Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineRasJeph
Psycho Pete
Male

Loc: Bumfuckt Egypt
Marijuana "Class"
    #582823 - 09/01/11 06:34 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

I wanna start this off saying that I'm not trying to make myself sound like a professor - far from it. I am definitely always learning myself, and I still have a LOT to learn. I do however consider myself someone who knows a more-than-average amount of stuff about cannabis. I like to read and get facts rather than just repeat information I learned blindly somewhere. I like to back stuff up that I'm saying I guess.

Anyway, my cousin is pretty interested in weed. Maybe almost as much as I was. Hes younger, and isn't as good with a computer as I was. So I asked him if he'd like to learn to grow. He already had started and failed a few times. I know his mom is 100% cool with him learning...she knows that medical marijuana is a quickly growing industry.

I don't really want to get into it. I could type an essay on why I feel like its ok. Haters gonna hate. Please, don't waste a lot of time warning me, I've balanced it carefully in my head. He'll be a medical patient soon enough.

So anyway, I was gonna just teach him as we went at his house every weekend. I wanted to maybe make a print out of just the real basic things I'll tell him for the day, since it is a lot of info to absorb all at once. (he can't really just "bookmark" something I said, right?) Hes interested so I think he'd really appreciate that effort.

I'm thinking:

Short history (mainly just tell him the different types of weed sativa, indica all that jazz. Maybe about its use in medicine, just a short thing. I don't want him to get too bored on day one haha)

Equipment and setup (learning about nutes and lighting, grow mediums, etc also how to set up grow rooms safely and correctly so there aren't fires and stuff)

Germination and planting (the actual act of getting the plant in the medium and putting it in)

Veg growth (topping, lst, transplanting, feeding)

Flower (looking closely at trichs, determining male from female, feeding)

Harvest (hanging, curing, manicuring)

Hash (different types, etc)

Different ways to smoke and edibles (self explanitory)

Can anyone think of anything else? Would anyone here be interested in helping me edit this and stuff once I get it going? Would anyone like a copy for themselves? Its always nice to have a field guide. I think I'll even print an extra for me to keep!

Thanks for reading this drawn out post. I'm pretty baked so I apologize for rambling.  Jesus fuck I hurt my wrist pretty bad somehow just now.

--------------------
Of course it's happening inside your head.
Why should that mean it isn't real?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Re: Marijuana "Class" [Re: RasJeph]
    #582827 - 09/01/11 06:42 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

If he's a first timer just keep it basic and recommend nutes like Pure Blend Pro. You can go nuts with the stuff and it won't burn your plants.

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

:growingweed: Join us at the Growery! :growingweed:

OfflineRasJeph
Psycho Pete
Male

Re: Marijuana "Class" [Re: Magash]
    #582829 - 09/01/11 06:46 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

Yeah, his mom kinda wants some smoke too but shes certainly not gonna go buy it so she offered to give him a bit of money to start up.

I'm gonna go with him when he buys stuff and show him whats good. Good lookin' out, I'll have him check that out then :yesnod:

--------------------

Invisiblenannybooboo
 User Gallery
Re: Marijuana "Class" [Re: RasJeph] * 1
    #582845 - 09/01/11 07:22 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

get him to register here

InvisibleStonethM
D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.
Male User Gallery

Loc: No where ville, USA Flag
Re: Marijuana "Class" [Re: nannybooboo]
    #582850 - 09/01/11 07:55 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

nannybooboo said:
get him to register here

Yes the more the merrier.:bigyesnod:

--------------------
:getstoned:

Invisiblenannybooboo
 User Gallery
Re: Marijuana "Class" [Re: Stoneth] * 3
    #582855 - 09/01/11 08:10 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

keep him in the cult forums though, we'll eat 'em up like the pack of wolves we are. :rofldrunk:

OfflineRasJeph
Psycho Pete
Male

Re: Marijuana "Class" [Re: nannybooboo]
    #582980 - 09/02/11 06:14 AM (12 years, 7 months ago)

Haha. I'm not sure he'd understand how a forum works. Like I said, hes not the technological type. The only thing he does that involves technology is play Halo for like 12 hours a night :lol:

--------------------

InvisiblePandor

Re: Marijuana "Class" [Re: RasJeph] * 2
    #583282 - 09/03/11 11:28 AM (12 years, 7 months ago)

If he can't figure out how to click on the little internet browser icon, then type shit in to little boxes in a forum, he's gonna have a lot of trouble growing. Just a thought. Teach him Growery 101 first.

OfflineRasJeph
Psycho Pete
Male

Re: Marijuana "Class" [Re: Pandor]
    #583646 - 09/05/11 07:28 AM (12 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Pandor said:
If he can't figure out how to click on the little internet browser icon, then type shit in to little boxes in a forum, he's gonna have a lot of trouble growing. Just a thought. Teach him Growery 101 first.

I know a dude who grows 100+ plants at once and has some of the best weed I've ever smoked. He doesn't even know what the internet is.

I'd like for him to join here, but its just not his thing. His girlfriend manages his facebook for him because he refuses to do anything on a computer. :shrug:

Anyway, I bumped this because I found this quote...

"If I had a role model when I was younger learning how to grow dope, things would have been a lot smoother. Now, if some kid wants to grow dope they can come talk to me and instead of growing 6 or 7 times through 'denial and error' they're gonna get it right the first time and get some good dope." - Ricky :lol:

--------------------

InvisiblePandor

#583668 - 09/05/11 10:20 AM (12 years, 7 months ago)

With all the information available out there, any one can succeed now. All it takes is some money, hard work and perseverance. So many great growers out there(here) sharing info.

OfflineRasJeph
Psycho Pete
Male

Re: Marijuana "Class" [Re: Pandor]
    #583672 - 09/05/11 10:33 AM (12 years, 7 months ago)

Yeah, certainly a plus of the technology of today.

--------------------

OfflineManitou
Indépendantiste
Male User Gallery

Loc: Québecédelic
Re: Marijuana "Class" [Re: RasJeph] * 1
    #583693 - 09/05/11 01:26 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

RasJeph said:
"If I had a role model when I was younger learning how to grow dope, things would have been a lot smoother. Now, if some kid wants to grow dope they can come talk to me and instead of growing 6 or 7 times through 'denial and error' they're gonna get it right the first time and get some good dope." - Ricky :lol:

Shitstorm is on it's way :lahey:

--------------------
Pour un instant, j'ai respiré très fort
Ça m'a permis de visiter mon corps
Des inconnus vivent en roi chez moi
Moi qui avait accepté leurs lois
J'ai perdu mon temps à gagner du temps
J'ai besoin de me trouver une histoire à me conter
Pour instant j'ai oublié mon nom
Harmonium - Pour un instant
--------------------------------------------

OfflineKing Koopa
Natty
 User Gallery

#583700 - 09/05/11 02:46 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

megavideo.com

--------------------
Alcoholics Anonymous is a fellowship of men and women who share their experience, strength and hope with each other that they may solve their common problem and help others to recover from alcoholism.

The only requirement for membership is a desire to stop drinking. There are no dues or fees for A.A. membership; we are self-supporting through our own contributions. A.A. is not allied with any sect, denomination, politics, organization or institution; does not wish to engage in any controversy; neither endorses nor opposes any causes. Our primary purpose is to stay sober and help other alcoholics to achieve sobriety.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds