Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds UK
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinekickin-two-hundo
|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅| ♪♫♪♫♪♫
Male User Gallery

Loc: afghanistan
NUTRIENT experts only please, very important nutrient question
    #426906 - 06/01/10 02:22 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

Okay i am about to purchase new nutrients, now i want to know what are the BEST nutrients i can buy, they are all from like 40 to 80 bucks, so im not so concerned about the price. I was set on floranova grow and bloom, but then i read some stuff about it that wasnt so great, which turned me off of it. So im looking at either the three part flora nova, the two part flora nova grow and bloom, or the advanced nutrient three part grow, bloom, micro, or the three part fox farms grow big, tiger bloom, and whatever the other one is. Thers also the floralicious line which i am wondering about.

Also i am going to get some other nutrients along with the main nutrients, heres what im looking at. Koolbloom, or advanced nutrients big bud, superthrive or budswell. Thanks for the input, i kno this may be a difficult question, i am looking for a very specific answer.

--------------------
The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time.

anything and everything i post on here is completely fictional and come straight from the deepest depths of the black hole which is my mind.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleInverted
CNC Machinist/Greenthumb
Male User Gallery

Loc: North Star Flag
Re: NUTRIENT experts only please, very important nutrient question [Re: kickin-two-hundo]
    #426909 - 06/01/10 02:30 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

If you want the best for a budget.  The FloraNova series is :awesome:

You can have a great grow start to finish w/ only the Veg and bloom.  Once you get comfortable and have extra cash you can look into products like Sweet, Bushmaster, Snowstorm, etc...

--------------------
Don't criticize what you can't understand

OfflineCrusty Ass Bastard
Pheno Hunting

Folding@home Statistics
Trusted Cultivator
Re: NUTRIENT experts only please, very important nutrient question [Re: kickin-two-hundo]
    #426912 - 06/01/10 02:36 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

There is no consensus "best" line of nutrients, but those are all good options.

Also: Canna and H&G.

--------------------
|

Skunk Train (Most Recent) | G13 Haze (Completed) | G13 Haze (Completed) | G13 Haze (Completed)
Cinnibis Rolls | Indoor Peppers

"The secret of improved plant breeding, apart from scientific knowledge, is love." -Luther Burbank

InvisibleHarry_Ba11sachM
cannoisseur
 User Gallery

Loc: Nepal Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #426918 - 06/01/10 02:49 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

cicken200 said:
Okay i am about to purchase new nutrients, now i want to know what are the BEST nutrients i can buy, they are all from like 40 to 80 bucks, so im not so concerned about the price. I was set on floranova grow and bloom, but then i read some stuff about it that wasnt so great, which turned me off of it. So im looking at either the three part flora nova, the two part flora nova grow and bloom, or the advanced nutrient three part grow, bloom, micro, or the three part fox farms grow big, tiger bloom, and whatever the other one is. Thers also the floralicious line which i am wondering about.

Also i am going to get some other nutrients along with the main nutrients, heres what im looking at. Koolbloom, or advanced nutrients big bud, superthrive or budswell. Thanks for the input, i kno this may be a difficult question, i am looking for a very specific answer.

Ok you're pretty confused. First off, floralicious is not a "line" it's an additive meant to be used with any of the regular General Hydroponics base nutrients (Floranova Grow and Bloom, or the Floragrow, micro and bloom).

Second, there is no "floranova 3 part."  There is a 3 part nutrient line made by GH, but they're just the flora series. Floranova is JUST Grow and Bloom, the Flora series is comprised of Floragrow, Floramicro, and Florabloom, and that is the standard 3 part you hear about.

Thirdly, if you go with the AN 3 part then you should get the Big Bud, if you go with either of the GH lines then you should get Koolbloom. Superthrive is not a nutrient, it's a vitamin supplement to reduce stress during transplant or osmotic deficiency (underwatering/overwatering).

--------------------

InvisibleInverted
CNC Machinist/Greenthumb
Male User Gallery

Loc: North Star Flag
Re: NUTRIENT experts only please, very important nutrient question [Re: Harry_Ba11sach]
    #426920 - 06/01/10 02:54 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

You took the time to type what I didn't want to.  :lol:

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

--------------------
Don't criticize what you can't understand

Invisiblestarrider

Re: NUTRIENT experts only please, very important nutrient question [Re: Inverted]
    #427070 - 06/01/10 08:35 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

Flora is your best bet. With anythinf that yuo use there are going to be reports of bad stuff. This is how the world works. They are the best priced and work the best.

--------------------
"If the doors of perception were cleansed every thing would appear to man as it is, infinite."

William Blake

Anything  I write is a lie. Any picture I post is a fake. I only write for entertainment.

Offlinekickin-two-hundo
|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅| ♪♫♪♫♪♫
Male User Gallery

Loc: afghanistan
Re: NUTRIENT experts only please, very important nutrient question [Re: starrider]
    #427418 - 06/02/10 09:02 AM (13 years, 9 months ago)

So should i go with the flora three part, grow bloom and micro or the two part just floranova grow and bloom? price doesnt matter  to me, i just want the best one and whether its two or three doesnt matter to me once again i just want the best results. And so if i get the flora, i should get koolbloom, should i get me some budswell too? bat shits gotta make the bud smell skunky

--------------------
The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time.

anything and everything i post on here is completely fictional and come straight from the deepest depths of the black hole which is my mind.

InvisibleHarry_Ba11sachM
cannoisseur
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #427426 - 06/02/10 09:39 AM (13 years, 9 months ago)

A bud won't smell skunky unless the genetics are right. Some of the stinkiest weed I've ever grown smelled like oranges :shrug:  And no, for smell I like to go with an Bud Candy or just plain molasses.

As for which GH line you choose, that really depends on your medium. Are you doing perlite? coir? soil?

--------------------

OfflineTektonic
dont panic, it's organic

Folding@home Statistics
    #427463 - 06/02/10 10:40 AM (13 years, 9 months ago)

i'm using General Organics and my plants love it,
most of those bottles are about $15 each, bioBud is like $35

i used to use AN religiously with good results,
but i felt like trying organic and so far i'm impressed

--------------------
Legal & Compliant with local & state regulations.

Daily Tzolkin

:peace: :heart: :earth:

"If triangles' had a God, he would have 3 sides."

InvisibleStonethM
D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.
Male User Gallery

Loc: No where ville, USA Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #427536 - 06/02/10 12:38 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

cicken200 said:
So should i go with the flora three part, grow bloom and micro or the two part just floranova grow and bloom? price doesnt matter  to me, i just want the best one and whether its two or three doesnt matter to me once again i just want the best results. And so if i get the flora, i should get koolbloom, should i get me some budswell too? bat shits gotta make the bud smell skunky

I'd say go with floranova, being there are feed charts all over this forum to give you a head start.:yesnod:

I also say yes to the budswell as well, it makes a big difference in the end product.

Offlinefort collins ak-47
cherry pheno
Male

Re: NUTRIENT experts only please, very important nutrient question [Re: Harry_Ba11sach]
    #481070 - 09/22/10 10:37 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

well said.

InvisibleHarry_Ba11sachM
cannoisseur
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: NUTRIENT experts only please, very important nutrient question [Re: fort collins ak-47]
    #481103 - 09/22/10 11:33 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

ha, thanks. Which part?

--------------------

Offlinereckless
Stoner

Loc: Flag
    #481141 - 09/23/10 02:02 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

This is what I don't understand when it comes to nutrients.. Does the brand matter, as long as you are giving your plants the correct nutrients in the proper concentration?

InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #481149 - 09/23/10 04:17 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Ok Kickin I'm gonna suggest something called Pure Blend Pro. I know for a fact it's killer cause I used it for years with great results. You can go crazy with it and it won't burn your plants.

I am gonna say this and I'm serious. I'm going from your posts and growing exp. You use a 3 part nutrient and your plants are as good as dead :potleaf:

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

:growingweed: Join us at the Growery! :growingweed:

InvisibleHarry_Ba11sachM
cannoisseur
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: NUTRIENT experts only please, very important nutrient question [Re: reckless]
    #481173 - 09/23/10 07:48 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

reckless said:
This is what I don't understand when it comes to nutrients.. Does the brand matter, as long as you are giving your plants the correct nutrients in the proper concentration?

For the most part no, as long as you use them correctly.

Now what Magash just said hit the nail on the head, someone like Kickin' clearly can't handle 3 part nutrients, he needs to stick with a one-part, pH-balanced, easy to use nutrient just because it fits his ability levels better

--------------------

OfflineRasJeph
Psycho Pete
Male

Loc: Bumfuckt Egypt
    #481196 - 09/23/10 08:45 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Harry_Ba11sach said:
A bud won't smell skunky unless the genetics are right. Some of the stinkiest weed I've ever grown smelled like oranges :shrug:  And no, for smell I like to go with an Bud Candy or just plain molasses.

I'd like to mention here that its the same experience with me haha. I purchased a citrus (orange) scented air freshener and it just really confused the fuck out of your nose when you smelled it. You knew it was covering something up, but you couldn't put your finger on it because the orange smells combined and just made a really strange smell.

And I never had a problem with smell, until recently when I started using molasses. I actually stopped using it, because as far as I could tell, it didn't add much more than an over powering knock out smell. I'm talking about stink right through those "smelly proof" bags.

Just my 2 cents. I'm not an expert by any means.

--------------------
Of course it's happening inside your head.
Why should that mean it isn't real?

Offlinekyuzo
Stranger Than Fiction

#481200 - 09/23/10 09:25 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

does anyone have any experience using molasses with a hydro system, and if so, did it cause any issues with the plumbing?

InvisibleHarry_Ba11sachM
cannoisseur
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: NUTRIENT experts only please, very important nutrient question [Re: kyuzo]
    #481206 - 09/23/10 09:51 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

it depends what kind of hydro system. Aero- absolutely don't use it, DWC probably a bad idea because of shit growing in your water, E&F, probably alright

--------------------

Invisiblemaryanne3087
Stranger
Trusted Cultivator
    #481257 - 09/23/10 12:39 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Keep it simple.

For you, as Magash said I could only recommend the Floranova or another single part nutrient like PureBlendPro or Ionic. I use Floranova, Ionic, and 3-part Flora using the Micro and Bloom components only and like them all. I like the Flora series the most, I like it's added precision and control over my plants.

There's definitely a learning curve and it's no joke when experienced growers tell people getting started that they should start with soil. DWC is very involved and not at all forgiving.

Offlinekyuzo
Stranger Than Fiction

Re: NUTRIENT experts only please, very important nutrient question [Re: maryanne3087]
    #481291 - 09/23/10 02:15 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

What made you decide to go with a single part grow formula over the 2 part?

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies