Home | Community | Message Board

Royal Queen Seeds Cannabis Seeds
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Injection Grain Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineMr. Magooey
Stranger

Clippings and extraction Q's..
    #512190 - 01/09/11 06:48 AM (13 years, 2 months ago)

So a friend of mine has access to all kinds of trimmings etc and wants me to help him do some extractions. He's not very good with technical stuff so I said I'd help out for a little compensation. I'm a shroomery member so thought I'd be more familiar with this site's set up etc.

I've been looking at hexane teks and they seem like a decent way to go. The only electrical cleaner I can find on a Sunday however is comprised of glycol ether, propellant and something called orange terpenes. Anyone know if that would work? I assume it would but I don't know how clean or effective it'd be.

Cheers for any help, be gentle it's my first post.

--------------------
Forever loving jars (of grain). :mushroom2:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflinePsuper
حشيش حشّاشين
 User Gallery

Loc: Left Coast
Re: Clippings and extraction Q's.. [Re: Mr. Magooey]
    #512630 - 01/10/11 05:08 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

I haven't heard of orange terpenes or limonene being used for cannabis extractions.

I would recommend finding something else.

Also, you should really be test evaporating your solvent of choice to make sure it evaps totally clean, before asking if it is alright online.

--------------------
Shroomery.org

OfflineOregonChronic
State of Jefferson

Loc: Oregon
Re: Clippings and extraction Q's.. [Re: Psuper]
    #512734 - 01/10/11 07:21 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

I think he was stating that the only electrical cleaners he can find are impure with what he listed.

But i honestly have been wondering about making cannabis oil from d-limonene.

Because all the chemical solvents i always use leave behind some type of impurity when evap tested. Or some funky smell in the oil.

D-limonene floats on top of water like other non-polar chemical solvents. This means that if the d-limo dissolves too much chlorphyll during the extraction, a water wash can be done by adding water and mixing.

Then the d-limo is sucked out the top with a turkey baster and is fully seperated from the chlorphyllic water in the bottom(use tall and skinny container).

It seems this would make a pretty nice organic extract that would probably taste like oranges when smoked :grin:

Edited by OregonChronic (01/14/11 10:57 PM)

Offlinejaybris
Stranger
Re: Clippings and extraction Q's.. [Re: OregonChronic]
    #513035 - 01/11/11 04:35 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

What about just a butane extraction?

OfflineOregonChronic
State of Jefferson

Re: Clippings and extraction Q's.. [Re: jaybris]
    #513065 - 01/11/11 06:11 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

jaybris said:
What about just a butane extraction?

Quote:

OregonChronic said:
Because all the chemical solvents i always use leave behind some type of impurity when evap tested. Or some funky smell in the oil.

OfflineOregonChronic
State of Jefferson

#513068 - 01/11/11 06:17 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

You could use butane and i'd say it yields the best oil. Pure enough oil to whip into budder. But i disagree with the unknown impurities it shows when sprayed on a clean mirror to be evap tested. It leaves behind a water stain type of look.

Maybe if i had a source of known 100% PURE N-Butane i would try it again. But until then, d-limonene sounds like a pretty chill organic solvent that actually floats on top of water

Offlinejaybris
Stranger
    #513132 - 01/11/11 09:54 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

I will have to look into d-limonene. First I have ever heard of it.

OfflineMr. Magooey
Stranger

Re: Clippings and extraction Q's.. [Re: Psuper]
    #513362 - 01/13/11 09:27 AM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Psuper said:
I haven't heard of orange terpenes or limonene being used for cannabis extractions.

I would recommend finding something else.

Also, you should really be test evaporating your solvent of choice to make sure it evaps totally clean, before asking if it is alright online.

I hadn't bought anything at that point, I didn't want to waste my money if someone knew it wouldn't work. He ended up making some basic filter screens and doing a crude shake down, worked fairly well.

I have another friend that builds helicopters and he says they have all kinds of solvents with propellant, so I think I have a steady free source of Hexane which is nice. It's been years since I did any of this stuff, gave up growing in my 20's.

Cheers for the input all. :jah:

--------------------
Forever loving jars (of grain). :mushroom2:

Offlinesoterik
Stranger
    #521998 - 02/01/11 01:49 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

I have let 1.5 oz of my medicine set in a 0.5 liter of ethanol. Now I have a green solution that is very sticky and smells like alfalfa. I have tried a lot of different filter papers but the green just passes thru. anyone have a suggestion?

Offlinesoterik
Stranger
    #521999 - 02/01/11 01:53 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Have you tried 190proof everclear. that a distilled alcohol from grain.

OfflineTank333
Psychotic Hippie
Male User Gallery

Loc: Washington
Re: Clippings and extraction Q's.. [Re: soterik]
    #522151 - 02/01/11 09:51 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

I just finished an awesome tincture with about 2/3 of a fifth of everclear and a half p of sugar leaf and shake...

That yeilded some of the most potent tincture I've ever had.

--------------------
My best run so far

OfflineOregonChronic
State of Jefferson

Re: Clippings and extraction Q's.. [Re: Tank333]
    #524381 - 02/07/11 03:05 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Tank333 said:
I just finished an awesome tincture with about 2/3 of a fifth of everclear and a half p of sugar leaf and shake...

Sounds like it'd come out black and shitty honestly. Using alcohol to extract leaves is about the worst way.

I will no longer try to make oil from leaves and alcohol. Its just too shitty. I will only make oil from alcohol if it is 95-99% and with buds. And i mean frosty phyre buds.

I want to pretty bad...make some oil from buds and 95% grain alcohol. Sounds like it'd be a tasty extract.

OfflineTank333
Psychotic Hippie
Male User Gallery

Loc: Washington
    #524396 - 02/07/11 03:29 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

OregonChronic said:
Quote:

Tank333 said:

Sounds like it'd come out black and shitty honestly. Using alcohol to extract leaves is about the worst way.

I will no longer try to make oil from leaves and alcohol. Its just too shitty. I will only make oil from alcohol if it is 95-99% and with buds. And i mean frosty phyre buds.

I want to pretty bad...make some oil from buds and 95% grain alcohol. Sounds like it'd be a tasty extract.

It did come out quite dark, but definitely not shitty. If I could afford to use the nougs for it, I would, but those sell well, shake does not. I'm considering allowing some of it to evap into an iol, but I think it will all sell before I get the chance...

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Injection Grain Bag