (in my opinion) are the actual religious ceremonies. It is just that they have gone hand and hand together.

I think if people want legal status as being together they can get a civil union (no-matter the sex), and if they are religious and want a religious ceremony they can (the only issue is that the religious organization you want to issue it will have to be ok with it, because america can't force church's to do anything because of the separation).

And if people as a whole don't want my idea gay marriage laws should be passed; that would mean people just don't like the idea of it being called what it is. It's honestly hard to be any more accepting than me though, as long as it doesn't directly trespass against me financially/physically I don't care if people are allowed to do it. I'm not getting a gay marriage, but i don't care if someone else is. I would probably get a kid aborted if not in a situation where i could support one, but i don't care if someone wants to try to have a shitty quality of life. Etc...

--------------------
"Je pense, donc je suis (I am thinking, therefore I am)." -Rene Descartes

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Kraken Kratom Shop: Red Vein Kratom