Home | Community | Message Board

Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com APE Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineI_AM_SWIM
Someone Who Isn't McKenna

do you believe in the supernatural at all?
    #582332 - 08/30/11 08:40 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

okay...just a fun topic for 2am. let's not get nasty over other people's views.

do you believe in the supernatural at all, and have you ever experienced anything you would consider supernatural?

yes/no

i've had a few experiences in my life which stick out vividly as more than coincidence. i'm not sure if i believe they were supernatural though.

1. when i was 16 or so, i walked outside to talk to my mom, who was using an edger on the sidewalk. as i come up to her, i got this sudden image/feeling that i needed to cover my eyes immediately. i shifted my head millimeters to the left as a stone shot out from where she was edging and hit me right on the bridge of my nose. would have taken out my eye if i stood still.

2. a few months ago, after not talking to my family for a long time, i was looking through one of the pockets i never use on my backpack and happened to find a polarized lens for my sister's oakley sunglasses (an extra). i called her and told her i found it, after which she told me that she was literally just going onto the oakley site to order a replacement because her lens was cracked.

3. many, many other miscellaneous times when i've heard unusual words on certain mediums (radio, audiobook, tv) and taken notice, then in the same day i've heard them used again in a different medium. this seems the most likely to just be coincidence, since after noticing words once, i would be more likely to notice them a second time, but still....the feeling is weird.

so, what do you say?

/// This post originated on the shroomery, and I just wanted to hear what people at the growery has to say about the supernatural.
do you believe in the "supernatural" at all?
You may choose only one

Votes accepted from (08/30/11 08:40 PM) to (No end specified)
View the results of this poll

--------------------
:tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineI_AM_SWIM

Re: do you believe in the supernatural at all? [Re: I_AM_SWIM]
    #582336 - 08/30/11 08:49 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

i once saw a UFO, but i was coming down on DOB at the time, so that could have something to do with it. :shrug:

but it was real

:shrug:

but then again, maybe my mind made it real, kind of like how all that we consider 'real' right now, wouldn't even be considered real if our mind/brain didn't do thangs wit it.

--------------------
:tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna:

Invisibledrawde
    #582337 - 08/30/11 09:01 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

We are hairless apes running around doin thangs on a giant flaming ball with a thin crust around it and even thiner habitable layer thats all flying around in space around another giant flaming ball except its about a million times bigger. Not to mention the galaxies, universe, atoms, subatoms, etc.  Keeping things in perspective, most supernatural occurrences are quite ordinary.

--------------------
King Koopa said:
The amount of pot that Gask smokes is equivalent to a guy shooting heroin on weekends

OfflineManitou
Indépendantiste
Male User Gallery

Loc: Québecédelic
Re: do you believe in the supernatural at all? [Re: drawde]
    #582338 - 08/30/11 09:05 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Yes I do. :blewmeanie:

--------------------
Pour un instant, j'ai respiré très fort
Ça m'a permis de visiter mon corps
Des inconnus vivent en roi chez moi
Moi qui avait accepté leurs lois
J'ai perdu mon temps à gagner du temps
J'ai besoin de me trouver une histoire à me conter
Pour instant j'ai oublié mon nom
Harmonium - Pour un instant
--------------------------------------------

OfflineCosmicFool
Psychoholic
 User Gallery

Loc: 203 Flag
Re: do you believe in the supernatural at all? [Re: Manitou] * 1
    #582347 - 08/30/11 09:23 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Yes

I believe in ghosts but I don't believe they are the souls of the dead

I've had an alien encounter but don't believe in extraterrestrial UFOs

Most Monsters (Big Foot, Nessie) I want to believe in but I find the lack of evidence unavoidable

I believe in most psychic abilities and magic but I think most people who make money off such things are con artists and/or fakes

--------------------

OfflineI_AM_SWIM

Re: do you believe in the supernatural at all? [Re: CosmicFool]
    #582351 - 08/30/11 09:37 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

I also have trouble believing that 'ghosts' are souls of the dead.
It may be possible that they are some sort of inter-dimensional entity, but
I think we gave the term for ghosts as souls of the dead in order to ease our death
anxiety.

I've experienced a lot of strange things happen in sober states of mind before, such as
synchronicities, etc. Or simply 'knowing' things due to 'magical' events that occur.

For example,

One time Gaskelort, the bizzle, and I were playing SC2. I can't remember exactly what
happened, but there were synchronicities one after the other, and we were all extremely
high out of our minds.

I collect random bagseed, and store them in a container. I opened the container, and one
literally popped out, and I had this gut-instinct that it was 'special' somehow.
So I kept i kept it somewhere where I wouldn't forget about it.

Well it turns out it was special, and it is now a flowering female. The rest of the seeds
I've had were all either hermies or males. So IDK, maybe I just got lucky, or maybe there
is something more to all of this.

:shrug:

--------------------

OfflineCosmicFool
Psychoholic
 User Gallery

Loc: 203 Flag
    #582355 - 08/30/11 09:51 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

I personally believe that ghosts are a natural phenomena
an imprinted energy signature (like the way sound can be recorded to vinyl)

and I experience synchronicity all the time but more with ideas
just recently I've been hearing a lot about holograms
from some very different sources
* I read an article about a hologram universe
* I found a McKenna lecture I've never heard
* My friend brought them up in conversation

--------------------

OfflineTHEBats
The Bridge Master
Male

Re: do you believe in the supernatural at all? [Re: CosmicFool]
    #582356 - 08/30/11 09:57 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

nope.  if certain "supernatural" things do exist then they are natural.

--------------------
kickin-two-hundo said:
you know what i did in english class? I came to class stoned out of my mind every day, i chugged vodka in the back of class, i put dead fish in the ceiling tiles. i put a gallon of old milk and orange juice in the file cabinet before winter vacation. i brought snakes in a tied up sweater and let them loose during class. i didnt go to school to learn, i went because i had to. i didnt care, and i didn't fucking listen to that stupid bitch. and i still don't fucking care. i tore the pages out of her books and burned them, and threw away all the books in the class, two books per day.  :twobooks:

OfflineScraps
Male

Loc: that shady alley
Re: do you believe in the supernatural at all? [Re: THEBats]
    #582363 - 08/30/11 10:21 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

THEBats said:
nope.  if certain "supernatural" things do exist then they are natural.

yea plus woudnt we just be as 'supernatural' as they are to eachother so its pretty redundant
anything in nature is natural in its own right :gethigh:

Offlinebryguy27007

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Minnesota
Re: do you believe in the supernatural at all? [Re: Scraps]
    #582387 - 08/31/11 12:14 AM (12 years, 6 months ago)

This thread is way better over here then at "the other place".

I can dig it.
:gethigh:

I can also dig on the "supernatural". Somebody has to define that for me though because supernatural could mean a few different things. Humans have yet to figure out most of the universe. It's not surprising in the least to me for things to happen that we can't yet explain.

InvisibleT-Rex
Herbsman
Male User Gallery

Loc: Devils Marbles Flag
    #582388 - 08/31/11 12:45 AM (12 years, 6 months ago)

I believe there are still thing we have not experienced, discovered and more likely than not things we will not be able to explain.

--------------------

OfflineRasJeph
Psycho Pete
Male

Loc: Bumfuckt Egypt
    #582402 - 08/31/11 06:25 AM (12 years, 6 months ago)

I believe anything is possible.

That said, I have one thing I experience...er, used to experience that I've never really heard anyone else talk about. Sometimes when I'm in a random place, usually next to some woods or a river or something natural like that, I get this really weird sensation. Its almost like a headrush from when you stand up too fast after sitting a long time. But its not the same. Its just really confusing. Kinda like I'm connecting to the place I'm in on a whole different level. I can feel something right above my stomach suddenly. I dunno. I like to describe it as almost a deja vu feeling...but one that I don't remember. Like from a past life or some shit.

I have no idea. I haven't had it in a while, since I was a kid. I believe kids are more in tune with that kind of shit, so maybe I had something that I lost before I could figure it out.

--------------------
Of course it's happening inside your head.
Why should that mean it isn't real?

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Myyco.com APE Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds