Home | Community | Message Board

Royal Queen Seeds Cannabis Seeds
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineA To The K
Smokey

Canna Coco
    #601880 - 12/17/11 07:55 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

So...I'll admit...I'm fucking loving coco. I very well might switch permanently. I'm currently using the Fox Farm trio (with Calmag and Snowstorm) and having very good results.

I'm thinking of switching over to the canna Coco line if I do indeed make up my mind to switch. I've heard a lot of love from various growers around the interwebs, but I'm looking for someone with extensive experience. Do you think it'll be THAT much better than what I'm currently using? Does that particular nutrient build up less salts?

Maryanne or Magash around?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineHempMaster
Space Trucker
Male User Gallery

Loc: Canada Flag
Re: Canna Coco [Re: A To The K]
    #601892 - 12/17/11 09:16 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

A To The K said:
So...I'll admit...I'm fucking loving coco. I very well might switch permanently. I'm currently using the Fox Farm trio (with Calmag and Snowstorm) and having very good results.

I'm thinking of switching over to the canna Coco line if I do indeed make up my mind to switch. I've heard a lot of love from various growers around the interwebs, but I'm looking for someone with extensive experience. Do you think it'll be THAT much better than what I'm currently using? Does that particular nutrient build up less salts?

Maryanne or Magash around?

I've never used coco b4, but know many who get great results with it, generally any hydroponic nutes work with it. Personally i prefer to use the bare minimum of mediums, i was using 1' rockwool cubes and Hydroton, but now i don't even use rockwool anymore that i now use a aeroponic cloner, now i just go right into the clay pellets. much more efficient i find as i can re-use the pellets. I prefer to avoid any type of soil or soiless mix, i just find it messy. Though my moms sit in a 50/50 mix of perlite and peatmoss. But soon i'm getting rid of that and going to hydrofarm systems for each mom i have...

Generally i think the medium of choice is mainly a person thing, i know ppl who prefer actual soil over soiless or hydro. Just go with whatever you find easiest and most efficient for your setup.

--------------------
My Tombstone will read: IwasburiedfacedownsoucanallkissmyA$$
my current grow

Offlinephrostbyte
Hydro Grower

Re: Canna Coco [Re: HempMaster]
    #601921 - 12/17/11 03:25 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

1" Rockwool cubes Hydroton and water for me! Can avg an inch of growth a day.  Once I get the cloning down I will ditch the rock wool as well.

Offlinekln
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Canna Coco [Re: phrostbyte]
    #602944 - 12/26/11 05:45 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

From my experience the first thing to notice over the change from dirt to coco is that with the same pot size, you can grow more roots with coco and so the plant also grows bigger.

What i also noticed is that the absorption of nutrients by the plants are way faster than in dirt, you'll see your feeding affecting the plant sooner.

Remember you got to feed all nutrients needed to coco, in some areas you might need to add cal-mag besides the canna line depending on your local water.

There's no better proof than a side by side even with a small batch, because what works for some ppl might not work for others.

Good Luck!

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies