Home | Community | Message Board

Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Invisiblemaryanne3087
Stranger
Trusted Cultivator
Single part vs 3 part nutrient formulations
    #445957 - 07/13/10 03:23 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

Hello folks,

I'd like to hear peoples experiences with single part nutrients and how they feel they compare to the more complicated 2-3 part nutrients.

Most nutrients come in a 2 part grow and 2 part bloom recipe. Some are single part for grow or bloom and some are double part for either grow or bloom (not specific to either) such as Canna or House and Garden.

I've tried many different nutrients so far I've enjoyed Floranova by General hydroponics and the Canna line most. I haven't had much experience with the General hydroponics flora lineup but I suspect I'll like that even more than the floranova. I primarily use floranova grow for veg before the outdoor season but have used the bloom on planted I kept in pots outdoors.

I don't have much reason but I suspect that the floranova grow is more than excellent and the bloom would fall in the category of good to great. I found many of the bloom nutrients to be comparable with 90% of my experience with bloom nutrients being either Floranova bloom or Canna 2part. The floranova grow worked far better than canna for veg though, yet was comparable to canna for flowering (in soil).

I'd like to hear about everyone's experiences with different nutrients I'm most interested in hearing about how everyone thinks the single part nutrients compare to the 3 part general hydroponics nutrients. I'd also like to know how you mix your nutrients and what your tapwater is like. I'd like to evaluate the advantages and disadvantages of the GH 1part vs 3part (and possibly using the Micro and Bloom without the Grow) accounting for such things as tap water and mix rates.

Previously my tap water has been tested at ~30ppm and a pH of 7 at my new location (far away from that location) it tests at 140ppm and and has a pH of 8.2

Best Regards,
MA3087

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Single part vs 3 part nutrient formulations [Re: maryanne3087]
    #447895 - 07/18/10 12:05 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

I've found if growing many strains at the same time it's easier to come up with a general all around food using the one part mixes. I've found that if your gonna keep the strains seperate and feed them separately that using a 3 part is better because it's easier to adjust to the needs of each strain.

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

:growingweed: Join us at the Growery! :growingweed:

Invisiblemaryanne3087
Stranger
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Single part vs 3 part nutrient formulations [Re: Magash]
    #447900 - 07/18/10 12:31 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

what about if you're growing a monocrop?

InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Single part vs 3 part nutrient formulations [Re: maryanne3087]
    #448122 - 07/18/10 06:03 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

If you want easy to work with go with one part. Want to get really into it then go with the three part so you can cater to the exact needs of the strain your growing.

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

:growingweed: Join us at the Growery! :growingweed:

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom