Home | Community | Message Board

Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineMiscusi
Grade 10
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Sunnyvale Trailer Park, C... Flag
out of control plants?
    #604026 - 01/05/12 03:19 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

In any case, WE DO NOT RECOMMEND USING OUR AUTO-FLOWERING VARIETIES (Dr. Green Seeds) WITH PHOTOPERIODS OF OVER 16 HOURS, AS THE PLANTS WILL TAKE A LONG TIME TO END THE PROCESS, TENDING TO GROW TO A HUGE SIZE AND RISKING GROWING BEYOND THE GROWER’S CONTROL.

Source: http://www.drgreenstore.com/index.php?main_page=page_4&zenid=2qq97tng3of91ukrvm5e3nfle5

wth? Out of control auto flowers? i mean seriously how out of control can a 2 foot plant get? :rofl:

--------------------

"You cant arrest me, im high I cant understand my rights!"

Nanook said:
" People learn differently. Some can observe and gather what they need, others need to do it and experience all the options. One of those options being: burning down a mini fridge. "

Anything posted by me related to cultivation or illegal activities is purely fictional. It is intended for educational or entertainment purposes only.

Please help support the fight for Medical Marijuana in Florida

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleStonethM
D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.
Male User Gallery

Loc: No where ville, USA Flag
Re: out of control plants? [Re: Miscusi]
    #604028 - 01/05/12 03:34 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Miscusi said:
Quote:

In any case, WE DO NOT RECOMMEND USING OUR AUTO-FLOWERING VARIETIES (Dr. Green Seeds) WITH PHOTOPERIODS OF OVER 16 HOURS, AS THE PLANTS WILL TAKE A LONG TIME TO END THE PROCESS, TENDING TO GROW TO A HUGE SIZE AND RISKING GROWING BEYOND THE GROWER’S CONTROL.

Source: http://www.drgreenstore.com/index.php?main_page=page_4&zenid=2qq97tng3of91ukrvm5e3nfle5

wth? Out of control auto flowers? i mean seriously how out of control can a 2 foot plant get? :rofl:

:lol:
Next time quote the whole statement please.
Quote:

• Use a photoperiod of 12-14-16 hours of light for faster results (OUR BEST RESULTS WERE OBTAINED WITH 12/12 and 14/10 PHOTOPERIODS). If you leave it at 18 hours, you will have to stop feeding with growth fertiliser after two weeks and force the plant of Marijuana to flower, leaving it in darkness for 24–48 hours and then resuming the photoperiod. In any case, WE DO NOT RECOMMEND USING OUR AUTO-FLOWERING VARIETIES (Dr. Green Seeds) WITH PHOTOPERIODS OF OVER 16 HOURS, AS THE PLANTS WILL TAKE A LONG TIME TO END THE PROCESS, TENDING TO GROW TO A HUGE SIZE AND RISKING GROWING BEYOND THE GROWER’S CONTROL.

Seems that their autos are somewhat photo sensitive.  Plants with to long of a light period, will delay/refuse to start flowering, causing a longer veg period.  Almost sounds like the perfect auto to grow scrog, having the ability to delay flowering and all.:yesnod:

--------------------
:getstoned:

InvisibleFurrowedBrowM
Free yourself from yourself
Male User Gallery

Loc: Carpal Tunnel
Re: out of control plants? [Re: Miscusi]
    #604038 - 01/05/12 04:37 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Stoneth said:

Seems that their autos are somewhat photo sensitive.  Plants with to long of a light period, will delay/refuse to start flowering, causing a longer veg period.  Almost sounds like the perfect auto to grow scrog, having the ability to delay flowering and all.:yesnod:

you mean, sog, right?

--------------------

Multidisciplinary Association for Psychedelic Studies - Become a member!
The Growery's Herb Museum (post #24)
I prefer dangerous freedom to peaceful slavery.
~ Thomas Jefferson ~

OfflineRasJeph
Psycho Pete
Male

Loc: Bumfuckt Egypt
Re: out of control plants? [Re: FurrowedBrow]
    #604040 - 01/05/12 04:55 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

I sure wouldn't mind an auto that took a little longer to veg. I mean, the really short ones are awesome and all, but if I could PLAN on a longer veg time, I'd be all for it.

As long as it was within my control and I knew roughly how long, that sounds great to me.

--------------------
Of course it's happening inside your head.
Why should that mean it isn't real?

InvisibleHawksresurrection
 User Gallery

Re: out of control plants? [Re: RasJeph]
    #604049 - 01/05/12 06:35 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

So auto flowers dont go through any stretch phase??  I guess I should have realized that since all the photos i see of them are friggin tiny.

--------------------
Dude she isn't as young as she use to be.

-niteowl

OfflineRasJeph
Psycho Pete
Male

Re: out of control plants? [Re: Hawksresurrection]
    #604051 - 01/05/12 07:00 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

I had a diesel ryder stretch a bit, but it might have been because it was one of the first plants I ever grew and had no idea what the fuck I was doing.

The girl my buddy has in his 24/0 veg room right now isn't stretching at all and shes been flowering for about 2 weeks.

Outdoors my autos didn't really stretch.

So yeah, I'd say they don't :tongue2: Unfortunately theres not really time to top them either though :sad:

--------------------

OfflineRasJeph
Psycho Pete
Male

Re: out of control plants? [Re: RasJeph]
    #604052 - 01/05/12 07:02 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Also, I wouldn't suggest buying those seeds if they are unstable autos...I mean, it seems like they haven't really put in enough work with them if they are "semi-autos"...I mean, the whole point of autos is the ability to run them in a veg room as far as I'm concerned.

If I have to put it in my flower room or reduce the light from my veg light, its not an auto, its an inconvenient early flowerer imo.

--------------------

InvisibleStonethM
D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.
Male User Gallery

Loc: No where ville, USA Flag
Re: out of control plants? [Re: FurrowedBrow]
    #604062 - 01/05/12 08:03 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

FurrowedBrow said:
Quote:

Stoneth said:

you mean, sog, right?

No man.
By that write up, you could take their auto and grow under greater than 18 hours of light to prevent the plant from flowering, which would give one time to train into a scrog before dropping the light cycle down to 16 hrs or less.
They don't sound like any autos I've ever read about.
Typical autos would flower under 24 hr cycle, which would be best done in sog from seed.  With them there is no time for training.

--------------------
:getstoned:

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds