Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Invisibledouble
Diesel

Plant material extraction questions
    #596215 - 11/08/11 02:16 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Hello,

did anybody here perform a chloroform extraction of plant material? Would there be any way to condense solvent thus allowing to be reused?

Reading around it seems like chloroform would be the best solvent for THC extraction since it doesn't dissolve waxes and chlorophyll and it doesn't mix with water.

How would this compare to a ice hash extraction difficulty- and yield-wise?

Thank you

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibledouble
Diesel

Re: Plant material extraction questions [Re: double]
    #597700 - 11/20/11 10:59 AM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Nobody?

Ok, so a different question:

would extracting plant material with say acetone, evaporating everything and then dissolving that sticky mess (due to chlorophyll and waxes dissolved by acetone or alcohol) in a smaller amount of chloroform yield a purified material while requiring less high-end solvent due to pre-processing with a cheap one?

Would chilling that first all-around solvent to 15°F make any difference?

Thank you

OfflineRasJeph
Psycho Pete
Male

Loc: Bumfuckt Egypt
    #597822 - 11/21/11 07:21 AM (12 years, 4 months ago)

If you freeze your bud/shake before hand to get the trichs brittle and ready to fall off, AND use cold iso, AND only shake it around (I swirl it actually) for 30 seconds, you hardly pull out anything you don't want. I had my iso dry up white once, I was so confused. It was just cloudy trichs and a real good extraction.

And of course any consecutive washes will result in a more pure end result...but its not needed at all.

--------------------
Of course it's happening inside your head.
Why should that mean it isn't real?

Invisibledouble
Diesel

Re: Plant material extraction questions [Re: RasJeph]
    #597855 - 11/21/11 12:28 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

RasJeph said:
If you freeze your bud/shake before hand to get the trichs brittle and ready to fall off, AND use cold iso, AND only shake it around (I swirl it actually) for 30 seconds, you hardly pull out anything you don't want. I had my iso dry up white once, I was so confused. It was just cloudy trichs and a real good extraction.

And of course any consecutive washes will result in a more pure end result...but its not needed at all.

I guess getting other stuff dissolved won't be an issue if you let it dry then redissolve in a more selective solvent (chloroform). also by letting plant material soak for longer than 30 seconds, won't it draw more THC in solution too?

My question was if, given that solvent extraction have better yields than say bubble hash etc., would it have been feasible to dissolve about everything in acetone (soaking for some hours) then evaporating, then redissolving that junk mix in a more selective and costly solvent like chloroform, which should be the best for THC extraction.

InvisibleP-O

#597937 - 11/22/11 02:32 AM (12 years, 4 months ago)

I dont know anyone who has used chloroform for a extraction.  w

ould it evaporate without any residue? If so let us know how the extraction goes...

imo...  iso oil< butane oil < bubble hash...

OfflineDudeTron
 User Gallery

Re: Plant material extraction questions [Re: P-O]
    #598029 - 11/22/11 01:40 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

I was researching some some of the chemicals in 'contact cleaner' trying to determine if it would be safe and effective as a mostly Hexane based extraction...

Anyway I came across this intense chemistry article specific to extraction of cannibinoids and hemp chemicals...

Quote:

6.2 Extraction ~
Chloroform is the most efficient solvent for the extraction of THC from cannabis. A single extraction will remove 98-99% of the cannabinoids within 30 minutes. A second extraction removes only 88-99% of the cannabinoids within 30 minutes. A second extraction removes 100% of the THC.

Invisibledouble
Diesel

Re: Plant material extraction questions [Re: DudeTron]
    #598505 - 11/26/11 05:04 AM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Thank you. I thought that first extraction with a cheap solven would have reduced overall purification mass for a dipping in chloroform

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals