Home | Community | Message Board

Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineeNtranceAsexit
Bang-a-Bang-Boogie

THE SOOOO-CIOOOOOL-OGYYY THHHREEEAAAD!!!1
    #559742 - 05/30/11 04:57 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

this thread is simple, for now... :uptosomething:
post what you think ails society, and what we could do away with... or post what you think we could do with FOR society and what prevails in it, that you think is good for it.

"here he comes to save the daaaay!!!"

Edited by eNtranceAsexit (05/30/11 05:04 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinesmurf_master
Master Smurf

Loc: Everywhere Flag
Re: THE SOOOO-CIOOOOOL-OGYYY THHHREEEAAAD!!!1 [Re: eNtranceAsexit]
    #560114 - 05/31/11 09:02 AM (12 years, 9 months ago)

Religion and cigarettes.

OfflineTHEBats
The Bridge Master
Male

Re: THE SOOOO-CIOOOOOL-OGYYY THHHREEEAAAD!!!1 [Re: smurf_master] * 2
    #560181 - 05/31/11 11:45 AM (12 years, 9 months ago)

Laws should only be made restricting behavior which directly affects the quality of life or privacy of individuals.  Laws should not be made regarding behavior which only affects the individual.

--------------------
kickin-two-hundo said:
you know what i did in english class? I came to class stoned out of my mind every day, i chugged vodka in the back of class, i put dead fish in the ceiling tiles. i put a gallon of old milk and orange juice in the file cabinet before winter vacation. i brought snakes in a tied up sweater and let them loose during class. i didnt go to school to learn, i went because i had to. i didnt care, and i didn't fucking listen to that stupid bitch. and i still don't fucking care. i tore the pages out of her books and burned them, and threw away all the books in the class, two books per day.  :twobooks:

OfflineeNtranceAsexit
Bang-a-Bang-Boogie

Re: THE SOOOO-CIOOOOOL-OGYYY THHHREEEAAAD!!!1 [Re: THEBats]
    #560184 - 05/31/11 11:48 AM (12 years, 9 months ago)

good call, my good sir@!

privacy is vsdtly inferior in these days, it's in much need for improvement.
that's a great place to start; now how does religion play into this? appearntly religions are still very much tied into politics, in most countries... if not all of them.

where do we go from where we are at now? with all the wars and that oogie stuff. :dizope:

OfflineTHEBats
The Bridge Master
Male

#560191 - 05/31/11 11:53 AM (12 years, 9 months ago)

Religion is a private affair.  Only when it directly interferes with someone's health or well being does it become a problem, like those who would refuse medical attention in favor of prayer.

As a social influence though it's no more something to be controlled than the marijuana movement.  As I've mentioned before though, it's a private affair.  One that doesn't belong in any public institution as a requirement for course completion.

--------------------
kickin-two-hundo said:
you know what i did in english class? I came to class stoned out of my mind every day, i chugged vodka in the back of class, i put dead fish in the ceiling tiles. i put a gallon of old milk and orange juice in the file cabinet before winter vacation. i brought snakes in a tied up sweater and let them loose during class. i didnt go to school to learn, i went because i had to. i didnt care, and i didn't fucking listen to that stupid bitch. and i still don't fucking care. i tore the pages out of her books and burned them, and threw away all the books in the class, two books per day.  :twobooks:

OfflineeNtranceAsexit
Bang-a-Bang-Boogie

Re: THE SOOOO-CIOOOOOL-OGYYY THHHREEEAAAD!!!1 [Re: THEBats]
    #560193 - 05/31/11 11:55 AM (12 years, 9 months ago)

i agree accept for when polictics are involved... that's where most religious people should drop a line with thier "higher" being and say look, we'll see what YOU think.

politics... like you said, should be used to aid the privacy of ALL individuals.

continue on,... i am going to merc some demons in Heretic for a bit! :grin:

Offlinesmurf_master
Master Smurf

Re: THE SOOOO-CIOOOOOL-OGYYY THHHREEEAAAD!!!1 [Re: eNtranceAsexit] * 2
    #560339 - 05/31/11 03:47 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

If we are to progress as a society I think religion eventually needs to become obsolete. So many of the current debates and political issues stem from religious arguments. Abortion, stem cell research, gay marriage, etc. It's the 20th century and there are still groups that believe in the existence of a ever-present being who watches over them. Get real, I might as well believe in ra the sun god who travels across the sky with the sun upon his head in two boats.

I firmly believe religion has no place in modern society.

OfflineeNtranceAsexit
Bang-a-Bang-Boogie

Re: THE SOOOO-CIOOOOOL-OGYYY THHHREEEAAAD!!!1 [Re: smurf_master]
    #560345 - 05/31/11 03:59 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

i think that religions are believed to be sacred for good reason and the people who are doing things in politics and in sociology, are abhorring the relationship with the religions, and sucking spirituality from it; dry.

i think it's because of people's idyllic manifestations of bullshit, is what needs to be abolished. the ideal that one reflects in all, is the ideal that one is God among all.

i believe one is but one God and their are several billion right now on this planet.

:smile:

Offlinemellowparty
Ribosome user

Loc: 3'-UTR Flag
    #560348 - 05/31/11 04:02 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

If we are to progress as a society I think religion christianity eventually needs to become obsolete. So many of the current debates and political issues stem from religious arguments. Abortion, stem cell research, gay marriage, etc.

:smirk:

Not all religions proclaim the existence of a god thang. In fact there are religions that deny the existence of a god and state that everything can be explained in terms of rational reasoning (e.g. via science and logical arguments). I think the whole god thing is a socio-cultural relic that has morphed into a mental symbiont. It gives the believer a false sense of security in exchange for supporting its existence. Pretty :durrhurr: material.

Thanks to psychedelics and especially +350ug LSD dosage I discovered the true meaning of spirituality. Now I'm somewhat fond of the Buddhist ideas.

Christianity and Islam are heavy :huxleyfacepalm: stuff. I think we would be better off without it. IMO the politics and religion (in the specified sense) are why society sucks. Laws should be based on scientific arguments.

As far as the drug war is concerned I love what A. Hofmann said. Something in the lines of 'instead of a war on drugs why not look into a drug that will end war' SO MUCH WIN in this statement :whoo:

--------------------

Offlinesmurf_master
Master Smurf

#560352 - 05/31/11 04:08 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

What if that all the god and religion dogma that has accumulated over the centuries, was merely due to visitors from another planet/galaxy/universe/reality. To me that sounds equally if not more plausible than any number of other religious beliefs.

OfflineManitou
Indépendantiste
Male User Gallery

Loc: Québecédelic
    #560353 - 05/31/11 04:09 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

smurf_master said:
If we are to progress as a society I think religion eventually needs to become obsolete. So many of the current debates and political issues stem from religious arguments. Abortion, stem cell research, gay marriage, etc. It's the 20th century and there are still groups that believe in the existence of a ever-present being who watches over them. Get real, I might as well believe in ra the sun god who travels across the sky with the sun upon his head in two boats.

I firmly believe religion has no place in modern society.

I totally do not agree with this, yes, religious arguments about things like that are totally retarded, but it doesn't mean religions needs to disappear, the only religions that causes trouble are monotheist religions (Christiannism, Judaism & Islam) They are the only one who will attempt to force people to join their religion, they are the one who will attempt to defend their arguments with religious bullshit, if you look at polytheism, it is totally different, it is a lifestyle, not a "religion", it is not separated from the other parts of their life. They live what they believe, like animism, they do not even doubt if the spirits are real or not, they live with them since they are born and they will never attempt to try to convert someone to their beliefs, they accept the other beliefs of the other cultures, for them it is just different points of view, it is not the only truth about the world. This might not work with Hinduism, it is a little bit different than other polytheists religions.

--------------------
Pour un instant, j'ai respiré très fort
Ça m'a permis de visiter mon corps
Des inconnus vivent en roi chez moi
Moi qui avait accepté leurs lois
J'ai perdu mon temps à gagner du temps
J'ai besoin de me trouver une histoire à me conter
Pour instant j'ai oublié mon nom
Harmonium - Pour un instant
--------------------------------------------

Offlinesmurf_master
Master Smurf

Re: THE SOOOO-CIOOOOOL-OGYYY THHHREEEAAAD!!!1 [Re: mellowparty]
    #560354 - 05/31/11 04:09 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

mellowparty said:
Laws should be based on scientific arguments.

Things would be so much better. I bet we'd even have our own personal jetpacks and blowjob robots by now.

OfflineeNtranceAsexit
Bang-a-Bang-Boogie

#560358 - 05/31/11 04:12 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

smurf_master said:
What if that all the god and religion dogma that has accumulated over the centuries, was merely due to visitors from another planet/galaxy/universe/reality. To me that sounds equally if not more plausible than any number of other religious beliefs.

and equally as far-fetched and thus-far unprovable.

isn't that sorta queer? like a religion? :grin:

Offlinesmurf_master
Master Smurf

#560366 - 05/31/11 04:15 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

All of it is queer. Exactly.

OfflineTangerines
Grease Wizard
Male

Re: THE SOOOO-CIOOOOOL-OGYYY THHHREEEAAAD!!!1 [Re: smurf_master] * 1
    #560368 - 05/31/11 04:17 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

I think bonfires should be a law and I can do whatever so long as I only harm myself.  It would be like America on mescaline with a dash of coitus.  A man can dream. Don't shoot me bro.

OfflineSkatealex2
Stranger

Re: THE SOOOO-CIOOOOOL-OGYYY THHHREEEAAAD!!!1 [Re: Tangerines]
    #560373 - 05/31/11 04:19 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

I think the war on drugs is stupid as hell.

Offlinesmurf_master
Master Smurf

Re: THE SOOOO-CIOOOOOL-OGYYY THHHREEEAAAD!!!1 [Re: Skatealex2]
    #560377 - 05/31/11 04:21 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

Where do you draw the line for illegal drugs, legalize it all? Or just some of it.

OfflineeNtranceAsexit
Bang-a-Bang-Boogie

Re: THE SOOOO-CIOOOOOL-OGYYY THHHREEEAAAD!!!1 [Re: Skatealex2]
    #560378 - 05/31/11 04:22 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

or maybe the thoughts of a few men weren't coherent with the formal consciousness of duality and their historical life's contents were taken out of context for everyone to follow blindly in the delusion of their balance with their unconscious and conscious minds?

leading to their belief that in oneness with one supreme being you are serving the greatest good, whilst at the same time not realizing that they are following a judging, non-perceiving mind, and are generally making up an illusions for themselves to carry?
Quote:

Tangerines said:
I think bonfires should be a law and I can do whatever so long as I only harm myself.  It would be like America on mescaline with a dash of coitus.  A man can dream. Don't shoot me bro.

this one is SO OBVIOUS, it's real :seriousbusiness:

that kinda shit is obliviously stupid... sorta liek...
Quote:

Skatealex2 said:
the war on drugs...

which IS stupid as hell, alex2.

OfflineeNtranceAsexit
Bang-a-Bang-Boogie

#560379 - 05/31/11 04:23 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

smurf_master said:
Where do you draw the line for illegal drugs, legalize it all? Or just some of it.

legalize it all... stop the import of the drugs into your country... and then grow your own weed and go to spain or south america to get your cocaine and heroin.

simple.

OfflineManitou
Indépendantiste
Male User Gallery

Loc: Québecédelic
    #560380 - 05/31/11 04:23 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

smurf_master said:

Legalize everything wouldn't be good idea at all, they should at least legalize unharmful drugs like weed & shrooms, but shit like heroin or anything that comes from opium shouldn't be legalized in my opinion, it would cause way too much trouble...

--------------------
Pour un instant, j'ai respiré très fort
Ça m'a permis de visiter mon corps
Des inconnus vivent en roi chez moi
Moi qui avait accepté leurs lois
J'ai perdu mon temps à gagner du temps
J'ai besoin de me trouver une histoire à me conter
Pour instant j'ai oublié mon nom
Harmonium - Pour un instant
--------------------------------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies