Home | Community | Message Board

High Mountain Gold Compost
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisibleDr. SiekadellykM
Question Everything!
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Ketamine Flag
Miley Cyrus` bong smoking causes increase in sales of herbal drug
    #505182 - 12/13/10 08:34 AM (13 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Miley Cyrus` bong smoking causes increase in sales of herbal drug

Miley Cyrus' bong-smoking activities have caused a rise in sales of the herbal drug she was smoking.

The 18-year-old was recently spotted smoking the legal drug salvia divinorum and sales have increased up to three times in some places.

According to TMZ, several stores in LA have seen sales radically increase and some people have even asked for 'the stuff Miley was smoking' when they into the stores.

One shop employee said to the US website: 'Salvia is one of those things that you only try once because it is so intense.'

There has been discussions about banning the drug in California as it is already illegal in 15 states.

http://www.monstersandcritics.com/people/news/article_1605253.php/Miley-Cyrus-bong-smoking-causes-increase-in-sales-of-herbal-drug

http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/13625007#13625007

--------------------
The Kratom Report...

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Question Everything!
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Miley Cyrus` bong smoking causes increase in sales of herbal drug [Re: Dr. Siekadellyk]
    #505193 - 12/13/10 09:05 AM (13 years, 3 months ago)

I swear people can be dumbasses.
Lots of people obviously believe Salvia is a horrible drug and yet they advertise the shit to everybody by showing these videos and stories all over the news and how fun everybody is having with it and where to buy it.

Most people wouldn't have a clue what salvia is if it wasn't for the fucking news stations "Warning" parents about the new "dangerous drug" that they know nothing about but over exaggerated lies thinking it will show people to stay away, when in reality people wonder.
Why no health aspect comparison?

They basically caused their little "problem" to grow nationwide over the past couple years by practically telling everybody about this LEGAL HALLUCINOGENIC HERB. OH MY!!
and this isn't even as big of a deal as they make it, shes 18, she smoked an herb. WHO GIVES A SHIT AT ALL. OH BOO HOO lets show it on TV to all the kids everywhere so they can wonder what this herb is and why their favorite pop star is smoking it.
Why aren't they reporting the breaking news of when she gets sick and takes some cough medicine, or the tabs she got from the dentist, or the cig she smoked yesterday? That's all legal too and pretty much worse for your body than a small toke of salvia...

This isn't some fucking candy land in a perfect reality where everybody is ignorant.
IT'S LIFE Get the fuck over it and think rationally to fix the problem (which I might add is not really a problem at all). but they seem to be making it one...

I agree some people make the herb look retarded, such as in this video, but c'mon it's not that big of a deal even if it was to "get fucked up"
It's all just part of this life and its not hurting anybody at all,
\rant for now. :facepalm:

--------------------
The Kratom Report...

Invisibledrawde
Re: Miley Cyrus` bong smoking causes increase in sales of herbal drug [Re: Dr. Siekadellyk]
    #505202 - 12/13/10 09:38 AM (13 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Dr. Siekadellyk said:
think rationally to fix the problem

You lost me here. :rolleyes:

--------------------
King Koopa said:
The amount of pot that Gask smokes is equivalent to a guy shooting heroin on weekends

OfflineFar Stox
Higher Education

Loc: Flag
Re: Miley Cyrus` bong smoking causes increase in sales of herbal drug [Re: drawde]
    #505206 - 12/13/10 09:45 AM (13 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

drawde said:
Quote:

Dr. Siekadellyk said:

That's where the rest of America gets lost too.

--------------------
"When I awaken,
The first thing on my mind,
A little bit of cornflakes,
And a blunt that's all mine."-PUTS

Question Everything!
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Miley Cyrus` bong smoking causes increase in sales of herbal drug [Re: drawde]
    #505221 - 12/13/10 10:35 AM (13 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

drawde said:
Quote:

Dr. Siekadellyk said:

Whats the problem? Obviously the way they perceive what they believe is a big problem and go about trying to warn people of what they are so ignorant about isn't helping and in fact is doing the opposite of what their expectations are.
I really could care less what they think though because I don't see a problem.
I just don't to see salvia pushed more towards a nationwide ban because of some exploited pop star and moral opinions.
Their lack of logical thinking is backfiring on them atm and is eventually going to lead to the herb being illegal faster than if they hadn't shown it all over television and got everybody exited to go out and find some to try it.

Invisibledrawde
    #505227 - 12/13/10 10:47 AM (13 years, 3 months ago)

But its a DRUG and is hurting our CHILDRUN.

--------------------
King Koopa said:
The amount of pot that Gask smokes is equivalent to a guy shooting heroin on weekends

Question Everything!
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #505228 - 12/13/10 10:48 AM (13 years, 3 months ago)

lol Are you serious?

I can't tell.:vaped:

--------------------
The Kratom Report...

Invisibledrawde
Re: Miley Cyrus` bong smoking causes increase in sales of herbal drug [Re: Dr. Siekadellyk] * 1
    #505231 - 12/13/10 10:56 AM (13 years, 3 months ago)

Millions are. :facepalm:

--------------------
King Koopa said:

Question Everything!
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #505233 - 12/13/10 10:59 AM (13 years, 3 months ago)

haha yeah, It's so ridiculous, and we can't really do much about that. : /

--------------------
The Kratom Report...

Invisibledrawde
    #505235 - 12/13/10 11:00 AM (13 years, 3 months ago)

Nah... just lead by example.

--------------------
King Koopa said:

Offlinecubie

#505236 - 12/13/10 11:00 AM (13 years, 3 months ago)

Def bad for salvia.

I personally dont care cuz I dont smoke it but its still a shame.

OfflineFRACTALife
Rust Fuckin' Cohle
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Carcosa Flag
Re: Miley Cyrus` bong smoking causes increase in sales of herbal drug [Re: cubie]
    #505264 - 12/13/10 12:16 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

cubie said:
Def bad for salvia.

I personally dont care cuz I dont smoke it but its still a shame.

It's a shame you don't care just because your not a fan.

--------------------

Offlinecubie

Re: Miley Cyrus` bong smoking causes increase in sales of herbal drug [Re: FRACTALife]
    #505267 - 12/13/10 12:22 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

WOAH WATCH THIS

OfflineFar Stox
Higher Education

Loc: Flag
Re: Miley Cyrus` bong smoking causes increase in sales of herbal drug [Re: FRACTALife]
    #505270 - 12/13/10 12:28 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

Salvia has already been banned in some states, and I'm sure more will follow because of the mindless idiots who are just going to see the video and smoke it without any idea what they're getting into. Granted, salvia trips aren't very lengthy, but shit is going to happen because it always does.

The thing that pisses me off the most is that people start to give drugs a bad rep because a certain few individuals will always manage to start abusing them or do something completely retarded on them. And then people will start throwing hissy fits about how dangerous it is, which will lead to wider bans.

There are going to be a certain few individuals who will always ruin something that would otherwise be safe. You might as well ban food for causing obesity, ban cars for running over children, and ban democracy for becoming a cesspool of corrupt degenerates. /endrant

--------------------
"When I awaken,
The first thing on my mind,
A little bit of cornflakes,
And a blunt that's all mine."-PUTS

InvisibleFurrowedBrowM
Free yourself from yourself
Male User Gallery

Loc: Carpal Tunnel
    #505278 - 12/13/10 12:58 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Dr. Siekadellyk said:
I swear people can be dumbasses.
Lots of people obviously believe Salvia is a horrible drug and yet they advertise the shit to everybody by showing these videos and stories all over the news and how fun everybody is having with it and where to buy it.

Most people wouldn't have a clue what salvia is if it wasn't for the fucking news stations "Warning" parents about the new "dangerous drug" that they know nothing about but over exaggerated lies thinking it will show people to stay away, when in reality people wonder.
Why no health aspect comparison?

They basically caused their little "problem" to grow nationwide over the past couple years by practically telling everybody about this LEGAL HALLUCINOGENIC HERB. OH MY!!
and this isn't even as big of a deal as they make it, shes 18, she smoked an herb. WHO GIVES A SHIT AT ALL. OH BOO HOO lets show it on TV to all the kids everywhere so they can wonder what this herb is and why their favorite pop star is smoking it.
Why aren't they reporting the breaking news of when she gets sick and takes some cough medicine, or the tabs she got from the dentist, or the cig she smoked yesterday? That's all legal too and pretty much worse for your body than a small toke of salvia...

This isn't some fucking candy land in a perfect reality where everybody is ignorant.
IT'S LIFE Get the fuck over it and think rationally to fix the problem (which I might add is not really a problem at all). but they seem to be making it one...

I agree some people make the herb look retarded, such as in this video, but c'mon it's not that big of a deal even if it was to "get fucked up"
It's all just part of this life and its not hurting anybody at all,
\rant for now. :facepalm:

for realz!  I remember someone asking a conference presenter about getting Salvia on schedule one.  The presenter said something about it not really being a fun drug and that not a lot of people who try it actually like it enough to try it again.  There aren't a lot of salvia addicts out there.  But he closed his statement by saying that he was talking with a dea person and was told that if it's not fun it's not schedule one, or something like that.  :lol:

--------------------

Multidisciplinary Association for Psychedelic Studies - Become a member!
The Growery's Herb Museum (post #24)
I prefer dangerous freedom to peaceful slavery.
~ Thomas Jefferson ~

OfflineThe_Philosophy
Apothecary

Loc: Surrounded by dead things
Re: Miley Cyrus` bong smoking causes increase in sales of herbal drug [Re: Far Stox] * 1
    #505279 - 12/13/10 01:00 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

The media and people are so negative with their scorn for this chick and the herb. I mean she aint drinkin or speeding just trying an herb... On camera though(wtf?) Its unfathomable the belief that people have that all entheogens do is evil and they should ban people from trying them for an unreasonable fear, that in no possible way, will affect them. The majority who eat it up are just hypocritical, self-imposing losers in the game called life.

The good thing is as a result of the video more people will be willing to try it  :shrug:

Invisibledrawde
Re: Miley Cyrus` bong smoking causes increase in sales of herbal drug [Re: The_Philosophy]
    #505281 - 12/13/10 01:02 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

Next thing she will turn into Britney v2.0 (or 3.0 or 4.0 or...) and they will say it was all because of the salvia.

--------------------
King Koopa said:

Question Everything!
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #505290 - 12/13/10 01:17 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

I'd hate to see any of these herbs banned really, but it seems more logical to ban something like Datura than Salvia. and you don't normally even hear a mention of it even though it could be way more dangerous if your not careful and there are many recorded hospital visits, anything from OD to be out of control.
:shrug:
They have all these morals, but morally how can you just ban part of our life (literally).
Nothing changes the fact that they can still think for themselves and are  entitled to an opinion either way.

--------------------
The Kratom Report...

Edited by Dr. Siekadellyk (12/13/10 02:32 PM)

Question Everything!
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #505301 - 12/13/10 01:52 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

Edit /\ :retawed:

Edited by Dr. Siekadellyk (12/13/10 01:54 PM)

OfflineeNtranceAsexit
Bang-a-Bang-Boogie

#505342 - 12/13/10 04:47 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

The threads of consciousness that people are strung up to make it harder and harder to keep anything to yourself and to have it mean anything other then progressive mob fueling.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale