Home | Community | Message Board

Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineSmallCheese
Stranger

Apartment Block Stank
    #594735 - 10/30/11 11:31 AM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Any apartment block closet growers?

It seems tempting to grow 3 or 4 plants in the closet instead of buying my medicine,

but my question is how bad is the smell because I live in apartment with neighbors above.

I was thinking the closet could be sealed up and attach a carbon filter extractor fan but would that really cut it?

I mean cuz some weed stanks so much I'm worried the smell would go up into the guy aboves apartment or make our apartment stink.

What if the landlord comes to the door or wants to look inside would he smell it or would some scented plug-ins mask any residual odor?

Am I worrying to much or is this a problem that makes it too risky?

Edited by SmallCheese (10/30/11 11:37 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineRasJeph
Psycho Pete
Male

Loc: Bumfuckt Egypt
Re: Apartment Block Stank [Re: SmallCheese]
    #594741 - 10/30/11 12:22 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

I have a friend with a few plant setup. Honestly, I can usually smell it when I walk in and he has a carbon filter. I really can't smell it until I'm in his hallway though, which he doesn't share with anyone.

It probably depends on how small the apartment is. His is a house split in half.

--------------------
Of course it's happening inside your head.
Why should that mean it isn't real?

OfflineSmallCheese
Stranger

Re: Apartment Block Stank [Re: RasJeph]
    #594747 - 10/30/11 01:05 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

I read on here that theres a strain called papaya that doesn't smell at all.

I figure just a couple of plants, in a sealed closet, with a carbon extractor, next to an open window, with the low odour strain.

The apartment has a bedroom at the back so I think hopefully with the door shut the smell won't come intop the rest of the apartment but I spose theres only 1 way to find out...

If the stink does come through the prject will have to be abandoned...

the other issue is you get used ot the smell if you are sleeping in with them, so I hope I can still tell when it stinks!

OfflineRasJeph
Psycho Pete
Male

Loc: Bumfuckt Egypt
    #594749 - 10/30/11 01:10 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

I don't smell mine throughout the day, but sometimes when I come home and walk in the door I can. Thats how you can tell if they have the stank.

And yeah, it'd be cool to try.

IIRC Northern Lights #5 is supposed to be low odor as well.

My Troublemaker (Master Kush x Hindu Kush) didn't have any stink at all, until it was cured in the jar for like 4 months.

--------------------
Of course it's happening inside your head.
Why should that mean it isn't real?

OfflineHempMaster
Space Trucker
Male User Gallery

Loc: Canada Flag
    #594772 - 10/30/11 06:23 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

SmallCheese said:
Any apartment block closet growers?

It seems tempting to grow 3 or 4 plants in the closet instead of buying my medicine,

but my question is how bad is the smell because I live in apartment with neighbors above.

I was thinking the closet could be sealed up and attach a carbon filter extractor fan but would that really cut it?

I mean cuz some weed stanks so much I'm worried the smell would go up into the guy aboves apartment or make our apartment stink.

What if the landlord comes to the door or wants to look inside would he smell it or would some scented plug-ins mask any residual odor?

Am I worrying to much or is this a problem that makes it too risky?

If you seal the closet properly with plastic, and have a carbon filter running even the smelliest strains can be controlled. any excess smell can be controlled by a ONA Block put into the vent ducting. if you only want to grow a few plants u should look on ebay for a real small tent, i've seen them as small as 2x2x5. I live in a apartment and use a 5x5x7 tent with a 18 plant table and carbon filter, and have not had a single smell problem yet.

--------------------
My Tombstone will read: IwasburiedfacedownsoucanallkissmyA$$
my current grow

OfflineSmallCheese
Stranger

Re: Apartment Block Stank [Re: HempMaster]
    #594949 - 11/01/11 07:08 AM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Cool :cheers:

Whats an una block?

So you put it in the ducting after the carbon filter or before?

OfflineSmallCheese
Stranger

#594950 - 11/01/11 07:10 AM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Is electricity consumption a real problem?

Like if you had 600w running 18 hours a day, are the electricy company going to report it?  Or is just like having a TV and computer turned on?

Offlinewire5
Awesome Possum

Loc: "The sticks"
Re: Apartment Block Stank [Re: SmallCheese] * 1
    #594971 - 11/01/11 10:12 AM (12 years, 4 months ago)

I wouldn't worry about the electric company. If anything they want you to grow. Because that means more electricity to use. I seriously wouldn't worry about the electrical side. And if I'm not mistaken 600 watts is probably like an average tv or computer being left on too often.

--------------------
In order to grow good weed you need to be part carpenter, electrician, plumber, biologist, geneticist, chemist, and very willing to get dirty.

I've been working with power tools since I was 8, my dad is an electrical engineer who owned a 280 gal fish tank, and I studied biology with a specialty in genetics. Getting dirty comes naturally. I think my parents inadvertently trained me to be a weed grower.

See what you think on my first try.

OfflineHempMaster
Space Trucker
Male User Gallery

Loc: Canada Flag
    #595066 - 11/01/11 04:33 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

SmallCheese said:
Cool :cheers:

Whats an una block?

So you put it in the ducting after the carbon filter or before?

An ONA block is a gel or solid compound that traps smells and releases a non plant smell, the ones i use smell like fresh laundry lol and u put it in the exhaust ducting after the carbon filter...honestly if the strain your growing isn't really stinky you won't need one....just play it by ear...or nose as it goes lol

Quote:

SmallCheese said:
Is electricity consumption a real problem?

Like if you had 600w running 18 hours a day, are the electricy company going to report it?  Or is just like having a TV and computer turned on?

no, like wire said they don't care, think about it, my PC has a 700w power supply and its on 24/7 if they reported power usage to the fuzz everyone with a decent pc would be suspect LOL truth is they only get annoyed when u steal their power, not if you pay for it...

--------------------
My Tombstone will read: IwasburiedfacedownsoucanallkissmyA$$
my current grow

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies